PDA

View Full Version : Shels Champions League

Flynninio
15/07/2004, 6:57 AM
2all in iceland after been 2nil down good to see them get 2 away goals.
would really love to see all the irish teams get a decent run like us it might give the league the kickstart it needs support wise.
so fed up of ****s putting it down i have a vision over next few years of team making it to champions league stages.favourable draws and a bit luck it would be unreal id nearly go and support of rovers if it was them but no fear there id say :cool:

Fair_play_boy
15/07/2004, 7:18 AM
id nearly go and support of rovers
Geez, steady on there!!! :eek:
This Malmo / Nejmegen thingy has destabilised City fans!! EEK!!!!

patsh
15/07/2004, 8:55 AM
I have to say that I would have expected a better result than that from $h€l$.

Still, 2 away goals shoud be enough for them to go through....

eastcork
15/07/2004, 9:01 AM
Being two nil down, they would take 2-2. Fair play and lets hope they get through the return leg.

aIr BaNd!
15/07/2004, 9:06 AM
Yes good point! Why not aim for group stage of the champion's League.We have the potential to do it,we need leadership and investment.Plenty of talent in the league with so many lads coming home from england.Dolan has showed it can be done but we all know we have much to do.lts time for people too,to get off the barstools and get out on the terraces supporting their Hometown team.

Hail the Rebel Army.

thecorner
15/07/2004, 9:07 AM
I think its about time we set our sights higher than an Icelandic team...In all fairness

yeah we should be setting our standards up there with the swedes,dutch,french etc.... :D :D

Flynninio
15/07/2004, 11:33 AM
shels last 12 games in europe only won one game.but i feel the tide has turned - id fancy bohs tonight as they have beaten this crowd few yrs back but not so sure about longford they cant seem to get goals of late.i think we should go on there sites and wish them well as many have wished us well.i personally wouldnt go on bohs site but secretly be shouting for therm ;) ;) ;)