PDA

View Full Version : best points of nantes

thecorner
20/07/2004, 1:30 AM
does anybody actually know the name of the french local bar that we took over???? they will never see the likes of it again

twirl around for the cork city,scratch your ass for the cork city.....class

wont be doing it after a skinful in the horseshoe :D

sitting down round the streets and bars of nantes

waynes renditon of the city version of the ****** song

spending 7 hours trying to get from paris to nantes :eek:

and returning to go straight to work :mad:

fenns goal

last but not least

eric not getting played...fair play :D :D

James
20/07/2004, 8:47 AM
yeah definate highlights as mentioned

what about the singing in the tram on the way to the match .. sit down for the cork city was ok.. but the jump around bit.. i thought the tram would de-rail itself with all the jumping

Waynes version of the ****** song for cork city was great
..beating england 2-0 in the world cup final...city beating colombia in the super cup and then his kids/grand kids playing for ramblers in the end haha

eurovision medely was special too.. how the lads didnt fall from the couch/bench they were standing on after all that beer i'll never know :)

sit down / stand up / twirl around / jump up / scratch your arse / have a **** .. all for the cork city.. deadly :)

pete's driving .. what a legend.. 3 times we tried to leave charleroi.. 1st time did a loop around to head back for waynes scarf he left on top of the car.. 2nd time we heading about 30/40mins out to germany haha (wrong direction) ..eventually got it right ..

the lads getting soaked in the fountain after the match

journey home in the car trying to get all the trucks to honk their horns

and the v v v priceless video diary i have on me camcorder

and fair play to all 508 fans .. great great noise colour and support for the rebel army..

Peadar
20/07/2004, 9:02 AM
pete's driving .. what a legend.. 3 times we tried to leave charleroi.. 1st time did a loop around to head back for waynes scarf he left on top of the car.. 2nd time we heading about 30/40mins out to germany haha (wrong direction) ..eventually got it right ..

Don't tell me he forgot his glasses again?
Or maybe the co-pilot just wasn't up to the job this time :D

pete
20/07/2004, 11:32 AM
Don't tell me he forgot his glasses again?
Or maybe the co-pilot just wasn't up to the job this time :D

Brought my glasses this time. Did you bring passport? ;)

Niamh did you proud as co-pilot oncer she had proper map. Who would have thought a girl would have sense of direction ;) Got to see some nice unscheduled parts of the Belgian countryside too.

journey home in the car trying to get all the trucks to honk their horns

1 out of 50 isn't so bad odds. I can only imagine what those truckers thought Wayne was trying to get to do :eek:

Peadar
20/07/2004, 11:50 AM
Who would have thought a girl would have sense of direction ;)

Niamh also understands football so she's already noted for being an exceptional woman :D

I told you that they didn't even want to see my passport.
The guy just pushed it back across the counter to me without even looking at it. It could have been the passport of Charles de Gaulle for all he knew or cared :D

The guy in Paris Gare du Nord selling me the train ticket was going on about City like he watched them every week.
"Oh, that is a Cork City shirt. Good luck with the game. I think your chance is good."
Shows how much he knows about football :rolleyes:
:D

thecorner
20/07/2004, 11:54 AM
how could i forget signing to joe(barman in mcbyrnes)
"whats it like to have a queen"

and that feeble attempt of people jumping into the fountain

Colm
20/07/2004, 12:10 PM
-Corner, what about us looking for a taxi at 4.30 in the morning?! We were going in to hotels asking the fellas at reception to ring taxis for us but they wouldn't, eventually some bloke agreed to ring but only if he could use my phone!

-In Cork you'd be known as a Lasher! :)

-The barmen in John McByrne's saying they'd be closed down for a week if we didn't stop singing. We didn't stop singing! :D

-Up on the couch singing Eurovison!

-Stand up/sit down/scratch your arse etc etc for the Cork City in the bars, in the streets, in the stadium, on the tram.

-Singing 'where's your Dolan' gone at a Pats fan in the team hotel.

-Eristoff ice

-Hanging out the upstairs window of Cyber kebab!

-The cowboy builder and Basque Man! :D

-St. George's church on the way to the stadium! :)

-My hat!!

-And best of all the entire Rebel Army going wild on the streets outisde McByrnes on the afternoon of the match. A sight to behold.

-And loads more stuff that I can't think of right now.....

thecorner
20/07/2004, 12:12 PM
-Corner, what about us looking for a taxi at 4.30 in the morning?! We were going in to hotels asking the fellas at reception to ring taxis for us but they wouldn't, eventually some bloke agreed to ring but only if he could use my phone!

NEARLY ENDED UP WALKING THE TRAM LINE :D

thecorner
20/07/2004, 1:09 PM
can u imagine if we had got through the lee cabs saying we were regulars and can they pick us up in nantes please :D :D

Colm
20/07/2004, 1:12 PM
can u imagine if we had got through the lee cabs saying we were regulars and can they pick us up in nantes please :D :D

:D :D :D
Two cabs to the fountain or the station in Nantes please, quick as you can!!

James
20/07/2004, 1:16 PM
jeasus yeah
imagine if they had answered my call..

lee cabs : where are ya going to ..
me: oh the ibis hotel..
Lee cabs: grand and where are ya...
me: down by the train station
Lee cabs : no problem.. i can have someone there in 10mins.

me: the train station in Nantes :)

priceless, after the normal number weas engaged someone then tried to give me the private number..saying they'd be more likely to send a cab if they thought we were regulars

:D

niamh
20/07/2004, 1:58 PM

We'd still be in Paris trying to wake you up if you were in the passenger seat!

My fav was the 90 minutes of support that 508 City fans gave their team, out singing 10,000 French fans. And reading about la Rebel Army and their "fantastic supporters" in the local paper the next day.

Peadar
20/07/2004, 2:02 PM
My fav was the 90 minutes of support that 508 City fans gave their team, out singing 10,000 French fans.

The support was good alright but I don't know if it was the heat or what but we were far better at NEC. I doubt we stopped singing for more than 5 seconds throughout the entire evening.
That was from about half an hour before the game until the players did their warm down.
You're right though, we did outsing the Frenchies.

Cowboy Builder
20/07/2004, 2:25 PM
The French didn't take it too serious but when they did sing they were impressive with their megaphone man up on a step ladder kinda thing organising the whole lot.

The heat did take it's toll on the Rebel Army though because there were patches during the match when there was no singing and I can only put it down to the fact that everyone was drained

Vasco de Gama
20/07/2004, 3:54 PM
Getting to Nantes safely, with no diversions bar one driver error.

Getting back to the airport in Beauvais safely, with no diversions what so ever.

Cowboy Builder
20/07/2004, 8:32 PM
Can anyone get the CCTV for the song... :D

I cant fecken remember anywords....

All I know is The Peoples Republic of Cork won the world cup 2-0.

City won the super cup against some Columbian team after beating Arsenal in the Champions League final...

And All my grandkids play for Ramblers!!! :mad:

Any chance you'd be able to forget the words to all those Eurovision songs????? ;)