PDA

View Full Version : Cobh v. Man United.

bren
18/07/2004, 2:57 AM
Great display by the lads tonight .They did us proud .And dont tell me United were not trying .Iam not getting carried away [it was only last Thursday after the Killkenny match that i nearly threw in the towel]-but if we were to play like that every week we would be in the Premier Div. next year .In fact if we had not made the changes at half time and early in the second half we would have gone on to win the match .And remember they are the cream of the crop in England .That is as far as Reserve teams go .
If we continue to believe in ourselfs and try to play the foothball we played tonight then there is a golden future ahead for our young team

Cobh RAMBLERS --WELL DONE WE ARE REALLY PROUD OF you ---ROLL ON fRIDAY NIGHT AND LETS HOPE FOR A BIG CROWD .

pele

ian
18/07/2004, 7:02 AM
Well I must say you were good last night it is a pity that there was not more cobh supporters there. As for that man u team if that is the next becks keans and giggs I dont think they will be good in the next couple of years. As I said you cobh were good last night If you can only play like that week in week out you would have a chance to get up to the prem. The best of luck for the rest of the season.

cobhrambler 16
18/07/2004, 9:55 AM
practically everyone who went up from cobh were wearin united jerseys!!

i was delighted we scored!

i thought we deserved to win the game and were unlucky with chances.

keano was brilliant!!

:D :D :D

Roy who?
18/07/2004, 1:03 PM
Keane looked no better than anyone else on the pitch last. Ramblers were probably the better team. The future doesn't look bright for United if that's the current young talent

Rams Mc 7
18/07/2004, 2:17 PM
there was alot of cobh people up there but we were all in different parts of the ground,it was a pity really,if we were all together we could have got behind ramblers and created a bit of a atmosphere up there,we all would have enjoyed the match more.ramblers were brilliant lets hope we play like that on friday night.

RMK16
18/07/2004, 3:41 PM
Re. the young players at the club: With half the first team squad unavailable for the tour to America, the more promising reserves are training with the firsts (or out on loan) so didn't play last night. As a result you had some not particularly good older(20/21) players (eg Luke Chadwick, David Fox, Colin Heath) playing with a lot of the u19s, and you have to remember they've only just started back training after the holidays.

Out of the players that took part there are two who I think could make it: Dave Jones, a skinny as feck central midfielder with huge ears, and Sylvain Blake, a black striker. Apparently they both came on as subs - anyone notice how they did?

eddieohalloran
18/07/2004, 7:01 PM
Well done to all the players last night, they all done very well and if they can repeat that in the cup next week we should progress. Lets also hope that the form will transfer to the league also.

Fair play to Roy Keane for making last night possible and he looked as if he enjoyed his return to the Cross.

The best Utd player on view last night in my opinion was young Irish centre back, Paul McShane, he played very well and looks the part.

adamcarr
18/07/2004, 7:04 PM
Re. the young players at the club: With half the first team squad unavailable for the tour to America, the more promising reserves are training with the firsts (or out on loan) so didn't play last night. As a result you had some not particularly good older(20/21) players (eg Luke Chadwick, David Fox, Colin Heath) playing with a lot of the u19s, and you have to remember they've only just started back training after the holidays.

Out of the players that took part there are two who I think could make it: Dave Jones, a skinny as feck central midfielder with huge ears, and Sylvain Blake, a black striker. Apparently they both came on as subs - anyone notice how they did?
aRE YOU FROM mANCHESTER OR cORK???

bren
18/07/2004, 10:32 PM
Having got down from the high after our great showing ---i can not understand why Terry White is not playing every week .What a second half preformance --John Meade should be used either in midfield or even as a central defender . He has talent but in his present position every thing goes central and hes starving our wingers who have to scrap for any sort of ball ---this has been very evident in our last two matches ---its very frustrating we have two excellent wingers but were creating no wide play ---also when Meade plays the wingers spend their time covering his man -he never gets tight on his marker .
Also Eoghin Loughead looked very capable when he came on --why not try him in central midfield now that Dave Moore has departed [ he will be a tremendous loss ]--he looks that he could create from there

Pele

RMK16
19/07/2004, 12:25 AM
Eddie - good to hear McShane played well. I like him as a player (a 'proper' defender, and an attitud much like Keane's), but the difficulty facing him with regards to making the first team is that we currently have four young (22-25) central defenders in the first team squad, and five if you include Gabriel Heinze. But hopefully he'll make an impact in the reserves next season then continue to develop, maybe eventually forcing one of the non-home grown players out of the squad.

