PDA

View Full Version : Pat "Skippy" Morley !!

A face
18/07/2004, 6:04 PM
I was listening to Red FM for the game and i thought it was great to have Pat Morley, a city legend and one of our greatest ever players along side Trevor Welsh. If anyone from Red FM read this ....... i'd like to suggest that you get him on more often. That is one thing that i thought Chorus Sports should done more of aswell.

Ruairi
18/07/2004, 6:07 PM
have to agree, absolutley brilliant to hear skippy, insightful intelligent analysis, superb.

A face
18/07/2004, 6:14 PM
have to agree, absolutley brilliant to hear skippy, insightful intelligent analysis, superb.

To be honest .... it would have been better if he was out there commentating with Oisin instead of Noel Spillane.

adamcarr
18/07/2004, 6:30 PM
To be honest .... it would have been better if he was out there commentating with Oisin instead of Noel Spillane.
I agree...Spillane wrecked my head for the full 90 mins...what a boring voice, he nearly sent me too sleep! ;)

blobbyblob
18/07/2004, 6:47 PM
It wasnt just his boring voice. It was his constant snipping after 20 minutes and subtle digs at Dolans management. Tell me I wasn't imagining it. I've never heard this fella commentate before (let alone heard of him) but I thought he had a chip on his shoulder over something. Thats from an outsiders perspective. then again. Maybe I have the guy all wrong

adamcarr
18/07/2004, 6:53 PM
Maybe I have the guy all wrong
No! Youve explained him perfectly!

A face
18/07/2004, 7:58 PM
Maybe I have the guy all wrong

No way mate ... you have him down to a tee. We have to ensure him several times a week on radio and print. He's so bad people try to spot that "Spillanisms" !! :rolleyes:

BOF
18/07/2004, 9:01 PM
I was listening to Red FM for the game and i thought it was great to have Pat Morley, along side Trevor Welsh.

I thought Oisin did a great job on the commentary as well, way better than any of the commentators on MorningNoonAndNightFM on a Saturday afternoon. So take a bow Oisin. Well done :)

brendan

Peadar
19/07/2004, 12:40 PM
Could you hear us singing on the radio?

patsh
19/07/2004, 12:49 PM
Could you hear us singing on the radio?Yes, excellent stuff, lads!
I thought Skippy was excellent, good to hear him.
He is another player that should get a proper sendoff, maybe with John Caulfield, a la Patsy and Naps.
Oh and I'd personally shove a sh*t covered stocking down Moses' throat if he started the same old tripe...:mad: