PDA

View Full Version : General Fundraiser Thread?

Mr A
21/11/2011, 11:09 AM
I think it would sense to have a general thread on which people from any club can post details and comments about fundraisers or events their club is running... kinda like the general stadium update thread.

Apart from the fact that fans around the league often help other clubs in trouble, it's always good to get a look at what other clubs are doing and hear how different ventures work out for them.

dahamsta
21/11/2011, 11:36 AM
I think that would get very confused very quickly, and appeals will get lost in the mess. People are welcome to post fund-raising threads in the main forum, they just need to ask permission first so I can keep it to a manageable level. If people don't ask, their threads are going to get dumped. I guess there should probably be a sticky about it, but the main forum is dense enough as it is already. IMHO it's common sense to ask.

Mr A
21/11/2011, 11:51 AM
I wasn't thinking of a replacement for the type of thread you mention, was thinking more about a sort of reference thread that tries to establish what the clubs currently do, how important the different schemes are to them and then update it as they do new things. Appeals and the like would stay separate.

I see what you mean though- it could get very cluttered quite quickly and wander off on tangents etc.

dahamsta
21/11/2011, 4:32 PM
It would be a good idea if someone was managing an index of content on the main forum, but that's never really happened. TBH I've always favoured the single-sticky approach in forums, as an index of other important threads, but it's never taken off.