PDA

View Full Version : Betting odds for 2012 Premier Division

Pages : [1] 2 3

adamd164
10/11/2011, 8:58 PM
Just for fun. Paddy Power are already quoting betting odds if anyone is crazy enough to be placing bets before the inevitable licensing saga(s) to come :rolleyes:

Outright Betting

Shamrock Rovers
4/7

Sligo Rovers
4/1

Derry City
6/1

St Patrick's Athletic
11/1

Cork City
20/1

Shelbourne
25/1

Dundalk
33/1

Bohemians
50/1

Bray Wanderers
90/1

UCD
150/1

Monaghan United
150/1

Drogheda United
400/1

corkharps
10/11/2011, 11:18 PM
Crazy odds! Sligo's bubble will have well burst before the new year. $hels to be the dark horses. Derry,nobody knows. Bohez won't be far off. Ok Rovers will be the ones to catch.......

Lim till i die
10/11/2011, 11:23 PM
Cork each way is the bet of that mad lot.

Any First Division odds anywhere??

bullit
10/11/2011, 11:26 PM
Dundalk were similar odds last season.Brought in Quigley and Byrne and next thing, BOOM !!!- 8/1.
Ring them up and try and have a big bet on one of the teams that are 20's + Let us know how much they lay you for ? ;)

JC_GUFC
11/11/2011, 2:50 PM
Cork each way is the bet of that mad lot.

Any First Division odds anywhere??

It will be a while before Division 1 is available. Have to figure out who the teams are first!

Dodge
11/11/2011, 3:08 PM
Pats are 11/1 without a manager or a single player.

Morginho
11/11/2011, 4:45 PM
Monaghan 150-1, worth a euro :P....it'll be Rovers again I'd reckon with Shels and Cork making a good go at it.

Martinho II
12/11/2011, 9:43 PM
i think Sligo are not a good bet as they will lose a lot of players.. see Iarlaith Davoren and Richie Ryan are strongly linked with a switch to Dundee Utd as they had a scout at the cup final and were deeply impressed.

Longfordian
12/11/2011, 9:57 PM
Cork or Shels each way seems the best value I reckon. Shels will hoover up a fair few established Dublin based players, Alan Mathews is well regarded by most players.

oriel
13/11/2011, 11:47 AM
Shels were very impressive in the cup final, but that was one game. They need to replace a lot of players to have a chance of even mid table. FD players score goals for fun, as saw with Philly Hughes ourselves, he struggles above that level. You need experience and level heads to play in the PD, not sure if their current team is any better than UCD, and especially over a full season. Also Drogs are a better side with a much improved manager that those odds suggest. As for us, who knows, like Dodge said re Pats, no manager and no idea what team we will have.

Dodge , is Mahon def leaving Pats, he has been heavily linked with us, might be a guy to shake things up a bit.

Longfordian
13/11/2011, 1:18 PM
They were good against Pats in the semi final too. They will need to strengthen a fair bit but I expect them to sign some good players.

CSFShels
13/11/2011, 1:26 PM
Shels were very impressive in the cup final, but that was one game. They need to replace a lot of players to have a chance of even mid table. FD players score goals for fun, as saw with Philly Hughes ourselves, he struggles above that level. You need experience and level heads to play in the PD, not sure if their current team is any better than UCD, and especially over a full season. Also Drogs are a better side with a much improved manager that those odds suggest. As for us, who knows, like Dodge said re Pats, no manager and no idea what team we will have.

Dodge , is Mahon def leaving Pats, he has been heavily linked with us, might be a guy to shake things up a bit.

You seriously must be having a laugh, both ourselves and Cork had comfortably better sides than UCD, Dundalk, Bray and Bohs. That top 4 from last year may well be the top 4 again next year, and ourselves and Cork will have to strengthen to compete with those sides but as we are now, I'm more than confident, I'm absolutely sure that ourselves and Cork (in whichever order) are the 5th and 6th best teams in the Premier Division before the player/manager merry-go-round takes place and reshapes things.

Dodge
13/11/2011, 1:39 PM
You weren't better than Bohs, and you didnt have a better squad tha Dundalk (who had the worst manager in the league)

nigel-harps1954
13/11/2011, 2:09 PM
I'm kinda confused by all this Cork and Shels chat for the league next year. I'll be surprised if either get in the top 3 next season. Both teams have to strengthen considerably if they have aspirations of winning the league. They'll comfortably stay up next year without doubt but anything above 5th place will be a fantastic season for both.
You only have to look at how much Derry had to strengthen this year to finish where they did.

poster
13/11/2011, 2:16 PM
Crazy odds! Sligo's bubble will have well burst before the new year. .

What bubble do we have?

poster
13/11/2011, 2:18 PM
You seriously must be having a laugh, both ourselves and Cork had comfortably better sides than UCD, Dundalk, Bray and Bohs.