Adam - I'm from Altringham. Why do you ask?

Roo69
19/07/2004, 1:02 PM
Eddie - good to hear McShane played well. I like him as a player (a 'proper' defender, and an attitud much like Keane's), but the difficulty facing him with regards to making the first team is that we currently have four young (22-25) central defenders in the first team squad, and five if you include Gabriel Heinze. But hopefully he'll make an impact in the reserves next season then continue to develop, maybe eventually forcing one of the non-home grown players out of the squad.

McShane is a top bloke ! lovely lad with a great attitude, seen him play so many times over here as a young fella and was always miles ahead of the others. His making great progress with United and played quite a lot of reserve football last season as well as captianing the youth side, Fergie even brought him into the European squad as cover, thats how highly regarded he is ! A ManU and Ireland 1st choice centre half in a few years time

tiktok
19/07/2004, 1:33 PM
Just to follow on from Conor's post, I didn't expect too many stars, but I am surprised that Liam Miller and John O'Shea didn't take advantage of a trip home.

liam88
19/07/2004, 2:18 PM
Come on the Rambs :D !
Biggest coverage we've ever had in any English newspaper methinks!
Couldn't make it over for the game due to circumstances anyone got any photos?
I thought the tickets sold out? Wasn't the stadium full?
As for Man. Utd 'not bringing along many stars' it was only in the last couple of weeks or less that's it's been known as Cobh vs Man Utd.
Up till this point it was Cobh Vs Roy Keane or Cobh vs Roy Keane XI
did he play a half in the rambs jersey?
It was meant as a testimonial to Roy Keane and that's what it turned out as-brilliant :D

Macy
19/07/2004, 2:59 PM
Hmmm Altrincham, surely? ;)

Conor - if people want to pay them money, to help support an eL team, whats the problem? The Reserves have a load of fixtures in England while the first team squad are in the States, crowds come out, players get a run - suits all parties.

Macy
19/07/2004, 3:19 PM
Well in fairness Conor, alot of those young lads that won't be good enough are the very same players that the eL will be looking to sign in a couple of years.

Metrostars
20/07/2004, 4:14 PM
How did the young yanks play, Spector and Cooper?

BTW, United are flying to the US tomorrow (someone inferred they were here in the US already)

Rams-fan
20/07/2004, 5:43 PM
Cobh RAMBLERS --WELL DONE WE ARE REALLY PROUD OF you ---ROLL ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND LETS HOPE FOR A BIG CROWD .

The lads all put in the effort to make it entertaining, It's a pity there wasn't a bit more atmosphere, (maybe due to the large numbers who came to see Roy K rather than a game of soccer).

It was good to see the hard work put in by the volunteers of the club paid off with a good pay day for the Club :)

Queenstown Ram
20/07/2004, 7:02 PM
It was good to see the hard work put in by the volunteers of the club paid off with a good pay day for the Club :)

Great work done by Eddie Walsh Liam Amphlett & Mick Gould plus a few others to get this game to fruition and have everything go well on the night

Well done lads.

Roy who?
20/07/2004, 11:22 PM
How did the young yanks play, Spector and Cooper

I'm not sure who Spector is but Cooper was very poor. He was the tall no.10 up front. He did score but the keeper should've done a lot better. He looked very average all night and wasted a lot of possession and chances. He also seemed to go down very easily under very light challenges. I wouldn't bet on him breaking into the first team any time soon.