PDA

View Full Version : Cobh vLimrick Cup Tie

bren
21/07/2004, 6:16 PM
Very surprised no one talking about Fridays Cup Tie ----has every body gone to sleep or what .,----

On Sat. nights great preformance against the Roy Keanes ---what do you think the starting eleven should be

And lets hope for a big crowd to bring some athmosphere to the occasion .
PELE

cobhrambler 16
21/07/2004, 11:58 PM
for some reason i don't think well have a big crowd???

Rams-fan
22/07/2004, 11:40 AM
Cubert
murphy d
andrews j
Wolfe A
Meade J
Warren d
Cummins j
Conolon
Tynan
O'Reilly
Brosnan (O'Shea after 60mins if there is no break through) :)

Has Dave Moore left ? : anyone know the story? :confused:

LFC in Exile
22/07/2004, 11:46 AM
Very surprised no one talking about Fridays Cup Tie ----has every body gone to sleep or what .,----

Just not very confident obviously. :)

Looking forward to it. This is a crucial game for our season - so expect Limerick to be really up for it. Saw the United game on Chorus last night. I don't know what the fuss is about. You were playing a bunch of schoolboys and most of Ramblers chances came from mistakes by United players. I hope you are feeling very very confident after that, becasue if you think playing like that in a competitive game will do the we might as well just go straight into the 3rd round draw now. :)

Yoda01
22/07/2004, 12:43 PM
Cubert
murphy d
andrews j
Wolfe A
Meade J
Warren d
Cummins j
Conolon
Tynan
O'Reilly
Brosnan (O'Shea after 60mins if there is no break through) :)

Has Dave Moore left ? : anyone know the story? :confused:

wot about yelvie ? would u leave him out ?
moorseie has gone back to douglas hall

Rams-fan
22/07/2004, 4:46 PM
wot about yelvie ? would u leave him out ?
moorseie has gone back to douglas hall

A bit of an over sight. Steve would play instead of conolon, with Conolon coming on for Cummins @60 to 70 mins :rolleyes:

Rams-fan
22/07/2004, 5:19 PM
Just not very confident obviously. :)

Looking forward to it. This is a crucial game for our season - so expect Limerick to be really up for it. Saw the United game on Chorus last night. I don't know what the fuss is about. You were playing a bunch of schoolboys and most of Ramblers chances came from mistakes by United players. I hope you are feeling very very confident after that, becasue if you think playing like that in a competitive game will do the we might as well just go straight into the 3rd round draw now. :)

It's a crucial game for both sides. Last Saturday's game was a chance to let all the team play on the same pitch as the Bold RK. But Hill rested all the crucial players @ 60 - 70 Mins for Friday. I don't think anyone believes it'll be a pretty game, more of a slog.

With our luck and scoring ability, a draw is high posibility :ball:

Queenstown Ram
22/07/2004, 5:27 PM
Pity about David Moore leaving. John Andrews is suspended and Eoin Conlon got injured on Monday V Waterford U/21's.

Is Coker back? He played against the Man Utd X1

cobhrambler 16
22/07/2004, 5:40 PM
i'd drop meade for white.

why did he go back to douglas?? thats a big loss.

a win for ramblers tomorro!! :D

i heard lims are only bringing 14 players?! thats there whole squad is it??

Queenstown Ram
22/07/2004, 5:57 PM
With John Andrews suspended Hill could bring back Terry White and play John Meade in the central defence with Darren Murphy. John Meade dosnt deserve to be dropped. He has had a faultless season so far.

As for Limerick I think they have about 13 players for tomorrow night. Friday games are hard to plan for 1st Div teams with work committments etc. Fair play to Lims for agreeing the date change

heres hoping for a couple of goals from Brosie and a Cobh win.

ramblers
22/07/2004, 7:03 PM
There is no way you could play John Meade in the centre of Defence he is to small for that position.

The Team I reckon will be as follows,

Cuthburt
Meade
Wolfe
Murphy
Zico

Yelverton
Cummins
Warren
Tynan

Brosnan
Reily.

