PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Friendlies

Metrostars
15/07/2004, 12:36 PM
Andy Reid scored from 30 yards out for Nottingham Forest against DC United in Washington last night. Score was 1-1 after 90 and DC United won on pks 4-3. Apparantly Forest were shyte except for Reid.

carnstien
15/07/2004, 1:48 PM
Well lets hope he gets his move, can't believe nobody is after him, bloody Premiership managers haven't got a clue.

Bowsy
15/07/2004, 2:04 PM
Well lets hope he gets his move, can't believe nobody is after him, bloody Premiership managers haven't got a clue.

Looking very unlikely now. His only really big fan in the premiership was Pleat and he's out of the picture now. A bit puzzling considering the lack of quality left side players in England. Big problem probably is that most teams that could afford his £5-10 Million price tag don't need him.

1MickCollins
15/07/2004, 10:54 PM
If he plays this season like he did last he would be worth that kind of money. I'm sure managers don't want to risk 10M on a player that could be a one season wonder. I'm not saying he is or will be but last season was a bit of a surprise.

petef
16/07/2004, 7:51 AM
Smashing player for us hes probably quite happy there at the moment as Kinnear he is quite a likeable chap. Its only Forest's first game of the season so its always bound to be poor expecially when you substitute most of your team during the game. Reidy did get 90 mins which may mean that Joe is pushing him during pre season to lose that excess weight and hone the fitness.

eirebhoy
20/07/2004, 12:13 PM
Morrison scored a hatrick against VFB09 Possneck (Germany) last night, Birmingham won 5-0 with Stern John and Forssell also on the score sheet.

petef
20/07/2004, 2:13 PM
Can only be a good thing.

Closed Account 2
20/07/2004, 2:23 PM
Do u reckon Clinton will still be at Birmingham for much longer? I think hes a good player, but theyve got a couple of other decent strikers, John, Forsell, Gronkja≡er (who can play upfront)... and the bag of **** that is Heskey.

Bowsy
20/07/2004, 2:42 PM
He's better than John who is a perenial substitute and I can't see Bruce playing Gronkjaer up front. For me it's between Heskey and Morrison to partner Forsell. Despite Morrison playing well for Brum last year i think it's going to be a Heskey-Forsell partnership to start the season.

eirebhoy
20/07/2004, 10:24 PM
Marcio Amoroso said he'll sign for Birmingham at the end of the month. Things are looking bad for Morrison.

Metrostars
26/07/2004, 1:26 PM
Yesterday Paul McShane partnered Roy Keane and young American Jonathan Spector in a 3 man backline for Manchester United against Bayern Munich in Chicago. Effectively it was a reserve Man Utd against the Bayern first XI (Ballack, Makaay etc). McShane did well and Keane gave a steller performance. O'Shea came on with about 15 minutes to go in midfield. Pretty dreadful game, ended 0-0 went to penalties, Keane slotted his one home well against Ollie Kahn and O'Shea fluffed his badly and was easily saved.
Having never seen McShane before, I thought while he was not spectacular he didnt do much wrong, had a header saved by Kahn on a corner kick.

Metrostars
27/07/2004, 3:17 PM
Went to see Liverpool play Celtic last night in Hartford, Finnan played well, McGeady played the first half on the right side of midfield. Nothing spectacular from him. Another Celtic kid came on in the second half at left full back, O'Dea, is he Irish?

BTW Liverpool played some nice flashy football but then again Celtic were terrible. I don't know what they are thinking playing Chelsea in Seattle in 100 degree heat on Saturday, flying to Hartford and playing Liverpool last night and then playing Manchester United in Philly on Wednesday.

Bowsy
27/07/2004, 3:54 PM
left full back, O'Dea, is he Irish?

Yeah, he is. only 17. Don't think he really expected to be on this tour but Celtic squad is looking a bit thread bare at the moment.

Metrostars
27/07/2004, 4:07 PM
I thought McGeady played as a striker? He played in midfield last night with Fernandez and Hartson who looks very fat up top.

eirebhoy
27/07/2004, 7:42 PM
I thought McGeady played as a striker?
He's very versatile but his best position is behind the front 2. He was played on the right last night which isn't his best position and was still Celtic's best player.

1MickCollins
27/07/2004, 10:32 PM
Does McGeady indulge in trickery or does he get on with it and pose a real threat?

The Legend
28/07/2004, 10:10 PM
He's very versatile but his best position is behind the front 2. He was played on the right last night which isn't his best position and was still Celtic's best player.

What match were you watchiing? I thought he had a terrible game!

tetsujin1979
29/07/2004, 9:01 AM

I thought he showed some nice touches, great close control, just not the skill (or maybe just the muscle) to get past the liverpool back four. But he was keeping possession well and Risse had to foul him to get the ball back on more than one occasion

eirebhoy
29/07/2004, 10:15 AM
Does McGeady indulge in trickery or does he get on with it and pose a real threat?
Very tricky and skillful. Just think of a Ronaldinho except nowhere near his class yet. :)

OK then, tell me who was better than him in a Celtic shirt...

Metrostars
29/07/2004, 12:58 PM
ManUtd-Chelsea last night, Roy Keane started in defence, O'Shea in midfield. McGeady started right midfield. None particulary shone, Beattie made Keane look silly for Celtic's second goal. McShane came on in the second half and did pretty well in my opinion. ManUtd are getting a lot of flak for not fielding their top players, al young kids. Apparently they're flying the big guns like Van Nestleboy, Saha & Scholes for the ACMilan game on Saturday, thank goodness 'cos I'm going.

The Legend
29/07/2004, 6:18 PM
Very tricky and skillful. Just think of a Ronaldinho except nowhere near his class yet. :)

OK then, tell me who was better than him in a Celtic shirt...

i think the lad Beattie.... looks good every time he plays...