PDA

View Full Version : Does the success of one team in Europe benefit the league as a whole?

Rasputin
06/12/2011, 2:46 PM
.....Shamrock Rovers fans en route to Europa Lge game. Still not convinced about "My Post" suggested short cut :o
There would be a few more straight hand salutes if it were indeed Shams on the road.

askmehoop
06/12/2011, 3:16 PM
I thought personal abuse wasn't allowed on here?

Rovers got one result and you'd swear they were revolutionary to Irish soccer. Get over yourselves. Every bog has its day. You had yours. And that's all it was - a day.

aww, did the bold man hurt your feelings?

Your right we did get one result, a result that most top teams in europe would be more the happy with. And BTW , we've had plenty of great days over the past 3 years, something Shels have not. Try to see past your obvious bitterness and give credit were its due. My hatred of other clubs generally lasts for about 90+ minutes a week, you my friend seem to carry it around with you everyday.Sad.

askmehoop
06/12/2011, 3:18 PM
There would be a few more straight hand salutes if it were indeed Shams on the road.

any straight hand salute would probably we us waving goodbye to sligo fans as we progress in europe and the Brazil of Ireland scratch their collective potatoe heads and wonder were it all went wrong

Rasputin
06/12/2011, 8:22 PM
any straight hand salute would probably we us waving goodbye to sligo fans as we progress in europe and the Brazil of Ireland scratch their collective potatoe heads and wonder were it all went wrong
Got me there Grand Wizard.

askmehoop
07/12/2011, 6:59 AM
Got me there Grand Wizard.

wow. have you sunk so low that you'll accuse a complete stranger of being a racist. i know sligo folk are slow witted, but didnt think you were that bad

Dodge
07/12/2011, 7:17 AM
wow. have you sunk so low that you'll accuse a complete stranger of being a racist. i know sligo folk are slow witted, but didnt think you were that bad
way to claim the moral highground there askmehoop

askmehoop
07/12/2011, 7:24 AM
way to claim the moral highground there askmehoop

how am i claiming the moral high ground? just responding to someone calling me a racist.

Mr A
07/12/2011, 8:36 AM
how am i claiming the moral high ground? just responding to someone calling me a racist.

By labelling the entire population of an area slow witted.

They'll be really offended once they eventually work it out.

L.T.F.C.
07/12/2011, 8:44 AM
On paper, yes, any top side should expect to beat Partizan. But going to an extremely hostile environment to play a football match is not easy, and belgrade is hostile
Jesus, this is funny!

askmehoop
07/12/2011, 9:22 AM
Jesus, this is funny!

Glad i made you laugh. In fairness to you, i wouldnt expect a Longford fan to understand as youve never experienced it before and probably never will, shame really as from my experience its great :)

askmehoop
07/12/2011, 9:27 AM
By labelling the entire population of an area slow witted.

My bad, i took the bait from his predictable post. Let me retract my statement, the whole population of sligo are not slow witted, just a few posters on here

Rasputin
08/12/2011, 9:52 AM
Haha your an absolute laugh askmehoop, now my second favourite poster after mypost.
Feels like I should be paying for this entertainment.

marinobohs
08/12/2011, 11:21 AM
On paper, yes, any top side should expect to beat Partizan. But going to an extremely hostile environment to play a football match is not easy, and belgrade is hostile. its really on that basis that i made the statement. as for the armani fella, his opinions dont really count as he generally see's things in black and white

.... but we are all getting used to Tallaght :p at least in Belgrade the trains dont get attacked by stone throwing morons.

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 11:49 AM
.... but we are all getting used to Tallaght :p at least in Belgrade the trains dont get attacked by stone throwing morons.

dont get too used to it mb, you may not have a club to support in the near future. mayb you can buy a tent and have Johnny Logan sing you a few songs to you for your friday night entertainment

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 11:52 AM
Haha your an absolute laugh askmehoop, now my second favourite poster after mypost.
Feels like I should be paying for this entertainment.

Christ, is your life that dull and boring that my posts entertain you that you feel you should be paying. i know sligos bad but come on

Rasputin
08/12/2011, 12:48 PM
Christ, is your life that dull and boring that my posts entertain you that you feel you should be paying. i know sligos bad but come on
Jesus dont cry about it mein fuhrer.

