PDA

View Full Version : Giller Gone

Breifne
24/07/2004, 8:15 AM
It seems that John Gill has resigned as Manager of the Vikings after last nights dissappointment against the mighty Monaghan United.

Its a pity, bringing us to the first division championship last year, and doing so well this season, we have been doing pretty well, just struggling a little bit and dropping stupid points, we are definitely good enough to stay up, but we need to bring in a solid replacement who won't allow any crap in the dressingroom or in the stand affect the on field performance.

We need to collect 20 points from the last 16 games, and then we can consider ourselves safe (enough) Derry came second last on 36 points last year. Drogs had 37. For the record UCD had 34 and went down.

20 points is not an unreasonable amount, bring in a ball buster, and lets start seeing some results.

Dublin City FC (http://www.dublincityfc.net)

Ruairi
25/07/2004, 1:08 PM
I'd almost put money on a certain R.Collins taking over...

Breifne
25/07/2004, 1:14 PM
I'd almost put money on a certain R.Collins taking over...

Bit too much pressure on the young lad, Robbie wasn't even able to get served in the Ivy house one of the nights after a game, he has enough, let him get a bit more established in the side, he is one of the best young attacking options in the league at the moment, and still eligible for Under 21 football, bit much to be asking him to take over running the side.

Robbie Collins (Profile) (http://www.dublincityfc.net/players.php?id=430)

Ruairi
25/07/2004, 1:21 PM
R as in Roddy.......

;)

Breifne
25/07/2004, 1:24 PM
See i knew that, just playing with ya,

Think Roddy would be the best appointment myself, bring in a person who'll take no **** for the next four months, after that look at it again
But we have to leave Noel and Jacko and the rest of the back room staff.
just need a new face at the helm to shake it up.

Maynard
25/07/2004, 6:16 PM
Agreed. Plus Roddy has seen a fair amount of our games this year.
But I guess we'll have to wait and see...

Sheridan
25/07/2004, 10:56 PM
See i knew that, just playing with ya,

Think Roddy would be the best appointment myself, bring in a person who'll take no **** for the next four months, after that look at it again
But we have to leave Noel and Jacko and the rest of the back room staff.
just need a new face at the helm to shake it up.
Spot on. Someone needs to shake 'em up.

Roddy Collins is the man, for the remainder of the season at least. Please God don't let it be Keely or King.

max power
25/07/2004, 11:24 PM
if you were higher up the table maybve, but i don't think rody wants relegation on his cv, but he is always going on about being a good mate of john gill, so he might be a help to you even if he is gone

Ringo
26/07/2004, 7:09 AM
Roddy Collins is the man, for the remainder of the season at least. Please God don't let it be Keely or King.

I would like to see Roddy , taking over. I think Gill built a good team & gave us a great season , last year. He didn't become a bad manager over night.

"Give me lucky generals," Bonaparte used to say.

"The emperor did not trust skill, or training, or brains. He didn't really know why some generals won and some seemed to lose."

We'd a lot of luck last year & it ran out. I still think the team is good enough to stay up. Players/ supporters, maybe we all share part of the blame, a good honest manager is gone. I've no doubt we'll see, john back as a manager, he should be snapped up.

The list of possible managers isn't great, couldn't stomach King myself, after last year. :eek: