PDA

View Full Version : Juda$

Neil
23/11/2001, 12:03 PM
EXCLUSIVE from inthenet.ie

PETER HUTTON shrugged off the non-stop stick he received from Derry fans at The Brandywell on Thursday and said: Thanks for spurring me on !
The Derry fans are still sore over Hutton’s decision to join Premier Division rivals Shelbourne during the summer and vented their anger when the Candystripes’ former skipper returned to his old stomping ground for the first time since his summer switch to Tolka Park.
But Hutton told inthenet.ie: "Despite what people might think I enjoyed myself immensely. It was rather tame to what I was expecting, to be honest. But I enjoyed the game. I expected a lot worse. At the end of the day it was much ado about nothing.
"The fans had their little protest, said what they wanted to say, but I am in the game too long to be affected by stuff like that. It was water off a duck’s back. It doesn’t bother me and I’m not just saying that.
"Fans are entitled to let a bit of steam off from time to time once it doesn’t turn nasty and everyone, in fairness, was well behaved. I enjoyed it. It just spurred me on. I’m Public Enemy No 1 for now, but the novelty will soon wear off. It won’t last forever."
Hundreds of fans in the bumper 5,000 crowd held up A4 size pieces of paper with the words "Pi££a" and "Juda$" on them while the announcement of his name on the PA system was greeted with deafening boos.

pete
23/11/2001, 12:15 PM
Amazing to read some media criticising the fans actions.

As Hutton said himself its fine as long as doesn't get too nasty & is part of the game. Have these media types ever attended a game apart from watching sky sports?

:rolleyes:

By all accounts the crowd would appear to have been at least 5k which goes to show the best supported teams are outside the pale...

Pauro 76
23/11/2001, 2:04 PM
City boss slams Ollie Byrne after shirt mess

There is something about Ollie Byrne and Derry City.
After the Dubliner's sensational clashes with City fans during Shelbourne's 1-1 draw with Derry earlier in the season, few would have expected that he would create controversy so soon again. But he did last night when Shels refused to wear Derry's away strip and the meeting of the two teams was delayed for 33 minutes. City boss Kevin Mahon has dubbed the fiasco "a disgrace" and he has lashed the Shels secretary.

Why am i not surprised then.... :rolleyes:

Gerry Desmond
23/11/2001, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by PAURO 7
[B] City boss Kevin Mahon has dubbed the fiasco "a disgrace" and he has lashed the Shels secretary.

Thank God for that! I've never known ANYONE more deserving of a flogging!! :D

Gerry