PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Doyle to cork:A prank that got out of hand

Bosco
18/07/2004, 8:20 PM
I had an interesting conversation with someone from UCD yesterday.
I had heard about the rumour of Doyle to cork but never took much notice.
The person was telling me how a group of people in UCD had got hold of robbie doyles number around easter and began to call him up.They knew he was unsettled and so would pretend to be Pat Dolan.They started to talk to him about a possible move to cork,which he was enthusiastic about.They would ring him every week and after a few weeks he got suspicious and found out it was a prank but played along anyway.The person told me about how they would say"Now Robbie,we know about how much you care about your looks and we may not have Peter Mark down here but we have many other good hairdressers and stylists"Usually he would just **** himself laughing.
"They also promised that they would introduce him to some cork girls such as Some one from Eurostar,i dont know who.
Apparently they still ring him and he still plays along.They rang him about being left home from estonia last week and asked was it because he was a bad traveller.
After I heard this story I went on here to read the threads about Doyle and noticed that it all adds up.

Roo69
19/07/2004, 9:18 AM
I had an interesting conversation with someone from UCD yesterday.
I had heard about the rumour of Doyle to cork but never took much notice.
The person was telling me how a group of people in UCD had got hold of robbie doyles number around easter and began to call him up.They knew he was unsettled and so would pretend to be Pat Dolan.They started to talk to him about a possible move to cork,which he was enthusiastic about.They would ring him every week and after a few weeks he got suspicious and found out it was a prank but played along anyway.The person told me about how they would say"Now Robbie,we know about how much you care about your looks and we may not have Peter Mark down here but we have many other good hairdressers and stylists"Usually he would just **** himself laughing.
"They also promised that they would introduce him to some cork girls such as Some one from Eurostar,i dont know who.
Apparently they still ring him and he still plays along.They rang him about being left home from estonia last week and asked was it because he was a bad traveller.
After I heard this story I went on here to read the threads about Doyle and noticed that it all adds up.

:D

They were the funniest calls in the world EVER ! The lads had Dolans voice spot on ! there was about 20 of us out one night and they phonbed went, "Pat Dolan" on the other end, we just p*ssed ourselves laughing ! Actually never hear anything so funny ! great prank lads ! gives us great entertainment !