PDA

View Full Version : Fran Rooney shows off his knowledge of Cork Soccer

Ali-G
17/07/2004, 12:27 AM
From Soccercentral.......

:rolleyes:

FAI Chief Executive Officer, Fran Rooney today paid tribute to the eircom League Clubs for their performances in European Competitions this week.

“ On behalf of the Football Association of Ireland I would like to congratulate Shelbourne, Bohemians and Longford Town on their performances in the away legs of their respective European Competitions this week,” Mr Rooney said.

“ Each of these clubs have given themselves an excellent chance of qualifying for the next round when they play their home legs over the next two weeks. Just like Cork Celtic these clubs have been working hard on and off the pitch in respect of these Competitions and I want to pay tribute to everyone concerned from the Board to the Manager and players and the fans. They have been great ambassadors for the eircom League and for Ireland,” Mr Rooney added.

“I wish Cork Celtic every success against Nantes this weekend and look forward to seeing them as well as Shelbourne, Bohemians and Longford Town in action in the home legs in the coming weeks,” concluded Mr Rooney.

Pablo
17/07/2004, 12:30 AM
Hibs would have a better chance. we should send them!

Storysham
17/07/2004, 2:04 AM
What an utter tool.

patsh
17/07/2004, 10:27 AM
Lets be careful here. This could be yet another soccercentral f*ckup, not Rooney. TBH, I can't see Rooney making a mistake about the name of a club he has visited fairly often......

pete
20/07/2004, 10:34 AM
Confirmed mas an FAI feck up. Strange how only got one word incorrect in the press release. :rolleyes: