PDA

View Full Version : Cork City to launch official website.

yiddo
19/07/2004, 6:13 PM
Cork City will launch an official club website www.corkcityfc.ie at midnight tonight. The official club site will be managed for the club by the crew of the highly popular www.corkcityfootie.com which is closing down shortly.
The full text of the press release ibcluding Brian Lennox's comments can be found on www.corkcityfootie.com

Gary
19/07/2004, 6:17 PM
Fair play to the lads, and about time City had an official website.

Citynet must be fuming.

Neil
19/07/2004, 6:24 PM
Great news. Fair play to the corkcityfootie.com lads - they've put in a huge effort the last few months.

eoinh
19/07/2004, 6:56 PM
i thought citynet was made the official site a few months ago ? :confused:

Im surprised as i thought citynet was the best irish club site on the web

tiktok
19/07/2004, 7:33 PM
Well done XR and the boys, they put in a load of work over the last five months and deserve this recognition.

Citynet is excellent, to be honest the CorkCityFootie boys had an advantage over them recently in that they could post rumours where John was waiting for the official line, with XR and the boys taking over the official duties Citynet can take up that mantle now. They'll be as strong as ever.

With the effort that the corkcityfootie boys put in and the standards that John has maintained at Citynet, there's little doubt in my mind that we'll have the Number One and Two Club websites in the country now.

adamcarr
19/07/2004, 8:17 PM
Fair play to the lads. Im suprised as I thought Citynet was the official website but theeffort the lads put in was unbelievable. Also in the newsite with the video highlights there is proof of Grants goal at the X was handled into the net! ;) :mad:

GavinZac
19/07/2004, 8:32 PM
Fair play to the lads. Im suprised as I thought Citynet was the official website but theeffort the lads put in was unbelievable. Also in the newsite with the video highlights there is proof of Grants goal at the X was handled into the net! ;) :mad:

yeah its strange too but i suppose with corkcityfoot.ie doing well and offering there services for free it was a good decision for the club

exile
19/07/2004, 8:47 PM
nobody saw that coming im delighted for the lads they are doing a top job over there will we have to reregister for it

GavinZac
19/07/2004, 8:50 PM
nobody saw that coming im delighted for the lads they are doing a top job over there will we have to reregister for it

well it says 'new forum', but he may have copied and pasted the database

hope no-one forgets www.eirways.com, even if john has been shafted a bit there! :)

tiktok
19/07/2004, 8:54 PM
well it says 'new forum', but he may have copied and pasted the database

hope no-one forgets www.eirways.com, even if john has been shafted a bit there! :)

you have to re-register FYI

no-one's going to forget Citynet, it's got a loyal following at this stage, JOhn was doing this long before most clubs has cottoned on to official websites and it's still better than most as well. :)

exile
19/07/2004, 8:54 PM
john has always done a brilliant job and just cause city are goinig official nobody should forget john has always been there and will continue to do so

razor
20/07/2004, 7:07 AM
Cork City will launch an official club website www.corkcityfc.ie at midnight tonight. The official club site will be managed for the club by the crew of the highly popular www.corkcityfootie.com which is closing down shortly.
The full text of the press release ibcluding Brian Lennox's comments can be found on www.corkcityfootie.com

corkcityfc.ie doesn't work.
Neither does corkcityfootie for that matter.
Suppose a few teething problems.

tiktok
20/07/2004, 7:25 AM
it was up and running last night anyway, there's bound to be a glitch or too starting off.
I guess corkcityfootie is gone as of now that the boys wil be concentrating on the new site

pete
20/07/2004, 11:24 AM
Cork City will launch an official club website www.corkcityfc.ie at midnight tonight.

Good stuff! Been very impressed by CorkCityFootie.com but great to have "proper" domain addy now. Keep up the good work!