PDA

View Full Version : Devo puts it to the board..

naoise kennedy
19/12/2011, 7:29 PM
Today in the Star Pat Devlin said he was ready to walk away from the team because the board or management have not started to sign back players from this years team. We have already lost our most influencial midfielder we ever had and after finishing with a strong squad why loose them all and go backwards instead of moving forward with most of this years squad...

Dunny
20/12/2011, 10:08 AM
from irish times:
Devlin might swap Bray for Dundalk

PAT Devlin’s long association with Bray Wanderers could be ended today with the club’s long-time manager and director of football said to be on the brink of resigning, possibly with a view to taking over at Oriel Park, reports Emmet Malone.

Devlin has left the Carlisle Grounds before, having stints at Shamrock Rovers and in Steve Staunton’s Ireland set-up since first becoming manager with Wanderers over 25 years ago. But infighting among the club’s board members and Wanderers’ failure to set out a budget for next year appear to have frustrated him.

Devlin refused to confirm that he is interested in Dundalk but he didn’t deny it either. “All I can say is that I don’t see myself staying at the club with the structure we have in place at the moment,” he said yesterday.

KK77
20/12/2011, 1:38 PM
He's Mr Bray and with the current climate no better time for him to invest a few sheckles in the club. Mr Bray remember;)

Captain2007
20/12/2011, 2:23 PM
Any truth in the news on players OUT :
Gary Dempsey to Waterford
Jake Kelly to Shamrock Rvrs or Derry
Conor Murphy not signing If Pat Devlin moves who will takeover ?

Martinho II
20/12/2011, 7:31 PM
Any truth in the news on players OUT :
Gary Dempsey to Waterford
Jake Kelly to Shamrock Rvrs or Derry
Conor Murphy not signing If Pat Devlin moves who will takeover ?

Gary Dempsey is confirmed as a signin from the Waterford website..

Albatross
20/12/2011, 7:45 PM
from irish times:
Devlin might swap Bray for Dundalk

But infighting among the club’s board members and Wanderers’ failure to set out a budget for next year appear to have frustrated him.

The board now consists of only 2 directors , check the companies office, everyone else has resigned, so its the Shareholders that are making the decisions now and Devlin is a Shareholder so let him not try to blame someone else.

Macy
21/12/2011, 9:01 AM
Devlin is a Shareholder so let him not try to blame someone else.
Where does that leave him if he's managing another team/ company? Conflict of interest if/ when he comes up against Bray?

bluewhitearmy
21/12/2011, 10:55 AM
Heard a story that ye had put in no financials to licencing....

Hope its not true but could ye be in trouble?

Albatross
21/12/2011, 1:08 PM
Not true, all financials have been with the FAI and on time so whoever is leaking that info is incorrect!

bluewhitearmy
21/12/2011, 6:53 PM
Not true, all financials have been with the FAI and on time so whoever is leaking that info is incorrect!

Thank fcuk for that.

Green&whitearmy
22/12/2011, 8:57 AM
Devo is not going anywhere, he's just p!ssed off with some of the people in the club but its not going to force him to leave.

Albatross
22/12/2011, 2:54 PM
Devo is not going anywhere, he's just p!ssed off with some of the people in the club but its not going to force him to leave.

If he is only ****ed off why did he go running to the press? Airing the "dirty linen" in public like that is certainly not serving the club well.

naoise kennedy
22/12/2011, 5:15 PM

Devo is staying with bray but he needs to get a squad together quickly as the setanta cup match is on Feb 13th...

Roo69
22/12/2011, 5:19 PM
Major toubles on the board being caused by only a few, was told this by people involved but they wouldnt go into specifics.

Major rumours Devo will walk away, Longer has already left the club, 1 players signed back and pretty much all of our best players from last season wont be resigned as we cannot afford them. Very worrying times for Wanderers at the moment.....

Devo and Jack are the only 2 in the club doing anything to keep it alive at present.

naoise kennedy
22/12/2011, 9:04 PM
[QUOTE=Roo69;1561414]
Major rumours Devo will walk away, Longer has already left the club, 1 players signed back and pretty much all of our best players from last season wont be resigned as we cannot afford them. Very worrying times for Wanderers at the moment....

And there i was thinking because Devo has decided to stay that he would sign most if the squad back,, and now you say only 1 player has signed back ,,, great..

Albatross
22/12/2011, 9:28 PM
Major toubles on the board being caused by only a few, was told this by people involved but they wouldnt go into specifics.

Devo and Jack are the only 2 in the club doing anything to keep it alive at present.

AS I pointed out previously the board consists of 2 directors, only directors sit on the board. Only directors have executive powers and they report to the shareholders at the AGM. If there are others involved in running the club, i.e. having executive powers, then they must be acting as "shadow directors" or De-facto directors". From your comment it would appear that there are more than two people involved. One would wonder why these individuals want to keep their names quiet and not be registered in the companies office. Maybe that's why your source would not go into specifics. It certainly begs very many questions.

In relation to your other point, there are several backroom people working very hard to ensure that the club gets its Premier Licence. To give credit to only Jack and Devo is unfair on them, their contribution is just as vital but rarely recognised.

Roo69
24/12/2011, 2:38 PM
AS I pointed out previously the board consists of 2 directors, only directors sit on the board. Only directors have executive powers and they report to the shareholders at the AGM. If there are others involved in running the club, i.e. having executive powers, then they must be acting as "shadow directors" or De-facto directors". From your comment it would appear that there are more than two people involved. One would wonder why these individuals want to keep their names quiet and not be registered in the companies office. Maybe that's why your source would not go into specifics. It certainly begs very many questions.

In relation to your other point, there are several backroom people working very hard to ensure that the club gets its Premier Licence. To give credit to only Jack and Devo is unfair on them, their contribution is just as vital but rarely recognised.

Yeah its all very messay at th momeent, hence why the would not go into specific details, which is understandable. Hopefully it can get sorted out. As far as i know Jack and Devo are pretty much the only ones left in the club and they are keeping the show on the road. Yeah there are a few others doing their bit but what i meant is that it is mainly them.

New Assistant manager is Graham Lawlor

Martinho II
24/12/2011, 6:30 PM
Yeah its all very messay at th momeent, hence why the would not go into specific details, which is understandable. Hopefully it can get sorted out. As far as i know Jack and Devo are pretty much the only ones left in the club and they are keeping the show on the road. Yeah there are a few others doing their bit but what i meant is that it is mainly them.

New Assistant manager is Graham Lawlor

what clubs have lawlor played for? is he an ex bray player?

Captain2007
24/12/2011, 8:23 PM
what clubs have lawlor played for? is he an ex bray player?

Graham would have played for Bohs as a striker before he suffered from injuries throughout his LOI career, last played for Arklow Town in LSL, good guy and has good knowledge of the game..and did play for Bray in the past.