And Monaghan will win the double next year.

Not a chance are Shels or Cork better than UCD, Dundalk or Bohs.

Jofspring
13/11/2011, 3:23 PM

I'd probably say cork and shels where better than, Galway, Drogheda, UCD. Barring a few players they'd be level enough with Dundalk and Bray and not that far behind the rest.

Dunny
13/11/2011, 4:17 PM

I dunno how you can make that assumption yet, we have no team or manager!

Morginho
13/11/2011, 6:17 PM
Good fan base so thats a start

CSFShels
13/11/2011, 7:05 PM
You weren't better than Bohs, and you didnt have a better squad tha Dundalk (who had the worst manager in the league)
Yet over 180 minutes you couldn't get near us.

total hoofball
13/11/2011, 7:43 PM
If Cork and Shels were playing in the Premier Division this season they would have finished above UCD, Drogheda and Galway. With Bohs, Dundalk and Bray certainties to be weaker next season, both Cork and Shels should be finishing mid-table at worst next season even if they stick with the same squads as this season. If Cork can pull in 3k punters per game next season they should have the budgetary capacity to push for a top 4 and a possible European spot. I'm sure Shels will strengthen their squad too and if they continue the momentum from their cup run they should fancy themselves for a top 6 spot.

Shels were very impressive in the cup final, but that was one game. They need to replace a lot of players to have a chance of even mid table. FD players score goals for fun, as saw with Philly Hughes ourselves, he struggles above that level. You need experience and level heads to play in the PD, not sure if their current team is any better than UCD, and especially over a full season.

The majority of Shels' squad already have PD experience when the league was stronger and have done respectably at that level. Philly Hughes hasn't had the opportunity to play at PD level since he had half a season with an awful Dublin City side in 2004. He is in the form of his career and scoring 27 in all comps and in 4 cup games against PD opposition this season he has scored 3 goals. Those facts don't suggest to me that he will struggle to score goals in the PD unless Shels let go their best players and fail to strengthen.

oriel
14/11/2011, 7:55 PM
Philly will struggle in the PD, trust me. Defences are twice if not 3 times better, he wont get the space he got in the FD. He's a good player, I like him, but FD is his standard. Also its bullish talk saying shels will finish mid table 'at worst', I can tell you there is a huge difference having say two hard away games in a row in the PD, lose both, then your confidence goes and you can go weeks and weeks without a win. I seriously dont think Shels fans are realistic on the step up. 7th tops, and if they did, they should be very pleased too. First year up is all about consolidating.

Dodge
14/11/2011, 8:19 PM
Yet over 180 minutes you couldn't get near us.
And we beat Sligo twice this season. Anything can happen in a game of football

Over the season, you wouldn't have got near Bohs, and I think you'd be around the UCD level

born2bwild
14/11/2011, 8:40 PM
And we beat Sligo twice this season. Anything can happen in a game of football

Over the season, you wouldn't have got near Bohs, and I think you'd be around the UCD level
Shels 4 - 2 Bohs League cup this year. Played them off the pitch. Shels' biggest weaknesses are central midfield, right full - strengthen those up and definite mid table.

Dodge
14/11/2011, 8:54 PM
League cup? LOL

born2bwild
14/11/2011, 9:04 PM
League cup? LOL
FAI cup Semi Final? LOL

pineapple stu
14/11/2011, 9:50 PM
Round 1 to Dodge on that one so.

Dunny
14/11/2011, 11:27 PM
FAI cup Semi Final? LOL

This from a Fingal fan...

:D

Mario
15/11/2011, 4:27 PM
Philly will struggle in the PD, trust me.

Ditto David Cassidy, didn't cut the mustard for Rovers in the premier under Scully after doing well in the 1st the year before. I think 1st division is his level!

nigel-harps1954
15/11/2011, 4:56 PM
Ditto David Cassidy, didn't cut the mustard for Rovers in the premier under Scully after doing well in the 1st the year before. I think 1st division is his level!

On the other side, Premier was arguably stronger then. Philly will definitely pitch in with a few goals next season. Both him and Cassidy would definitely be worth keeping as backup for Shels at least.

born2bwild
15/11/2011, 5:50 PM
This from a Fingal fan...

:D
What's with the smiley??? Is being a Fingal fan inherently funny?

I suppose I should preface everything I say with a health warning - "This comment is coming from the fevered, demented 'brain' of a Fingal fan, and as such, will probably be as vain, misjudged, naive and superficial as the decision to set up that club in the first place."

Hope that helps.

bluewhitearmy
15/11/2011, 6:10 PM
Cant agree at all that 1st division is Cassidys level he is a great player and i think he will still stand out in the premier.

Jofspring
15/11/2011, 6:29 PM
Cant agree at all that 1st division is Cassidys level he is a great player and i think he will still stand out in the premier.

