PDA

View Full Version : YBIG Footie Show Ep 2 - Tactics, Estonia and Plastic Paddy's...

davegaasports
21/10/2011, 12:19 PM
YBIG Footie Show Ep 2 - Tactics, Estonia and Plastic Paddy's

http://www.ybig.ie/forum/uploads/543/YBIG_Banner.JPG

The YBIG Footie Show with Dave O'Grady.
This is episode 2 in our series as excitement builds ahead of the playoff clash with Estonia. On this epsiode, two dedicated Irish supporters join us to give their views.

We have John from YBIG.ie, a Raheny man looking forward to jetting off to Tallinn. We also have Paul from Foot.ie, a Rossie living in London.

We discuss:
0.00 Introduction
3.20 Players discussed on foot.ie - Darren O’Dea
4.10 Sean St Ledger
5.00 Trapattoni not looking at club form of Irish players ( Leon Best, Marc Wilson)
16.00 Formations and Wes Hoolahan
18.00 Estonia
22.10 Foot.ie discussion about plastic paddy’s (Kevin Nolan, Jamie Noble, Jamie O’Hara)
28.00 YBIG.ie Go Green on November 15th Campaign

The show is by the fans and for the fans and if you want to get involved you can mail us as TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com

(http://theworldstalking.podomatic.com/entry/2011-10-21T04_59_10-07_00)
--> Click here to listen to the YBIG Footie Show with Dave O'Grady<-- (http://theworldstalking.podomatic.com/entry/2011-10-21T04_59_10-07_00)

geysir
21/10/2011, 5:52 PM
The usage of the term 'plastic paddy' is derogatory, bad form and disrespectful to that low breed of Irish.
May I be struck with lightening should such words ever pass my lips.

Crosby87
22/10/2011, 1:35 AM
Wow POSH I never imagined your voice to be so sexy! You should consider voice over work. You remind me of a young Alec Baldwin with a little Patrick Stewart mixed in, with the cadence and elocution of Kelsey Grammer.
Seriously though, good show.
Except for the Plastic Paddy stuff.:(
Also "Formations and Wes Hoolihan" Sounds like a weird course at a Scientology convention.
All in all I give it 3 stars out of 5.

irishfan86
22/10/2011, 9:12 AM
Enjoyable listen, and you came across well Paul, some good points made.

mark12345
22/10/2011, 7:35 PM
The usage of the term 'plastic paddy' is derogatory, bad form and disrespectful to that low breed of Irish.
May I be struck with lightening should such words ever pass my lips.

"Disrespectful to that low breed of Irish."

Just to clarify. It is disrespectful to a high breed of Irish, a lot higher than those low lifes who use the term. These folks, though living in another country, have the b**** to support Ireland often at great stress to themselves. And yet they get grief from the 'pure patriots' among us who are more Irish than the rest of us. If these poor fools only picked up a history book and read it, they might have a change of heart.

Junior
22/10/2011, 7:56 PM
Paul is another beautiful example of an incoherent culchie boll0x in real life but the Roscommon equivalent Jonathan Wilson / Tim Vickery on Radio.

Awesome Paul - You have the face and handbag for radio alright.

paul_oshea
22/10/2011, 9:12 PM
I definitely have a face for radio.

Id like to hear yerself and Stutts on it nxt time.

Crosby87
23/10/2011, 12:06 AM
You aren't going to try to parlay that into a permanent, paying gig? Whats wrong with you?!!
Howard Stern started on a little station with nobody listening..and now look... Could be you POSH.
Ya never know.

paul_oshea
23/10/2011, 7:57 AM
Good man crosby, i could do with you at my side sometimes :)

Next stop hard rock radio california....

geysir
23/10/2011, 11:23 AM
That was a very enjoyable listen, Paul's accent is easy on the ears. I was a bit disturbed with the barely controlled snigger which introduced him as a Rossie living in London, as if men of the Wesht were a rarity in that part of the world and then Paul's first point about a what's missing is a good pub :)
But Paul talks a very good talk, better than he writes, a Joycian flow of conversation.

On the point of Long and Trap not following club form, let's not forget that Trap selected Long ahead of Doyle to start against Slovakia, much to most peoples' consternation.

tommy_c12000
23/10/2011, 11:36 AM
Good man crosby, i could do with you at my side sometimes :)

Next stop hard rock radio california....

