PDA

View Full Version : Rip Off Package Deals For Paris

blobbyblob
21/07/2004, 6:34 PM
Well Boys and Girls,

Just been into town and spoted possibly the worst "package deal" Ive seen so far/in a long time. €595 for Flights and Accomodation, 3* Hotel, B&B and a welcome drink in the hotel. Friday - Sunday. No Transfers. No Match Ticket!

Can anyone better that?

Jon'o
21/07/2004, 6:38 PM
dont know about bettering that but by the looks of things im in the wrong job :D the mark up must be huge.

blobbyblob
21/07/2004, 7:09 PM
Meself and the Boys have managed travel, accomodation and tickets for €240

Will have to get a few sausages, rashers and eggs and fry em up under the Eiffel Tower on Match morning. Sorted

davyboy
21/07/2004, 7:32 PM
Meself and the Boys have managed travel, accomodation and tickets for €240

Will have to get a few sausages, rashers and eggs and fry em up under the Eiffel Tower on Match morning. Sorted

Where did you get that sweet little deal? I've been looking everywhere for a good deal

oconghc2
21/07/2004, 10:03 PM
still possible

flights ryanair (thurs - monday) 130
4 nights accom 80€ in hostel
match ticket €22 (feckin hope so!)

= €230

fair enough have to stay till monday but might take in u21 game etc

blobbyblob
22/07/2004, 11:58 AM
Where did you get that sweet little deal? I've been looking everywhere for a good deal

110 to london return
80 eurostar return
30 accomodation 2 nights hostel
25 ticket

loscherland
22/07/2004, 1:32 PM
Flights - Ryanair to Paris €50! Fly in Sat morn, fly back Monday evening
Accom 2 nights for €60
Match ticket €22 (Hopefully)
Total: €132

Nice mark up if you were to sell THAT for 500+!

only1kilbane
22/07/2004, 4:56 PM
Yeah i got details posted out to me and for a 2night package was 849 !!! I booked with Abbey Travel and its all in with tickets and transfers 2 nights accom for 595. Just really wanted to be guaranteed ticket in the Irish end so this seems the best way ..

For switzerland got flights for about 100 euro , accom 125 for 3 nights so not too bad compared to what they charging . Hoping tickets easier to come by for this compared to last time out anyway

Fr. Murphy
22/07/2004, 6:06 PM
Are you sure the ticket is guaranteed for the Irish end? I went with Abbey before and although told we’d be in the Irish end we ended up sitting in with the home support. But by that stage we were so toasted we didn’t seem to notice. Great time was had none the less

gspain
23/07/2004, 9:27 AM
Guys there is no way the Travel Agents will have tickets in the Irish end.

They have less priority than block bookers apart from Ray treacy who used to get some.

You go with a travel agent if you want everything organsied for you - they won't guarantee you a ticket i nthe Irish end and often don't even guarantee a ticket - 747 told punter a week before th eSwiss game they had no tickets unless they paid €150+ extra.

Abbey and co will probably source French tickets unless the F.A.I. get well in excess of 8,000 tickets.

You can do the legwork yourself - not too hard, book your own French ticket and save yourself €200+

only1kilbane
23/07/2004, 9:49 AM
Yeah have had bad experiences with 747 would never travel with them again. When we were in macedonia the bloke from 747 was locked in the hotel bar night before game just handing out the tickets for the game to whoever came up to him . Lucky we got to him but there was 3 of us and he gave us 4 tickets so we gave one to some scotish lad who had come over without a ticket ! Abbey have said for the game they will be given 400 irish end tickets for sure . DOnt see it as a big problem for them toget them seeing as we should be getting at least 8000.

KCFC Bohs
23/07/2004, 9:58 AM
Abbey and co will probably source French tickets unless the F.A.I. get well in excess of 8,000 tickets.
Yes - I was in Japan with Abbey - and the sources of their tickets were a little dubious to say the least. For the WC2002, the tickets had the buyer's name printed on them, as they were meant to be checked against passports going in. My tickets were purchased by someone called Runar Berg - not sure if he's the same as the guy involved with George Graham's bungs :eek:

Junior
23/07/2004, 10:59 AM
Yeah have had bad experiences with 747 would never travel with them again. When we were in macedonia the bloke from 747 was locked in the hotel bar night before game just handing out the tickets for the game to whoever came up to him . Lucky we got to him but there was 3 of us and he gave us 4 tickets so we gave one to some scotish lad who had come over without a ticket ! Abbey have said for the game they will be given 400 irish end tickets for sure . DOnt see it as a big problem for them toget them seeing as we should be getting at least 8000.

