PDA

View Full Version : logistical info sil vous plais!

paddigol
16/07/2004, 6:56 PM
I know there are loads of threads on the various site re the game in nantes, but I,m travelling on my own so I'd appreciate any info anyone might have on the following:
How do you get from the airport (beauvais) to the city?
Is the train station hard to find?
Is there a direct service to nantes?

Cheers.
I'm flying out with ryanair on sat night at 9pm, so I think I'll just kip in the airport and get the train first thing in the morning.

the 12 th man
16/07/2004, 7:12 PM
I know there are loads of threads on the various site re the game in nantes, but I,m travelling on my own so I'd appreciate any info anyone might have on the following:

Cheers.
I'm flying out with ryanair on sat night at 9pm, so I think I'll just kip in the airport and get the train first thing in the morning.

beauvais airport is quite small and you havent a hope in hell of being allowed kip there o/night.they actually lock it up as flights stop at about 11 at night .

there is a bus that takes you from beauvais airport into paris (about 1 hour away) and this is timed to meet your plane so you wont have a problem.its about 10 euro per person.

beauvais is a city about the size of kilkenny.its about 2 miles into city centre and there are normally taxis at the airport to take you into town.someone at the airport will get you one if you need it.

you would probably be better off going on the bus to paris and im sure some of the other cork lads have a location to stay sat and they will give you their route from there

tiktok
16/07/2004, 7:44 PM

Cheers.

Bus into Paris is the best bet, as was said, it's about an hour.
The train station should be ok, the Paris Metro is good and esasy to get around, tickets are cheap.

N.B. Going to Nantes, you will have to go by Paris West (Ouest), so that's the rail station you're looking for primarily.

There are regular direct services to Nantes, times can be checked here (http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_DLG=SvHomePage&_CMD=cmdHomepageUK&WB=HP)

You might have to book accomodation in Paris or Beauvais for the Sat.

the 12 th man
17/07/2004, 9:12 AM
the bus drops you smack in the middle of paris city outside an irish pub.the price of drink in paris itself is astronomical.

the metro(tube) is a great cheap way to get from one side of paris to the other and you can get to the train stations by using the metro also. :)

paddigol
17/07/2004, 10:30 AM
cheers lads, that should help me get to nantes as opposed to berlin now!