PDA

View Full Version : The speculation continues - Return of a legend?

outspoken
05/12/2011, 4:43 PM
Just finished reading todays sun newspaper and among some very very tasty transfer speculation was the return of Longford Town legend Alan Kirby! Apparently he met with TC last week and is considering returning.........Personally I dont think it will be this season I think hel hang on with Sligo and wind up with us next year because with Ryan gone he should get more game time at Sligo and I'm sure hes on a decent wage while the commute is far from killer but if it does happen it would be a dream come true......heres hoping.

Longfordian
05/12/2011, 5:39 PM
Interesting. Sligo are looking at strengthening their squad so they might bring in younger players instead of Kirby. He'd be a great addition for us so we'll have to wait and see.

Martinho II
05/12/2011, 5:50 PM
I can see it happening to be honest as I know Sligo are linked with Stephen Bradley... It would be fantastic if TC could pull it off!

outspoken
06/12/2011, 5:42 PM
May as well talk about some of the other names ive heard.......karl bermingham been one of them.....thoughts anyone?

Longfordian
06/12/2011, 6:36 PM
He was decent for Monaghan a couple of years ago. He's been a bit patchy apart from that. We do need another experienced striker and he has ability so he mightn't be a bad option dependent on the cost.

Martinho II
06/12/2011, 6:52 PM
Karl Bermingham was top scorer for Monaghan two yrs ago in 2009 season.. He has done a few clubs on his rounds Derry,Waterford and in the north as well. I would take him in a flash if he comes!

Macy
07/12/2011, 8:21 AM
while the commute is far from killer
Where are we training these days?

Longfordian
07/12/2011, 11:07 AM
I think it was Newbridge or somewhere like that last year. I'm not 100% sure.

Tallanted
07/12/2011, 11:30 AM
Ammenities Centre in Leixlip last season

outspoken
07/12/2011, 3:53 PM
No I was saying the commute from Longford to Sligo isn't too bad for him. One of the reasons he may stay.

Longfordian
07/12/2011, 4:07 PM
I'd say he'll stay if they make him an offer but they may have other players they want to spend their money on. They're aiming for challenging for the league and are being linked with a lot of midfielders. Longford-Leixlip would probably be a shorter drive than Longford-Sligo anyway so the commute isn't likely to come into it too much either way.