Agree, plenty of players might not have been up to it years ago but have developed as players over the years. Cassidy was the best midfielder in the first division amongst some very good midfielders with previous premier experience.

Dunny
15/11/2011, 7:23 PM
What's with the smiley??? Is being a Fingal fan inherently funny?

I suppose I should preface everything I say with a health warning - "This comment is coming from the fevered, demented 'brain' of a Fingal fan, and as such, will probably be as vain, misjudged, naive and superficial as the decision to set up that club in the first place."

Hope that helps.

It was a joke, hence the smiley.....

born2bwild
15/11/2011, 7:47 PM
It was a joke, hence the smiley.....
Ah, Jaysus, Dunny, is it that easy to make you laugh?

"You're a Fingal fan, Ha Ha Ha".

To think Ardal O'Hanlon is from Dundalk.

MagicMon
15/11/2011, 10:39 PM
Oi! Ardal O'Hanlon is from Monaghan (Carrick to be precise)

Dunny
15/11/2011, 11:24 PM
Ah, Jaysus, Dunny, is it that easy to make you laugh?

"You're a Fingal fan, Ha Ha Ha".

To think Ardal O'Hanlon is from Dundalk.

Touchy....

And that gobsheen is not from Dundalk.

dfx-
15/11/2011, 11:33 PM
As is Shels would be midtable easily enough, around Dundalk or Bohs. They'd need to beef up the squad for when injuries hit and Richie Winter sends their players off....

pineapple stu
15/11/2011, 11:46 PM
Touchy....

And that gobsheen is not from Dundalk.
Well, he was born in Dundalk anyway. Close enough!

Macy
16/11/2011, 8:27 AM
Just for fun. Paddy Power are already quoting betting odds if anyone is crazy enough to be placing bets before the inevitable licensing saga(s) to come :rolleyes:
I actually opened the thread thinking a bookie was taking bets on who'd be in the premier, how many teams etc.

adamd164
27/01/2012, 3:19 PM
Now that we're a little closer to the start of the season, updated odds from PP.

Shamrock Rovers
4/6

Sligo Rovers
5/2

St Patrick's Athletic
9/1

Cork City
16/1

Derry City
16/1

Shelbourne
25/1

Bohemians
50/1

Dundalk
50/1

Drogheda United
125/1

Monaghan United
150/1

Bray Wanderers
250/1

UCD
250/1

adamd164
27/01/2012, 3:20 PM
And First Division:

Limerick
2/9

Waterford United
6/1

Longford Town
9/1

Athlone Town
33/1

Finn Harps
33/1

Mervue United
33/1

Salthill Devon
80/1

Wexford Youths
100/1

nigel-harps1954
27/01/2012, 4:38 PM
Harps 33/1. Sure why not waste a fiver ;P

CrowdedHouse
27/01/2012, 7:33 PM
Shur Limerick at 2/9 is free money, according to Limerick lads you could have it by June

Over 20% in a few months !

sadloserkid
28/01/2012, 10:02 AM
Shur Limerick at 2/9 is free money, according to Limerick lads you could have it by June

Over 20% in a few months !

Clearly our relentless propaganda machine has convinced the bookies anyway. Come on CrowdedHouse, come down to Jackman for your football fix this year, once we have the Galway football public on our side we'll be unstoppsble. :D

outspoken
28/01/2012, 10:12 AM
Town @9/1 looks good.

Sam_Heggy
28/01/2012, 10:58 AM
Town @9/1 looks good.

For what?

Maybe an each way bet but if Limerick don't win the league this year by at least 10+ points then Scully should never be allowed near a football team ever again.

CrowdedHouse
28/01/2012, 11:05 AM
Come on CrowdedHouse, come down to Jackman for your football fix this year, once we have the Galway football public on our side we'll be unstoppsble. :D

Hmmm.......your proposal interests me.....certainly would be handier to get to from Roscrea

Am I absolutely guaranteed success ? [/bandwagon]

Would my new (well 2011) Beemer be unmolested like it is in Galway ?

:)

sadloserkid
28/01/2012, 11:49 AM
Hmmm.......your proposal interests me.....certainly would be handier to get to from Roscrea

Am I absolutely guaranteed success ? [/bandwagon]

Would my new (well 2011) Beemer be unmolested like it is in Galway ?

:)

Limerick being Limerick there is every chance we will somehow conspire to finish second and lose on penalties to Monaghan in the playoff. :)

Your car should be safe, we have moved from the scene of all those alleged massacres and are playing in the comparative safety of the city centre now. ;)

Lim till i die
28/01/2012, 11:09 PM
Is there ever a handicap market on the First Division??

Could there be a winner without Limerick market??

We're going to **** it like, but I'm still not touching 2/9!!