PDA

View Full Version : City and Ramblers scrap for points

cobhrambler 16
15/07/2004, 1:51 PM
Cobh Ramblers will be hoping to make the most of home advantage against Kilkenny City on Thursday night as both sides need to pick up much needed points. Kick off 7.45pm.

At the moment the two sides languish agonisingly close to the re-election zone and although the present two occupants of the unwanted positions, Limerick and Monaghan United are favourites to stay rooted to the bottom of the eircom First Division, there is still over half the season left to play and plenty of points to play for.

Cobh are currently ahead of Kilkenny courtesy of a better goal difference with only a point separating them from Monaghan who are second from bottom and a win for either side would be a major boost to their chances of avoiding re-election.

Ramblers’ manager Dave Hill is expected to name the same starting XI as he did for last weekend’s 2-2 draw with form side Dundalk at Oriel Park. When the sides met earlier in the season the match at Buckley Park ended 1-1.

Kilkenny also played out a 2-2 draw last weekend when Sligo Rovers travelled home with a share of the spoils but manager Ger Bickerstaffe has a striking crisis at the club.

Top scorer Barry Wood has gone to Australia to get married and will not be available for the rest of the season, while Damien Raggett has joined Paul Devlin on the treatment table.

eddieohalloran
15/07/2004, 9:34 PM
Ramblers came from behind to draw 1-1 with Kilkenny City tonight. Ramblers second half display really merited full points but were denied by a combination of good saves and desperate defending. Saying that Kilkenny City were denied two goals by excellent saves by Peter Cutbert in the Ramblers goal. Ramblers goal came from Robert Brosnan after good wing play by Tony Tynan who caused Kilkenny problems all night when he got the right supply. While we did not lose the game I am sure the manager will be disappointed not to have won the game.

cobhrambler 16
15/07/2004, 9:47 PM
not only the manager but i myself will be disapointed.

we'll have to up our game if the team wants to advance in the cup!

and if we lose to limerick theyres major problems.

cobhrambler20
16/07/2004, 10:20 AM
i think we need to pick up our performance for the limerick match if we lose to them we could end up with a worthless season . we badly need a cup run
what was the team last nite.

joeSoap
16/07/2004, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=cobhrambler 16]
Cobh are currently ahead of Kilkenny courtesy of a better goal difference with only a point separating them from Monaghan who are second from bottom and a win for either side would be a major boost to their chances of avoiding re-election. /QUOTE]

Think thats our bag mate...... :( :(

Schumi
16/07/2004, 12:17 PM
Two teams up for re-election.