PDA

View Full Version : Galway Game

seagullsnest
21/07/2004, 2:05 PM
Do you reckon we can take all 3 points from Terryland park!

Stevo Da Gull
21/07/2004, 6:44 PM
Do you reckon we can take all 3 points from Terryland park!

Wont be easy, dont like to make positive predictions in case they come back to haunt me but lets just say we are certainly capable of coming away with all 3 points.

gufct
21/07/2004, 9:05 PM
were very lucky the last time they played here remember we have only lost one in 9 and were unlucky away against Harps.Who are Bray Playing as the game is switched to the saturday.

Galway to win by the odd goal Barry Moran is up for it.

galwaygirl
22/07/2004, 9:29 AM
just rememember Bray, we're unbeaten at home since last November ;)
2-1 to us i reckon

Roo69
22/07/2004, 9:55 AM
just rememember Bray, we're unbeaten at home since last November ;)
2-1 to us i reckon

We have conceeded only 9 Goals all season (1 in the last 7), thats the best defence in the whole country ! Only UCD have scored more than once in a game againist us, so if ya do win 2-1 fair play ! and were not to shy on the scoring front either - 33 (2nd best in the country). In our last 15 games we have lost only 1 game, drawn 4 and won the rest, and picked up 34 out of a possible 45 points, not bad at all !

In saying all that, it's gonna be a tough, tight match as they always are between Bray and Galway. If we can get Grogan fit, then i would fancy our chances.

Has the match been changed to Saturday ? or is it still on Friday ?

Terry
22/07/2004, 10:16 AM
We have conceeded only 9 Goals all season (1 in the last 7), thats the best defence in the whole country ! Only UCD have scored more than once in a game againist us, so if ya do win 2-1 fair play ! and were not to shy on the scoring front either - 33 (2nd best in the country). In our last 15 games we have lost only 1 game, drawn 4 and won the rest, and picked up 34 out of a possible 45 points, not bad at all !

Well here comes your bad patch then !! :)

The match has been changed to Saturday to accomidate a friendly that ye are playing on the Friday :rolleyes:

see www.galwayunitedfc.ie

galwaygirl
22/07/2004, 10:21 AM
Who are ye playing in the friendly? And how come it was arranged for a night ye were suppoed to have an league game??? :confused:

Roo69
22/07/2004, 10:37 AM
Who are ye playing in the friendly? And how come it was arranged for a night ye were suppoed to have an league game??? :confused:

Jesus i wish i knew !

Were not down to play a friendly that night and i could not see Devo having his troops play 2 matches in 2 days, especially with the journey down to Galway involved. I would reckon it is to accomadate Bray for some reason ? but im not sure ?

Just off the phone to Bray's General Manager there and he doesnt know where this story has come from ? we have no match fixed for that night.

Terry
22/07/2004, 2:40 PM

There was talk of the match put back a day as it would have clashed with the evening meeting of the races. Why GUFC have said it was bray's idea I don't know, maybe due to the fact that they got a lot of stick before for changing matches with little notice!! :confused: IDIOTS :mad:

galwaygirl
22/07/2004, 2:50 PM
I dont know had the races anything to do with it Terry, sure isnt there racing on saturday as well?? :confused:

why would WE just want to postpone it for 1 day???

Terry
22/07/2004, 3:24 PM
I dont know had the races anything to do with it Terry, sure isnt there racing on saturday as well?? :confused:

why would WE just want to postpone it for 1 day???

The racing on saturday is a day meeting so the racing will be over for the match, whilst friday is evening so they both clash. GUST were saying they were told this might happen a few weeks back

Roo69
22/07/2004, 3:33 PM
The racing on saturday is a day meeting so the racing will be over for the match, whilst friday is evening so they both clash. GUST were saying they were told this might happen a few weeks back

It wont make a big difference anyway, just means more Bray fans might be able to travel down seeing that its a Saturday and they dont need to take time off work or anything.

seagullsnest
23/07/2004, 2:20 PM
any clarification on this matter? :confused:

Roo69
23/07/2004, 2:42 PM
any clarification on this matter? :confused:

The match is on Saturday

galwaygirl
23/07/2004, 2:46 PM
ya, it's definitely changed to saturday.
but for what reason we still dont know :confused:

Roo69
23/07/2004, 3:18 PM
ya, it's definitely changed to saturday.
but for what reason we still dont know :confused:

Sure it's changed now, we wont let it worry our pretty little heads ! :D

Stevo Da Gull
23/07/2004, 10:50 PM
Well here comes your bad patch then !! :)

]
I'll just hope 2nite was a blip and that you have'nt cursed us.