PDA

View Full Version : Time to start building a boat?

the 12 th man
24/10/2011, 5:46 PM
and assemble the animals in pairs.Serious rain out there.

Spudulika
24/10/2011, 7:59 PM
It started to snow in Moscow today. Not nice when you're on crutches! Actually, postively scary! Then again, watching the six one news, I start to appreciate living on the 8th floor!

paul_oshea
24/10/2011, 9:34 PM
I wonder when the looting will begin in dundrum shopping centre.....

Kingdom
24/10/2011, 10:51 PM
colleague was due to relieve me at 7 in town. He rang in to say he's on the Naas Road, I asked him was he at inchicore or kylemore, He tells me he's in Kildare!

Kingdom
24/10/2011, 10:52 PM
If there's anyone from Kimmage or Crumlin on this forum, they might remember the floods back the winter we qualified for Italia 90. My brother was there today and he said it's equal to that this evening - a sign perhaps?

the 12 th man
25/10/2011, 7:53 AM
If there's anyone from Kimmage or Crumlin on this forum, they might remember the floods back the winter we qualified for Italia 90. My brother was there today and he said it's equal to that this evening - a sign perhaps?

I have relatives in Crumlin & Kimmage and it's bad alright,you've got the canal overflowing at Dolphins Barn and the river Poddle burst its banks at Ravensdale Park.

Kids in a dinghy paddling around the end of the Crumlin Rd opp the petrol station at the bridge.

Kingdom
25/10/2011, 8:18 AM
Anyone who doesn't know Kimmage - it's basically a crossroads in a bowl shape, with a subterranean river running parallel. So it was always a candidate to go bad.

pineapple stu
25/10/2011, 8:45 AM
Great fun at Loughlinstown yesterday evening - whole N11 flooded in both directions. No choice but to drive through (fairly big traffic queue as three lanes converged to let cars go one at a time); kept getting in deeper and deeper - probably eight inches at the deepest. Which seems fairly tame going by stories elsewhere. Did not want the car to die and have to hop out and walk through it though!

Meteireann (http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp) seems to be reckoning on another hour of torrential rain around Dublin (starting about now); that wasn't being predicted last night.

the 12 th man
25/10/2011, 9:02 AM
I've never seen anything like it,a young Garda swept away by flood water not far from my housing estate and search teams looking for him.

More than a months rainfall in a day.

Dodge
25/10/2011, 9:41 AM
Apparently they've found the body of that young Guard.

Very sad

Magicme
25/10/2011, 10:04 AM
Awful sad about that young Garda. He was just trying to warn others and loses his life. RIP.
Seems some poor woman also died in the basement of her apartment block in Dublin too. :-(

Monaghan is so badly hit. I had to borrow my friend's jeep to get to work. Its crazy, the river Blackwater is now a lake and the traffic lights in the cnetre of the town is like a swimming pool. Houses flooded, cars with water up to the roof in carparks in the town. Tis crazy I tell ya.

Spudulika
25/10/2011, 10:27 AM
colleague was due to relieve me at 7 in town. He rang in to say he's on the Naas Road, I asked him was he at inchicore or kylemore, He tells me he's in Kildare!

So did you get your relief or it all went blue?

the 12 th man
25/10/2011, 10:43 AM
Apparently they've found the body of that young Guard.

Very sad

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1025/jonesc.html

He was off duty as well.RIP.

Kingdom
25/10/2011, 11:33 AM
So did you get your relief or it all went blue?

Still here. Things are put into perspective when you hear of the guard at Poulaphuca and the woman in Dublin though. What Vinny Browne was at naming him last night I'll never know.

By the sounds of it the North quays was very dicey last night.

Magicme
25/10/2011, 12:06 PM
As a rule of thumb, avoid Ballybay but today particularly so as a bridge is about to collapse.

horton
25/10/2011, 12:30 PM
Jaysus I thought it was bad here last night but it's nothing compared to south of the border. My cousin lives in Kilmainham(I think?) and her underground carparks been completely flooded. I'd say today will be busy for insurance companies.

Dodge
25/10/2011, 12:36 PM
My cousin lives in Kilmainham(I think?) and her underground carparks been completely flooded. I'd say today will be busy for insurance companies.
Yep, that happened in Kilnmainham alright. Camac burst its banks. There was a pedastrian bridge barely hanging on late last night. Friends in Tallaght had up to 2 foot of water in houses last night too (SOme evacuated)

Thankfully, the sun's out and most roads have been re-opened, which should help some this evening

Nothing in comparison to the young guard in wickllow and the woman in her crumlin basement though

SkStu
25/10/2011, 6:58 PM
i got an infraction for my post earlier in the thread. It was a total joke but i forgot to insert a smiley. Sorry for any hurt feelings out there.

theworm2345
25/10/2011, 9:37 PM
i got an infraction for my post earlier in the thread. It was a total joke but i forgot to insert a smiley. Sorry for any hurt feelings out there.
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2010/simpsons_nelson_haha3.jpg