This is a team that could get the job done.

bren
22/07/2004, 10:38 PM
Just in case your not taking the **** and you are for real come out of the woodwork -tell us who you support and did you pass your primary cert .
You must be a miserable old sod ---
come to St. Colemans Park on Friday night to see two cracking teams --a fantastic match -and some fine players destined for the top .
Pele

LFC in Exile
23/07/2004, 8:40 AM
i'd drop meade for white.

why did he go back to douglas?? thats a big loss.

a win for ramblers tomorro!! :D

Maybe Moore went to Douglas because he wants to win the odd game.

We might only have 14 players with us but it will still be enough. We dion't have an underage structure and money means we have to keep a tight squad. So when you lose 6 likely starters through injury (Barry, Mernagh, Sugrue, Whyte, Lynch and Molan) it makes things very very tight. Just a s well we got a handy draw in this round really - most of these lads will be back for the next round.

joeSoap
23/07/2004, 8:47 AM
Funny that....but I'd swear the rules state you can use 11 players, plus use a maximum of 3 subs during any one game.
Let's see now, 11 + 3 = mmmm 14, I think!
Whats your problem with that, apart from the basic lack of your mathematic skills?

Rams-fan
23/07/2004, 10:16 AM
Funny that....but I'd swear the rules state you can use 11 players, plus use a maximum of 3 subs during any one game.
Whats your problem with that, apart from the basic lack of your mathematic skills?

It's nice to see the bit of banter before the Game.
:D

Looking forward to the Game. And may the best team on the night win ;)

Rams-fan
23/07/2004, 10:18 AM
Get a life ye sad bunch of fools talking about a miserable cup tie between two junior strugglers.

Sad to see posts like this, :p

If your not interested in the club of EL game your in the wrong forum. :ball:

dahamsta
23/07/2004, 1:24 PM
Skipper, your contribution to Foot.ie thus far has been utterly pathetic. Banned for a week. If you come back and start again the ban will be permanant.

adam

mickeysmall
23/07/2004, 2:06 PM
what time is the game on 2nite and how much is it to get in :o

mickeysmall
23/07/2004, 2:11 PM
Whats your problem with that, apart from the basic lack of your mathematic skills?im thinkin of headin down to dat game 2nite wat time is kick off

LFC in Exile
23/07/2004, 2:56 PM
Kick-off is eight o'clock. Usually €10 to get in but reductions for OAPs and students. They probably don't give discounts for u-16s because 99% of Ramblers fans seem to be around 12. :)

cobhrambler 16
23/07/2004, 11:03 PM
Kick-off is eight o'clock. Usually €10 to get in but reductions for OAPs and students. They probably don't give discounts for u-16s because 99% of Ramblers fans seem to be around 12. :)

at least we get a crowd!! i bet we'll have more the 4 travelling supporters tuesday!

brilliant game tonight!

how we did not win the game tonight i'll never no?? lims will be happy to get away with the draw because we were well on top.

cuthbert?? the sooner o'shea comes back the better!

the ref was terrible as usual!!!

when reilly got sent off if was an uphill battle but i still thought we could of won??

ah well looks like well go beat them at home tuesday!! :D

COME ON THE RAMS!!!!

adamcarr
23/07/2004, 11:05 PM
at least we get a crowd!!
ahhahahahahahahaha!!! You've got to be joking! ;)

cobhrambler 16
23/07/2004, 11:08 PM
i ment compared to limerick ha ha ha :D

ramblers
25/07/2004, 7:12 PM
Just for the record O Shea is not coming back.

The match was a great cup tie god to see both sides going for the win.

I am looking forward to Tuesday night and hope Limerick get a good crowd.

Gary
25/07/2004, 7:18 PM
when reilly got sent off if was an uphill battle

Actually Cobh were playing downhill in the 2nd half.

cobhrambler 16
25/07/2004, 10:22 PM
Actually Cobh were playing downhill in the 2nd half.

Oh funny man aren't ya...****in ******** :rolleyes: