PDA

View Full Version : Fickle ain't the word for it....

pete
22/11/2001, 1:05 PM
Jeez we lose one game & the "out gunther " brigade emerge again.

I know some of ye have been consistent with wanting him out but how come no one calling for his head when we winning.

He may not take us far in the future but his league record is as good as anyones.

:rolleyes:

mouldymurphy
22/11/2001, 1:43 PM
these people are such good managers that there watching the game from the shed! :mad: they think they know everything! :mad:

Neil
22/11/2001, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by pete
I know some of ye have been consistent with wanting him out but how come no one calling for his head when we winning.
Because that's the only time people will entertain your opinion. Same way I think the Board of Directors are (and have been) absolutely useless, but there's no point in harping on about it.

A face
22/11/2001, 4:29 PM
I think the ambition and desire side of things maybe a bit poor but maybe the club is just busy surviving, ticking over kinda thing, the attendance is a big issue as it also affects the advertising side of things (if no one is there to see the adverts, they are only worth the surface they are written on when bidding for new investment) The foot and mouth seemed to really do alot of damage to the club, and we also had to shell out the money for Mountie departure. Three managers in one year doesn't instill any confidence in anyone (IMO) and while the team are getting stronger and club is winning, i think they are busy getting that right. "ain't nuthin' goin' on but the rent" kinda thing. The added cost of getting the under 21's all over the country is another factor and they would also have to pay for B-town as well when games are on there. I think we all over look this side of it alot of the time. I dunno ... just another slant on it if anything.

pete
22/11/2001, 4:52 PM
Seems like people should be moaning about the Directors instead of the Manager so....

Its Gunthers job so hes hardly going to give it up is he?

All CCFC lacks is ambition. If the Directors want to treat the club as a hobbby thats fine but they should employ fulltime (or at least pay fulltime people) to run the club. Directors can turn up at games & monthly meetings then.

I would have thought Directors are supposed to direct or lead but thats just me.....

Gary
22/11/2001, 5:06 PM
Pete. You were in Tolka the other night Yes?

And can you honestly say with your hand on your heart that the tactics on show were up to it? Anyone who knows about football knows that when you are chasing a game away from home, you don't go into a 3-5-2.

pete
22/11/2001, 5:18 PM
Yes, was in tolka for my troubles....

BTW I'm not saying Gunthers the greatest just trying to be devils advocate i suppose.....

The way i saw it;
city dominate 1st half, show more hunger but didn't look like would score.
$hel$ also poor until got fist goal, city barely saw the ball for next 10-15mins.
Gunther changes to 3-5-2 in deparation as we effectively had 4 marking lone $hel$ forward.

Maybe Gunther learned lesson of leaving ollie inside & not as wingback. People keep saying carey better as wingback & we have no ring wing so is 3-5-2 the solution?

btw personally i'd don't like the way we play 3 at the back as deccie & derek are too slow & can't pass the ball for the system.

hopefully i bad a point there somewhere :eek:

Gary
22/11/2001, 5:50 PM
Just for the record i wasn't picking a fight! I dunno. Playing cahill in the middle? BAD IDEA