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 12:53 PM
Jesus dont cry about it mein fuhrer.

ah come on, you can do better then that. i tell you what, log off for a few days and think of a really witty post to reply with. ill keep an eye out for it. theres good man

marinobohs
08/12/2011, 1:03 PM
dont get too used to it mb, you may not have a club to support in the near future. mayb you can buy a tent and have Johnny Logan sing you a few songs to you for your friday night entertainment

Yep, standing outside LOI grounds with plastic buckets collecting coins is a far classier method of fund raising than having concerts - ask shams that have not just jumped on the bandwagon about it I'm sure they will recall.

Besides shouldn't that be rent a tent ? Sorry thinking of another club :)

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 1:25 PM
Yep, standing outside LOI grounds with plastic buckets collecting coins is a far classier method of fund raising than having concerts - ask shams that have not just jumped on the bandwagon about it I'm sure they will recall.

Besides shouldn't that be rent a tent ? Sorry thinking of another club :)

concerts in concert venues are fine, but ive seen the Logan in-a tent 'concert' anything is classier then that :D

marinobohs
08/12/2011, 2:02 PM
concerts in concert venues are fine, but ive seen the Logan in-a tent 'concert' anything is classier then that :D

Obviously never heard of the Marquee events in Cork each summer ? Marlay Park ? long history of top (and some not so top:)) class music in a tent in Ireland and much without a tent (its called open air)
besides, last years concert was in the Olympia and this years was in Vicar Street :rolleyes: Excellent method of fundraising and tremendous work by those involved.

Fund raising (of various means) is a familar event for most/all LOI fans and anyone assosiated with a club here, although I would not expect the glory, glory band wagon brigade to be too familiar with that

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 2:45 PM
Obviously never heard of the Marquee events in Cork each summer ? Marlay Park ? long history of top (and some not so top:)) class music in a tent in Ireland and much without a tent (its called open air)
besides, last years concert was in the Olympia and this years was in Vicar Street :rolleyes: Excellent method of fundraising and tremendous work by those involved.

Fund raising (of various means) is a familar event for most/all LOI fans and anyone assosiated with a club here, although I would not expect the glory, glory band wagon brigade to be too familiar with that

Id be the first to compliment Bohs fans on the work they do to raise money for the club, kind of reminds me of the scene in the film Titanic when the band kept playing as the ship went down, very admirable. BTW you cant be serious when you compare that Logan abomination to Marlay Park etc :D

marinobohs
08/12/2011, 3:35 PM
Id be the first to compliment Bohs fans on the work they do to raise money for the club, kind of reminds me of the scene in the film Titanic when the band kept playing as the ship went down, very admirable. BTW you cant be serious when you compare that Logan abomination to Marlay Park etc :D

You do reaslise that but for real shamrock rovers fans raising money "as the ship went down" in 2005 that you would not have a bandwagon to latch onto ? :rolleyes:

As regards musical tastes, J Log not to mine but he has given up his time to help Bohs (and promoted us often on TV) so respect to him for that, Unlike many wannabee "celebs" that latch on to clubs without even doing anything to benifit them. Better Johnny logan promoting the League (via Bohs) than nobody (although if you check out the last two Bohs gigs there was a wide range of artists giving their time and talent).

Lots of reasons to slag off LOI folk but fundraising is not one of them

askmehoop
08/12/2011, 3:48 PM
You do reaslise that but for real shamrock rovers fans raising money "as the ship went down" in 2005 that you would not have a bandwagon to latch onto ? :rolleyes:

As regards musical tastes, J Log not to mine but he has given up his time to help Bohs (and promoted us often on TV) so respect to him for that, Unlike many wannabee "celebs" that latch on to clubs without even doing anything to benifit them. Better Johnny logan promoting the League (via Bohs) than nobody (although if you check out the last two Bohs gigs there was a wide range of artists giving their time and talent).

Lots of reasons to slag off LOI folk but fundraising is not one of them

ive been going to Rovers for a long, long time mate. good and bad, mainly bad tbf. And like i said i admire bohs fans for the effort they have put in, nothing wrong with fundraising, my initial post was just a fun dig at the Johnny Logan 'concert'. Keep up the good work on the fundraising, your an example to us all.

and btw i welcome the 'bandwagon' supporters as you call them, im sure you would yourself, maybe they could help dig Bohs out of the very large hole the members dug for themselves.