PDA

View Full Version : Can Bray compete in LOI premier Div ?

Captain2007
28/12/2011, 2:46 PM
Players definately gone.....Dempsey, Jake Kelly,Prendagast, Shields, Murphy, Quigley, D O Connor, Keith Long (Assist Manager) in fact 1 player from 2011 team has signed back...we will probably have at best a LSL side. :(

Bray-Z
28/12/2011, 3:47 PM
Players definately gone.....Dempsey, Jake Kelly,Prendagast, Shields, Murphy, Quigley, D O Connor, Keith Long (Assist Manager) in fact 1 player from 2011 team has signed back...we will probably have at best a LSL side. :(

Where did ya hear all this?

The Fox
28/12/2011, 4:43 PM
Where are they all going - not many clubs have money to spend.
By all accounts Bohs and Dundalk will be scaled back on last year. Monaghan Cork Shels and Drogheda have signed palyers already and I would imagine have accounted for a sizable part of their budgets. Derry dont have a manager. Pats were working off a small budget last year. With all due respects most of our players arent good enough for Sligo and Rovers. UCD - i doubt it!!
We were always going to lose a few of our better players, but a total wipeout would be unthinkable.

Who has actually signed back?

Captain2007
28/12/2011, 4:53 PM
Where are they all going - not many clubs have money to spend.
By all accounts Bohs and Dundalk will be scaled back on last year. Monaghan Cork Shels and Drogheda have signed palyers already and I would imagine have accounted for a sizable part of their budgets. Derry dont have a manager. Pats were working off a small budget last year. With all due respects most of our players arent good enough for Sligo and Rovers. UCD - i doubt it!!
We were always going to lose a few of our better players, but a total wipeout would be unthinkable.

Who has actually signed back?

I don't think the board could agree a budget with Pat and while that was going on the players were looking for clubs, Prendagast to Drogheda and Shields to St. Pats with more departures imminent..it does not look to good, we don't have enough money to retain our players, absolutely no money coming in to the club..

Dillonman
29/12/2011, 1:41 PM
Hearing Chris Shields is on his way to us. Dont know alot about him other than when he played against us, seems to play above midfield, doesnt score alot. Is he any good?

Captain2007
29/12/2011, 3:50 PM
Hearing Chris Shields is on his way to us. Dont know alot about him other than when he played against us, seems to play above midfield, doesnt score alot. Is he any good?

Caffery had him in the Irish Underage squad so probably has a connection, very versatile player and great work ethic,centre midfield IMO his best position, can play Centre-back also up- front, good signing for ye...

Dillonman
29/12/2011, 4:00 PM
Caffery had him in the Irish Underage squad so probably has a connection, very versatile player and great work ethic,centre midfield IMO his best position, can play Centre-back also up- front, good signing for ye...

Sounds good, is he from Bray or is he from Dublin? Cause we wont be offering alot of money for him to be travelling from Bray every day!

dfx-
29/12/2011, 8:51 PM
Bray still can't be relegated either way. It's part of the participation agreement.

Roo69
30/12/2011, 2:14 PM
Shielo is from Dublin, northside i think. Good signing for Dundalk.

Prendergast signed for Drogheda too. Things are looking very bad at the moment for us, really need to get our off the field problems sorted out ASAP.

We've 3 players signed back at the moment - Brian Kane (keeper), Daire Doyle and Marty Waters.

naoise kennedy
30/12/2011, 3:19 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69;1562331]Shielo is from Dublin, northside i think. Good signing for Dundalk.

AFAIK chris is from clondalkin...

The Fox
30/12/2011, 10:30 PM
I cannot believe that we are losing good players to Monaghan, Drogheda and Dundalk and Waterford, no disrespect to them. One step forward and two steps back!!! Conor Murphy to Monaghan - how can they afford to pay better wages and travel expenses to him???

Magicme
30/12/2011, 11:07 PM
Its the Roddy factor combined with promotion bringing revenue.

The Fox
30/12/2011, 11:40 PM
With all due respects - you wont get the cumulative total crowds for the season that we will get just quite simply from a geography point of view. While there is a Roddy effect it will still have to be paid for!!

outspoken
31/12/2011, 11:21 AM
Is Danny O'Connor staying with ye?