PDA

View Full Version : snow patrol

ccfcman
23/07/2004, 4:26 PM
i think you'll agree snow patrol are fabulous!in fact theyre nearly on a par w/ city beating nec :D .no srsly any1 else think theyre the best thing outta norrin oireland since the titanic!

tiktok
23/07/2004, 8:52 PM
Snow Patrol are fantastic, and have been for years (no, I'm not going to start an 'I knew them when they were nobodies' thread :D ) and really deserve the success they've had. The late Great Uaneen Fitzsimons championed them vigorously on 'No Disco' way back when she was doing the same for Coldplay, let's hope Gary Lightbody and the boys have the same success.

They are brilliant live, really go for it every time I've seen them and are dead sound blokes, had the privilege of meeting them in the Forum :eek: when they supported Ash way back when and they were dead on, no Sh!te about them, a good few beers and a bit of a chat after the gig.

Check out their previous albums as well
'Songs for Polar bears" and the brilliant (better than "Final Straw" IMO) "When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up"

ccfcman
26/07/2004, 8:43 AM
When were you born? Have you forgotten about Nadine Coyle?

:rolleyes: ,but she's a "musician" in a "band"!

speaking of pop idiots i was watching cd:uk repeat the other night(cat deeley ;) ) and she was discussing the mercury music prize with edith bowen,tom from keane and jennifer ellison.ellison was asked what did she think of the bands up for nomination,s.patrol,keane,franz,b.jaxx,jamelia etc.ellisons reply was oh ya i kinda like some of it but isnt it all sort for "cool" people and arent those bands cool!edith hammered her sayin theyre not cool,theyre REAL musicians who actually know what music is.v.funny stuff :D

gustavo
26/07/2004, 3:51 PM
yeah snow patrol are great saw them play mcgarrigles in sligo this time last year and they put on a great show :)