PDA

View Full Version : Most under-rated player

Roo69
21/07/2004, 11:12 AM
in both the premier and 1st divisions ?

Who would get your vote ?

It's gotta be Gary O'Neil in the premier and Robbie McGuinness in the 1st for me.

joeSoap
21/07/2004, 11:21 AM
Colin T O'Brien on the premier and Paul Finnucane in the 1st.

LFC in Exile
21/07/2004, 12:11 PM
Agree that Paul Finucane is the most under-rated in the First, although not by Limerick fans. Also maybe Steven Yelverton at Cobh. And in the premier, from the limited amount I've seen I'd say Danny Murphy (Cork) or Steve Williams (Shels)

Most over rated - in the Premier Dan Murray and in the First it's either Eamonn Zayed or Stephen Fox (can't decide but it isn't an anti-Bray thing)

max power
21/07/2004, 12:15 PM
there was a guy playing left back for harps last night, what a talent. i think his da missed a peno for scumlone against ac milan......

in the premier, sorry but its one of own own, sean prunty. left mid, left back either and always puts in a great perfromance, but o'neal from dc as well, when and i do say when they go down he was have to go to one of the big clubs.

gael353
21/07/2004, 3:14 PM
Is that minnock? his dad managed limerick during the player strike and loaded the team with IRA Men. Great guy but i think Jon Minnock has seen better days. The left full for Athlone is a handy player. But as admiration goes yea Paul Finnucane in the first.

Mr_T
21/07/2004, 4:16 PM
That was Jonathan Minnock all right. Son of the legendary Jon Minnock of Harps and Athlone fame.

Minno spent a season with Shels in the Premier, I think the year they swiped the league off Pats in the farcical Marney affair.

Is currently playing some of the best football of his career at Harps where he is one of our longest serving players having started nearly 300 games for the club.

TG

max power
21/07/2004, 4:28 PM
can we have him please

tippman
21/07/2004, 4:31 PM
Barry Wood formley of Kilkenny City would have got my vote but he recentley emigrated to Australia

Dodge
21/07/2004, 6:18 PM
That was Jonathan Minnock all right. Son of the legendary Jon Minnock of Harps and Athlone fame.

And of Pats fame. The shed in Richmond is officially called the John Minnock Stand as money from his transfer to Charlton paid fot it

BobtheDrog
21/07/2004, 8:49 PM
Danny o'connor
steven grey
barry molloy
three key drogs players but very underrated

Roo69
22/07/2004, 9:02 AM
Agree that Paul Finucane is the most under-rated in the First, although not by Limerick fans. Also maybe Steven Yelverton at Cobh. And in the premier, from the limited amount I've seen I'd say Danny Murphy (Cork) or Steve Williams (Shels)

Most over rated - in the Premier Dan Murray and in the First it's either Eamonn Zayed or Stephen Fox (can't decide but it isn't an anti-Bray thing)

Lim's fans go on a lot about Finucane so i take it hes quality player, i just havent seen enough of him to say.

Zayed is defo over rated, very very lazy ! but Foxy ? are u serious ? Foxy is class ! One of Bray's players of the season. He's actually one of the best players in the Division.

Would defo agree about Danny O'Connor as well, class act ! Cant believe we let him go for nothing a few years back ! :(

Slash/ED
22/07/2004, 11:29 AM
Steve Williams (Shels)

I think most EL fans rate him as the best keeper in the league but one person who he is very under rated by is Mark Hughes. Imo he's better than some of the rubbish Wales have in their squad for goalkeepers.

Roo69
22/07/2004, 11:37 AM
I think most EL fans rate him as the best keeper in the league but one person who he is very under rated by is Mark Hughes. Imo he's better than some of the rubbish Wales have in their squad for goalkeepers.

Yeah, defo the best keeper in the league, BUT in reference to the Wales thing, he is well behind the likes of Mark Crossley, Paul Jones and Darren Ward and the Cardiff City keeper, Margetson i think. All who play at a much hight level than the eL.

Slash/ED
22/07/2004, 11:39 AM
Crossley plays reserve team football for Fulham doesn't he? And he's getting on a bit at this stage.

Roo69
22/07/2004, 12:10 PM
Crossley plays reserve team football for Fulham doesn't he? And he's getting on a bit at this stage.

Yeah i think he does, but with all goalkeepers, the most important thing is experience ! and Crossley has buckets of it ! over 400 apperances at the top level of english footie says it all really. But you are right he is getting on a bit now, 35, only a season or 2 a max left in him

SÓC
22/07/2004, 8:28 PM
In the Premier I'd say Terry Palmer, best centre back in Ireland.

First division the Limerick centre half with the big bushy hair. Is that Finnucane

LFC in Exile
23/07/2004, 8:26 AM
First division the Limerick centre half with the big bushy hair. Is that Finnucane

Yes it is - I think he is trying to turn himself into Donnacha O'Callaghan or something. :)

Pablo
27/07/2004, 2:27 PM
Colin o'Brien. ureal since Dolan put him in the middle. he's City's heart and soul at the moment. truly amazing

Éanna
27/07/2004, 7:06 PM
Terry palmer is probably the best centre-half in the league and gets no attention at all. Colin T as well.

First Division, I'd say Paul Finucane definitely is. He's an excellent player.