Me and a few boys travelled over independently for that game, without tickets. Met your man in the hotel bar and got 4 of him, mind you the fecker had a nice wee mark up on them, wasn't worth the hassle arguing with him.

The travel agent method is always going to be a rip off. Unless you have children in tow, just aren't very confident while in another country or just lazy then it has to be the absolute last option.

Obviously posters on here have access to the internet. You have information on flights, trains, ferries, accomodation, local maps, stadiums, bars, restaurants, language translation etc.. etc... etc... all at your finger tips.

Never done a package trip yet & please god never will!!

irwinsalegend
23/07/2004, 2:08 PM
He's my outlay
Flights Easy Jet - Belfast - Luton - Paris 150 euro return - Friday Morning to Monday luinchtime - might aswell make the most of it.
Hotel - 2* in Latin Quarter - 88 euro for 3 nights - Friday - Monday
match tickets sorted- 22 euro each

Total = 260

but sure then drink will come to about 500 if it's a quiet weekend and i'm sure it will with 14 of us going.

Fr. Murphy
23/07/2004, 2:31 PM
Dublin – London (Thursday Night)
London – Paris (Friday Morning)
Paris – London – Dublin (Sunday

Going with Ryanair to London and Eurostar to Paris altogether €140.
Staying on the cheap in London for £15. Sorted out accomodation in the Latin Quarter for €90 for the two nights.

Not bad going considering what the rip off merchants 747 and abbey are asking for.

gspain
23/07/2004, 3:16 PM
I've been checking the FFR website but there is still no news about tickets for the game against Ireland. Does anyone know if the French will actually sell tickets to Irish fans? I'm a block booker with the FAI so I'm expecting to get tickets from them anyway. I was speaking to one of the girls in the ticket office a month ago and she said that she would be surprised if anyone outside the block bookers, 10-year ticket holders, official supporters' clubs and Ray Tracey Travel actually got tickets. So I'm a bit worried will there be enough tickets to go around.

The French have no way of selling their tickets outside of a public sale. OK maybe they won't post to Ireland but they will be on public sale so worst case anyone in France or with a French address can get them.

If the F.A.I. only get/request 8,000 tickets then they won't go beyond the block booking list and may not even cover the block bookers.

Unless Abbey Travel have 400+ block bookings then they won't be getting F.A.I. tickets. I've no doubt they will be able to source 400 tickets for the game but not in the Irish end unless we get 20,000-30,000 tickets.

tarzan_bray
23/07/2004, 4:13 PM
Priced a trip to Paris with Ray Treacy Travel a few weeks ago. I can't remember the exact price he was offering, but the two different packages were somewhere between €700 and €800. He is supposed to be the official travel agent. Obviously taking advantage of some fans who would like to be safe in the knowledge that they are guaranteed a match ticket.

It's common knowledge that Treacy is a rip off merchant, I remember in 2002 he was offering packages of 3-4K for Japan, me and my mate got match tickets, 14 nights accomodation in Tokyo and flights for 1500, i'd never go near a cowboy like him thank God for the internet and Google!

thecorner
23/07/2004, 8:13 PM
i flew into charles de gaulle last weekend for the nantes vs city game for 288

thecorner
23/07/2004, 9:02 PM
Has anyone a Blue Peter Badge? :D

has anyone got a sense of humour :rolleyes:

SuperDub
23/07/2004, 11:02 PM
Use to travel with 747 quite a bit up till georgia albania games after which we have travelled independently too. Experienced many a nightmare with them "having to change hotels half way through trips" because they had'nt booked enough rooms etc. I know alot of lads who won't travel with them anymore. i know 1 guy who paid them €100 just for a match ticket for the swiss game. Spoke to the girls in the FAI last year and their advise is don't travel with them as the FAI refuse to deal with them. Thank god for the internet.