PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Cup Changes

eoinh
20/07/2004, 9:48 AM
Uefa made small but subtle changes to the UEFA Cup this season and they will be propably be keeping it for further seasons.
To help smaller clubs and excessive travel they have divided all the preliminary rounds into distinct geographical groups.
Ireland has been placed in the Northern Section. This means for instance that Bohs or Longford could not meet a team from say armenai in the preliminary round of the UEfA Cup.

If Bohs and Longford get through the present round of the UEfa cup the only teams they could meet are:-

Brondby IF Denamrk
Stabaek IF Norway
Dunfermline Sco
SK Bevern BEl
Odd Grenland Nor
Bodo/Glimt Nor
AaB Aalborg Den
If Elfsborg Swe
Hammarby IF Swe
Osters IF Swe

One of the results of the changes is that Irish clubs have a much easier route to the first round proper of the UEFA for the future, as the nortern section IS the easiest.

Good news for Irish clubs this season and for the seasons to come.

Its over to you now Bohs & Longford. My prediction Bohs to progress, Longford not to.
Good luck to both though.

Roo69
20/07/2004, 10:10 AM
Its over to you now Bohs & Longford. My prediction Bohs to progress, Longford not to.
Good luck to both though.

Well going by the highlights of the Bohs match last night on eL Weekley they should easily win in Dalyer ! if they dont they should be ashamed of themselves ! Longford have it tough though, especially seeing as they cant score goals at the moment.

d13bohs
24/07/2004, 4:05 PM
If Bohs and Longford get through the present round of the UEfa cup the only teams they could meet are:-

Brondby IF Denamrk
Stabaek IF Norway
Dunfermline Sco
SK Bevern BEl
Odd Grenland Nor
Bodo/Glimt Nor
AaB Aalborg Den
If Elfsborg Swe
Hammarby IF Swe
Osters IF Swe

If we win on Tuesday and TNS of Wales beat Osters (unlikely as Osters are 2-0 up) then we would replace Osters as a seeded team. Having seen Levadia Tallinn first hand we should beat them easily at Dalymount (unless we get confused and think we are playing against Home Farm City :( ). Personally I would love to get through to play Dunfermline, can't afford another long distance trip and I'd be able to give Noel Hunt and Richie Byrne some stick :)

max power
25/07/2004, 1:49 AM
under dogs, i like that title for us., its worked so far ;)

A face
25/07/2004, 11:38 PM
The only team that i have seen recently in that lot are Brondby and Bohs and Longford would definitely give them a run for it. If Longford scored a bit more it would be good (Shane Barrett??) but every where else they'd have no worries. .