PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Game in City's History...

sullanefc
23/07/2004, 2:24 PM
On the eve of City's game against Nantes, I just wanted to get an idea on what ye all think was the biggest game in City's short history. I would start a poll but I don't know how. Feel free to mention other games that i've left out.

Bayern Munich, UEFA Cup, Musgrave Park 91/92

Shelbourne, League Decider, The RDS 92/93

Galatasary, European Cup, Bishopstown 93/94

Shelbourne, FAI cup Final 97/98

St Pats, League Decider, Inchicore April 99

Nantes, Intertoto QF, Turners Cross 04

Ruairi
23/07/2004, 2:25 PM
Rovers at the cross a few years ago when colin o'brien scored in the last minute to send us to europe

pete
23/07/2004, 2:37 PM
Shelbourne, League Decider, The RDS 92/93

Wasn't there but i think it was most important if not biggest game in short history.

Nantes is big but not so important.

thecorner
23/07/2004, 2:42 PM
dundalk in the cross in 91 :mad:

would have won our first title

tiktok
23/07/2004, 3:05 PM
St Pats, League Decider, Inchicore April 99

that's my one, still hurts to be honest :(

eoinh
23/07/2004, 3:14 PM
Very hard to say. The Pats and Dundalk matchs as mentioned are the most import in the clubs history.

having said that if we won tomorrow 2-0 and put City into the semi-finals of a european competition - what a boost to the league.

That can be equally said shels match against Hajduk split.

those two matchs could really boost the general publics interest in the league :ball:

James
23/07/2004, 3:19 PM
dundalk in the cross in 91 :mad:

stil have tom mcnulty as one of my most hated people in the world
that hitler lookalike mother****er grrrrr

pete
23/07/2004, 3:21 PM
I think the dublin public are more or less indifferent towards the eL & maybe nothing short of CL group Stages or CL 3rd round against British team could awake thier interest.

On the otherhand massive difference in Cork, when city improve people come out. Brother was even saying this week that sunshine supporters at work were getting their tickets for Nantes early in the week in case a sell out. Realistically city have slim chance of getting through tie but may still sell out.

niamh
23/07/2004, 3:58 PM
I don't think anyone would think the City v Nantes game would be the most important in the club's history when you consider that the league and FAI Cup are what City are about week to week.
Don't get me wrong - the last few weeks have been some of the best in the club's history, but we're going to be returning to league action sooner rather than later, when all the barstoolers will once again disappear and only City's hardcore will be travelling.
The Intertoto Cup will affect City's away support which is understandable, but not a good thing.

thecorner
23/07/2004, 4:03 PM
but we're going to be returning to league action sooner rather than later,

sssshhhhhh!!!!!!!

SÓC
23/07/2004, 4:21 PM
But we can delay the league return!

From www.fcna.fr (http://www.fcna.fr) ;Les Canaris rejoindront l'Hôtel Maryborough House. We could welcome them to Cork after having had a few pints tonight;)

Anyone remember what the Rovers fans did the the Slovan Liberic scout?

Seriously though, from what I've heard about the Ref he is a man who likes nothing more than himself, he does some sort of kung fu warm up routine, he has his own agent ffs. We could really turn him in our favour, ask him for autographs, tell him we think he's a great Ref, well respected for the way he handled Roy Keane etc. Sunderland fans did this to him before and it seemed to work, there was an artilce on football365.com about it a few months ago.

Ok Im getting desperate...

tiktok
23/07/2004, 8:42 PM
someone write a Rennie chant

I say butter him up, he has an ego

Éanna
23/07/2004, 10:30 PM
someone write a Rennie chant

I say butter him up, he has an ego
well, SOMEONE asked him for two penalties for city tomorrow down at ramblers tonight and he just laughed. seemed kinda sound- he was chattin away to people alright