PDA

View Full Version : Title winning captain jettisoned

razor
10/01/2012, 3:30 PM
Last seasons title winning captain has been jettisoned

City captain quits Leeside over 'laughable' contract
Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 03:26 PM

Greg O’Halloran, the man who led Cork City to promotion to the Premier Division as champions, has quit the club, according the The Evening Echo.

The Crosshaven man , has turned down a new contract after failing to agree terms.

O'Halloran said: “We have gone our separate ways because I was unable to agree terms with the cub.

“To be honest, the terms were laughable and for a player who played over 60 games for the club, it’s a big disappointment.

“It’s a disgrace what I was offered having captained the team to promotion, but I know from experience that you never know what’s around the corner in this game,” said O’Halloran.

“I was offered a near 80% reduction in wages and, in a recession like this, that was just not feasible for me.

“I wish the club the best of luck for the season ahead but they will be doing it without me,” said O’Halloran, on the eve of the squad return to pre-season training.

City boss Tommy Dunne said he wished to thank Greg for his contribution over the last two years and wished him well on the business front.

Read more: http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/city-captain-quits-leeside-over-laughable-contract-535338.html#ixzz1j4Ujcsdi

A face
11/01/2012, 1:33 PM
Onwards and upwards .... All the best to the guy

micls
11/01/2012, 1:51 PM
Ah darn. I'm gutted.....honest

citybone
17/01/2012, 11:14 AM
Good decision Tommy. was a fringe player anyway and a bad attitude, we got better players in now. Wonder will he go to Cobh or Waterford.

A face
18/01/2012, 9:49 PM
Probably back to Rams alright, he was there before as well.

GenerationXI
31/01/2012, 8:00 AM
Sure if it's big bucks he's after he'll probably end up at Limerick. :P