I'm all confused. Is Roscommon in Mayo??

paul_oshea
23/10/2011, 12:08 PM
No, don't be confused. I'm not actually paul_oshea ;)

Crosby variety is good, and hearing others opinions is a good thing I believe, plus as much as I like talking I'm not sure everyone likes listening(to me) as much as I like talking :)

Geysir i definitely find it easier talking that writing, not just for reasons of time constraints :)

I thought Long was in better form than Doyle at that point though.

bennocelt
23/10/2011, 12:14 PM
Regards london pubs - I remember years ago watching the portugal V ireland game (1-1 M Holland) upstairs in the Swan in Stockwell and it was packed (good few tasty irish nurses there to boot), and also those days Doyles in south wimbledon was good - but recently there and its closed but there is an irish boozer now right beside the station to the right- looked liked it had a big crowd for the gah final. But since I dont watch the irish/celtic games any more wouldnt know what they are like for Irish games (but the swan used to be great craic for gah/irish/celtic games)

paul_oshea
23/10/2011, 12:17 PM
Its good for the rugby now, the swan that is, but not really soccer. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is there are a few pubs you will get a few in, but not really people who properly follow it - like minded supporters is probably what I'm trying to say :)

Eh, i think you were there in the sheephaven not so long ago benno watching celtic, as I was informed by some members on here previously ;)

Plus you seem to have mentioned about Ireland in previous posts etc ;)

davegaasports
23/10/2011, 10:18 PM
The stats are absolutely brilliant. For the YBIG Footie show ep 2, it went up online on Friday and in the space of 2 days there are 166 plays/downloads. Thanks so much to everybody for listening to it.

Don't forget to post it on your twitter and facebook accounts and get the word around.

Crosby87
23/10/2011, 10:19 PM
Ive never heard the term "snigger" Geysir. I like it. But I better make sure to get the S out around here.

Dave, is POSH going to be a regular on there? And will you have the good Doctor PeePee on?

davegaasports
23/10/2011, 10:37 PM
We would love POSH every week, he is a great contributer and makes some very good points, but we are so open and would love to have anyone off foot.ie on . Just drop a mail to TheWorldsTalking@gmail.com

geysir
23/10/2011, 11:46 PM
Crosby, I think for your own safety, you better give the snigger word a miss.

SkStu
24/10/2011, 12:04 AM
the Bohs mb editor used to change the word "snigger" to "sblack person" - seriously! :D

paul_oshea
24/10/2011, 8:17 AM
I think its the context you use it in crosby over there. For example i wouldnt suggest saying "did you see that little fcuken snigger".

If you sound like Sean connery you might get away with it though

geysir
24/10/2011, 9:37 AM
I don't think so Paul, Connery softens the 'S' by adding in a 'H',
What you need is the emphasis on the S like you get with some of those Northern polictiansssssssssss.
Get a good whistle going on the 'S'
Regardless some people only hear what they want to hear. There is no way around it, Crosby will surely get into some state of flux.

BTW, Davegaasports didn't deny he sniggered.

bennocelt
24/10/2011, 9:54 AM
Eh, i think you were there in the sheephaven not so long ago benno watching celtic, as I was informed by some members on here previously

Plus you seem to have mentioned about Ireland in previous posts etc ;)

LOL, was there as i was meant to be going to see the Mahones later on up the road in Camden, but of course got so locked didnt make that trip!:o
I do have a look into the irish thread, i do like football of all kinds you know:D

paul_oshea
24/10/2011, 10:07 AM
I don't think so Paul, Connery softens the 'S' by adding in a 'H',
What you need is the emphasis on the S like you get with some of those Northern polictiansssssssssss.
Get a good whistle going on the 'S'
Regardless some people only hear what they want to hear. There is no way around it, Crosby will surely get into some state of flux.

BTW, Davegaasports didn't deny he sniggered.

Ya good point, its like two syllables and the second would be very clear so ..."sh-*i***r" is how connery would probably say it, which wouldn't sound very good alright :)

Crosby if you have a lisp you are fine. OR do "my friend stephen" out of the cable guy and you should be ok.

The Mahones the canadian band?

geysir
24/10/2011, 10:19 AM
In other words, a plastic paddy band?

davegaasports
24/10/2011, 12:45 PM
It would be great to get a few on here again for Thursday night. It is doing really well in the ratings.

So far, it is up to 36th position in the World's sports podcast rankings and 1620th position in all podcasts, which is brilliant considering there are about 100,000 podcasts.

It also has max 12 star popularity on Itunes. You just have to type in YBIG Footie show into Itunes to get it.

Thanks a mill to everyone at foot.ie for the recent sucess.