PDA

View Full Version : Standing Ovation

thecorner
24/07/2004, 10:19 AM
if city bow out today,we would hate for people to start leaving early.

if you see any body leaving,stop them and make sure everybody stays to give the city players and staff,the standing ovation they deserve

dahamsta
24/07/2004, 10:59 AM
No offense thecorner, but if I was at the City game today and I went to leave and you tried to stop me, I'd clock you one. If people want to leave that's their business, not yours.

adam

thecorner
24/07/2004, 11:01 AM
I'd clock you one.

love to see you try

kevincronin2000
24/07/2004, 11:04 AM
Stop this negativity.
we will win 2-0

Eric
24/07/2004, 1:06 PM
Stop this negativity.
we will win 2-0

You still drunk from last weekend???? :D

In fairness Corner I think the players and officials of City know that there will be a lot of barstoolers there tonight and won't be surprised when they leave a bit early. The rest of us will let them know how proud we are of them once the game is over

Gandhi
24/07/2004, 2:59 PM
If people start to leave early and other people take offence at it & give them verbals it will distract from what we should be doing - supporting City. It would be a shame if anyone left early but let it go I reckon. I'm staying till the end and will be there afterwards to applaud the team and show my appreciation for what they have achieved. Lets not get into even considering any other course of action. Concern yourself with your own behaviour, your own support for Cork City FC. What a day for the club. Irrespective of the result today is a great day and I'm going to enjoy it. I've already enjoyed the build up and the thought that today Nantes are in town to play against us in the quarter finals of a European competition. Magical magical feeling. More of the same please next season Mr Dolan

dahamsta
24/07/2004, 5:14 PM
love to see you try
I'm afraid I'm not going to get into a discussion about who's the hardest thecorner, I was simply making a point. I don't blame you for not having the intelligence to recognise that.

If people start to leave early and other people take offence at it & give them verbals it will distract from what we should be doing - supporting City.Well said Gandhi. People are always cribbing that others should concentrate on the football, that that's what it's all about, yet we still get garbage "suggestions" like this. It's none of thecorner's damned business if people wish to leave the match early. Call them barstoolers if you like, I'll lay odds Brian Lennox is bloody glad to see them. Every penny counts in the eL.

adam

ThaddyQuill
25/07/2004, 12:29 AM
In the end, 95% of the fans stayed until the end. You could hear a pin drop when Dolan made his little speech after the game.

thecorner
25/07/2004, 3:06 AM
great they got that standing ovation

Gary
25/07/2004, 6:33 PM
What amazed me the most last night, was that, given the amount of 'new' fans and 'daytrippers' that were there, that very very few people left before the final whistle. The ground was still more or less full to capacity at the final whistle, to give the team the applause they so deserved.

I reckon many of these folks will be back. Hopefully to see us finally end our Waaherfurh hoodoo.

Real ale Madrid
26/07/2004, 12:00 PM
I could not believe the amount of people that went to the match that had rarely been to an el game before thought it was "unbelieveable" or "fantastic" -i think the whole inter toto experience is going to have a large knock on effect - i think the club should use this opportunity to really step up the clubs marketing and keep the attendances well up.

sullanefc
26/07/2004, 12:42 PM
- i think the club should use this opportunity to really step up the clubs marketing and keep the attendances well up.

And what a home game to follow up our European adventure!! A munster derby with Waterford. Should be an exciting and tense affair. Hopefully the game will go ahead and the weather stays fine. If the football is good fans could see that there is more to Cork City than intertoto glory.

sullanefc
26/07/2004, 2:15 PM
i go to as much home games as i can and the only ones i havent seen in 2yrs is the waterford games. there is always something on or holidays but by good nobody can stop me this friday. reynolds ya lang£r!!!

I've never seen a Waterford game either cos I was in Oz for a year until this April. And they were always in the first division before that. And while I've been away I've heard their keeper(can't think of his name) and Reynolds have not been far away from controversy at the cross. Really looking forward to it now. Will their keeper be suspended tho??

Storysham
26/07/2004, 2:21 PM
Im away in london this friday, gutted im missing it. missed the rovers game this year too, and they are my favourite.

max power
26/07/2004, 2:35 PM
If people start to leave early and other people take offence at it & give them verbals it will distract from what we should be doing - supporting City.

there is true gandhi, non violent means ;)

sullanefc
26/07/2004, 4:59 PM
Not justifying people leaving early but I can understand why people (very few though) would on Saturday. The game kinda died after Nantes scored and City didn't seem to have the same drive they had previous to the goal. The crowd quitened down as well. I for one am glad I stayed til the end to cheer the team and their achievement. But when the chant "Sunshine Supporters" rang out from the shed, I thought to myself that this isn't a good way to entice people to come back.

tiktok
26/07/2004, 8:51 PM
But when the chant "Sunshine Supporters" rang out from the shed, I thought to myself that this isn't a good way to entice people to come back.

exactly my thoughts at the time.
I can understand the frustration that led to it, but we all knew there would be a fewbarstoolers among there. Credit those barstoolers that stayed to cheer the boys off though, hopefully we'll see a lot of them back regularly.

dahamsta
26/07/2004, 8:56 PM
I couldn't go to Nantes but I gotta say I was surprised at the amount of people that stayed after NEC to applaud the team. Looked like pretty much everybody to me.

adam

GavinZac
27/07/2004, 1:00 AM
I couldn't go to Nantes but I gotta say I was surprised at the amount of people that stayed after NEC to applaud the team. Looked like pretty much everybody to me.

adam

95% of people stayed this time too.

about 3% had a sing song in the centre circle about 1/2 hour later :D

Éanna
27/07/2004, 7:13 PM
I can't stand people leaving early. Anyone who left that game early on saturday should be put in stocks and stoned and then banned from ever attending a match again. Its the height of ignorance, disrespect and bad manners. Well done to all those who stayed. The team deserved the ovation they got

ollie
27/07/2004, 10:46 PM
I've heard their keeper(can't think of his name) and Reynolds have not been far away from controversy at the cross. Really looking forward to it now. Will their keeper be suspended tho??
dan connor is the fella your thinking of

sullanefc
27/07/2004, 11:04 PM
dan connor is the fella your thinking of

Thats the fella. Think he's suspended for the next game tho. Was looking forward to seeing the shed give him dogs of abuse.

BTW cheers for teeing my up for the goal tonight Ollie. Nice one ;)