PDA

View Full Version : Woooo Hooo Shels lose at last

Storysham
18/07/2004, 7:36 PM
EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
Shelbourne 0-2 Drogheda Utd 7.00
J Byrne S/O 45 Lester 31
Cronin 65

Well, 10 mins to go, they arent poxy enough to get 2......

or are they, well done drogs. Wish i had taken them at 4-1 now.

patsh
19/07/2004, 9:45 AM
From the I.T.:

Shelbourne may also face further censure from the league as their secretary, Ollie Byrne, had to be restrained by his backroom staff from giving his view of the (sending of) incident to the officials as they left the field for the interval.

Lets just see if the jailbird faces any sort of punishment over this.
Can you imagine Lennox carrying on this way?
Or Dolan? who would be hammered by the league for it...

tiktok
19/07/2004, 9:49 AM
Lets just see if the jailbird faces any sort of punishment over this.

you'll be waiting patsh :mad:

sure we're still waiting on action from the water balloon incident, even though Bohs got slapped with a fine for a similar incident last week. Oily will worm his way out of it.

Ruairi
19/07/2004, 10:43 AM
Watch him also somehow manage to get Byrne to play against Bohs even though he should be suspended.

no doubt :rolleyes:

Neish
19/07/2004, 1:42 PM
Well hopefully they lose the game there playing on Saturday 24th july too :D

Slash/ED
19/07/2004, 1:58 PM
Can you imagine Lennox carrying on this way?
Or Dolan? who would be hammered by the league for it...

:D :D :D

This is the same Dolan who attacked Fenlon after a match in Cork? No, you're right, I could never imagine him carrying on like that :rolleyes:

The Sheliban
19/07/2004, 8:27 PM
To be fair, concentrating on the two Byrnes [Ollie - handbag stuff] and Jason [whingeing eejit] is only taking away from a great performance by the Drogs, who urinated all over us, and should not be underestimated by anyone.
Our current slump in form is worrying, particularly with Reykjavik coming up on Wednesday. And all the excuses in the world - like how Shels were forced to play a match, when Cork, Bohs and Longford all had theirs postponed - don't take away from the fact that we've completely lost the plot.

patsh
21/07/2004, 10:44 AM
From 11aside

Doolin upset by Tolka barracking

July 20, 2004

Drogheda United manager Paul Doolin has admitted he was stunned by severity of the verbal abuse sent in his direction from the Shelbourne fans on Sunday night.

Doolin – who played for Shels during a long career at the top of the Irish game – led his Drogheda side to Tolka Park for a crucial Premier Division match on Monday night.

The Drogs upset the league leaders to move into second place in the Premier – but some home supporters were angry that Doolin’s side had blocked Shels’ attempts to have the game postponed following their Champions League qualifying round tie in Iceland last Wednesday.

“Some of the things said to me coming off the pitch were not acceptable,” he said.

The key to the dispute appears to be the timing of Shels’ request for the game’s postponement. When the Champions League games were initially fixed last month, Shels’ game with Drogheda was put back 48 hours from Friday night last to Sunday night.

However, when an injury crisis enveloped the Drumcondra club in the preamble and aftermath to last Wednesday’s game in Iceland, the Reds requested the Drogheda game be postponed, a request that met stony resistance from the Boynesiders due to the short notice.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***

Slash/Ed: Just because you believe the diarrhoea that comes out of the mouth of the jailbird scumbag, doesn't actually make it true...:rolleyes:

patsh
21/07/2004, 10:46 AM
To be fair, concentrating on the two Byrnes [Ollie - handbag stuff] and Jason [whingeing eejit] is only taking away from a great performance by the Drogs, who urinated all over us, and should not be underestimated by anyone.
Our current slump in form is worrying, particularly with Reykjavik coming up on Wednesday. And all the excuses in the world - like how Shels were forced to play a match, when Cork, Bohs and Longford all had theirs postponed - don't take away from the fact that we've completely lost the plot.We have had quite a few games postponed by now, but we did play Bohs between the two legs of the first round. Didn't $h£l$ agree to this fixture going ahead, only trying to postpone it at the last minute?

Slash/ED
21/07/2004, 1:52 PM
[Slash/Ed: Just because you believe the diarrhoea that comes out of the mouth of the jailbird scumbag, doesn't actually make it true...:rolleyes:

Where have I even mentioned anything Ollie Byrne had to say? My post didn't even mention the great man himself.