PDA

View Full Version : Stacey said...

an 'rock'
23/11/2001, 3:33 PM
Stacey was talking to paddy nolan and said that abuse longford fans gave at dundalk match was apauling!

he said it makes the ref give 50-50 decisions against the side!

and he's reffing bray game at the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. we start slagging only after some dodgy decisions (before the players are the target!)

2. if ref's will compromise their judgement because of us they shouldn't be reffing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pete
23/11/2001, 3:47 PM
he said it makes the ref give 50-50 decisions against the side

I always kinda thought the same thing as calling the referee a flithy b****** isn't exavctely gonna make him give your club the 50:50 decisions is it?

Jim Smith
23/11/2001, 4:23 PM
On occasion I work with John Underhill who refs SPL and SDV1 matches. I once asked him about abuse from fans and he reconed that you can't actually hear much of the detail unless the crowd is very small. I think bad blood between the palyers and officials here is more of a problem. Kelvin is always good for a booking if Desperate Dick is about.

Éanna
23/11/2001, 8:14 PM
Originally posted by Jim Smith
Kelvin is always good for a booking if Desperate Dick is about.
Spot on. Players don't react to the crowd (with the odd exception) and neither should refs.

Jim Smith
23/11/2001, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

Spot on. Players don't react to the crowd (with the odd exception) and neither should refs.

I'm not sure that Refs do react to the crowd - its just general incompetence that makes it look that way. Maybe they are deaf as well as blind :D