PDA

View Full Version : Nantes 2nd goal

thecorner
21/07/2004, 9:35 AM
to be honest the second goal all happened so quickly over in nantes but got to look at it properly.

very dissappointed with it from a defensive point of view.

camera not the best

is that benno or murray that could do with a a slap of a stocking of $hit :eek:

NorthoftheLee
21/07/2004, 10:14 AM
it was a poor goal to concede..there was enough room between the 2 central defenders to fit an airplane through...I also thought the marking for the 3rd goal should have been better..

razor
21/07/2004, 10:48 AM
it was a poor goal to concede..there was enough room between the 2 central defenders to fit an airplane through...I also thought the marking for the 3rd goal should have been better..

Then there was that sitter of a header yer man missed, you'd have got the same aeroplane through that hole.
Alan Hansen would have had a field day.

pete
21/07/2004, 11:16 AM
Yeah 2nd goal very disappointing.

Very disappointed with Lordan as he seemed to AWOL inside a lot in the 2nd half with Colin or Doyler covering the wing.

3rd goal was a result of pressure & maybe tiredness from defending...

rolo
21/07/2004, 11:27 AM
second goal was very very poor. i think it was dan cos i saw an armband... but he was picking up nobody like... just running, and yer man sailing away behind him.
but anyway

i thought the wingplay from nantes on the third was elementary. it was plain as day to see what they were going to do. didnt think CT's positioning or decision making were up to scratch at all. invited them to just play piggy-in-the-middle around him. why there was no cover then though was just stupid. 2 right side players nowhere to be seen.

we've done well to erradicate these faults from early season to sustain this european run, but i think we just got too overawed by the surroundings and opposition and let them dictate too much.

we need to believe in ourselves more. that is all that was missing.

we still have a very good chance in my opinion.
keep concentration in defence which is a quality back line, and our forwards know what to do and ,more importantly, have the sheer quality to do that.

big performances needed, but our team is well able to pull it back.