PDA

View Full Version : Football Manger 2012

gufc2000
04/01/2012, 2:13 PM
Thoughts and opinions?

The LOI is a little all over the place in it at the minute due to the ongoing confusion with the structures and that

nigel-harps1954
04/01/2012, 7:52 PM
Isn't there a new patch due in March? Will supposedly have it all cleared up then.

Haven't played it myself yet, dying to get playing it, got the brothers copy of it, but lo and behold steam codes have blocked that idea. Borrowing games for PC no longer happens. It's quite annoying.

Acornvilla
05/01/2012, 7:00 PM
Its god awful to manage in the PD once you've built a team capable of doing anything in the europa league groups regularly. Just way too many games, especially if you go far in the league and fai cups

poster
08/03/2012, 11:42 AM
Transfer update is out now, seems fairly accurate as far as LoI is concerned.

sadloserkid
10/03/2012, 11:19 AM
Stayed with 2011. Got the 2012 demo and it didn't rock me, didn't like the layout (though I'm sure with time that would have changed) either. Is it any kind of a step up? At this stage I presume I'll just wait until 2013 is released.

nigel-harps1954
10/03/2012, 2:15 PM
Might actually pick up the game now. I see it's going for 14.99 sterling on Amazon at the minute. Still playing 2010, so I guess it's time for an upgrade.

sadloserkid
10/03/2012, 2:51 PM
Might actually pick up the game now. I see it's going for 14.99 sterling on Amazon at the minute. Still playing 2010, so I guess it's time for an upgrade.

That is a good price, will have to consider it myself too. Decisions, decisions.

nigel-harps1954
10/03/2012, 9:52 PM
Decisions indeed. There's better things I could buy, but I miss an up to date game. Annoying having to play the likes of Fingal in 2010.

Acornvilla
11/03/2012, 11:24 AM
I'd recommend giving it a go especially at that price

sadloserkid
06/06/2012, 10:57 PM
I actually bought it a while back and am enjoying it. Just starting a second season with Limerick after a First Division, Munster Senior Cup, League Cup treble in my first season.

Acornvilla
07/06/2012, 11:47 AM
The Irish league is cat once you start making headway in europe, you need a squad of 22 or so just to cope with the amount of matches..

Salmon and Purdy are usually pretty decent players to nab off Town and Clive Delaney is practicly cheating if you set your set pieces correctly. Got me something like 25 goals in a season from corners.

nigel-harps1954
07/06/2012, 3:04 PM
The Irish league is cat once you start making headway in europe, you need a squad of 22 or so just to cope with the amount of matches..

Salmon and Purdy are usually pretty decent players to nab off Town and Clive Delaney is practicly cheating if you set your set pieces correctly. Got me something like 25 goals in a season from corners.

Also next to near impossible to attract decent players whilst keeping in a decent financial state.

sadloserkid
08/06/2012, 7:23 PM
Also next to near impossible to attract decent players whilst keeping in a decent financial state.

Just like the real thing then, what a game. :)

Mad Moose
30/12/2012, 7:29 PM
I am always a year behind on this but due to University commitments and the addictive nature of FM I haven't played it in a while but bought it for my nephew for christmas. He's only got into this now as he needed help setting up and so we've had time with it this christmas. I haven't told him FM 13 is out since. Really good game and I've become his assistant manager in setting up, getting players in, managing finances etc. Despite his wish to manage Nottingham Forest I told him he had to learn his trade and he was warmly recieved at Finn Park. While I wasn't around he went and took Harps to an FAI Cup Final against St Pat's and St Pats avenged the defeat by Harps in 1974 and won 2-1. Season two and Daniel as manager has his eye on a striker called Kike. We took on a 31 year old called David Ward last year whom bagged his share of goals and I stuck him out wide left and he had bags of pace and did a great job.

No less addictive than ever I have known this game and the hours have flown by over the christmas. 1 up to Uncle Brendan on the presents front once again.