PDA

View Full Version : in the doldrems

ccfcman
14/07/2004, 5:41 PM
where have you gone Greg?when greg resigned a couple of weeks ago it was heralded as a move in the right direction for cork city cos we needed ppl to be physical etc. lordan has been excellent yes but why should he be in ahead of a)mucka(in my estimation our best allround player!!) and b)greg who came bk to city to pick up a tasty spot on er.. the bench.

alsoi reckon mucka is the unluckiest player not to be playing regualarly,especially after dolan asked him to remain at home,missing out on the college world cup and sat on the bench for city

pete
14/07/2004, 5:44 PM
Greg is great but Lordan has been outstanding in recent games. Unfortunately Greg has poor distribution (i.e. can't pass the ball in straight line) so Lordan is ahead on merit.

I don't see who could be dropped for Mucka.

steven17
14/07/2004, 5:54 PM
where have you gone Greg?when greg resigned a couple of weeks ago it was heralded as a move in the right direction for cork city cos we needed ppl to be physical etc. lordan has been excellent yes but why should he be in ahead of a)mucka(in my estimation our best allround player!!) and b)greg who came bk to city to pick up a tasty spot on er.. the bench.

alsoi reckon mucka is the unluckiest player not to be playing regualarly,especially after dolan asked him to remain at home,missing out on the college world cup and sat on the bench for city

spot on with muccy there mate,but muc is one of murphys players and dont think dolan has much interest in playing him what so ever.can only be deteriorate as a player cant be benifiting from under 21 games

gregs situation would baffles any c.c.f.c fans first hes off to shels then he stays, then hes in the team because the lack of a right sided defender now hes out of favour again ,dolan must not have liked that greg wanted to leave and this is his punishment.

gamble was a signing just to boost profile of the club ,irish players from english clubs comming back makes the club a bigger draw wit crowds

anyway thats my take on it

thecorner
14/07/2004, 6:09 PM

how the fcuk can criticise dolans team selections :rolleyes:

fcuking hell,some people are never happy

michaelguineys
14/07/2004, 6:14 PM
To be honest i dont think Greg has the right attitude at the moment.
I think Dolan called his bluff when he threatented to move to Rovers and he ended cumin back with his tail between his legs.

Dont get me wrong, i do think he's a good player but goin out gettin ****ed isnt gonna help him to win his place back.
Lordan is doin very well at the moment and to be honest i cant see Greg gettin back in the startin eleven in the near future.

DolansWaistcoat
14/07/2004, 7:22 PM
Simple rule that all managers should stick by,and thats never change a winning team unless there's an injury and thats what Dolan is doing now.I'm a big fan of Greg but I have to say that Lordan is looking the business at r/back and you can't say he doesn't deserve his spot.Our defence is the main reason we have done so well in the intertoto,imo.

Fair_play_boy
14/07/2004, 9:08 PM
I'm a big fan of Greg but I have to say that Lordan is looking the business at r/back and you can't say he doesn't deserve his spot.Can't see what the problem is. Greg is a class player, and has the heart to lift a team's performance. Having him available to come off the bench gives the squad real strength / depth. A good team does not win competitions, but a good panel does.

Snatch
14/07/2004, 9:32 PM
Surprised nobody mentioned Hoggy here. IMO, it will be a battle between Lordan and Hoggy for the right back spot.

Greg is also in trouble as he has Nwankwo, Gamble and maybe Sweeney ahead of him for the midfield place. It mustn't look too good for me at the moment. I wonder does he wish he signed for Rovers afterall!

yiddo
14/07/2004, 9:42 PM
I wonder does he wish he signed for Rovers after all

If recent stories about non payment of wages and bouncing cheques are to believed I'd say Greg is well out of it! I reckon he took one look at whats going on up there and legged it back to us. Gregs chance will come no doubt but he'll have to be patient. As for Mucka, on his limited chances so far he's done well but as was mentioned above no manager will change a winning team.

Éanna
15/07/2004, 2:52 PM
dolan has got it spot on lately, so whay bother questioning him. Greg is a good player, but lordan has been excellent lately, so no point in dropping him for the sake of it. I doubt if greg came back expecting to walk into the team, he'll fight for his place and get his chance. that said, I'd expect hoggy to be back in the team when he's fit- class act