PDA

View Full Version : Award, Award!

dahamsta
19/10/2011, 1:47 PM
I wasn't actually told about this by anyone until today, but apparently we've been nominated for a web award in the Best Discussion forum category.

http://webawards.ie/2011-finalists/

Real ale Madrid
19/10/2011, 2:19 PM
Congratulations!

It's available to sponsor....Beecher Networks.......

theworm2345
19/10/2011, 3:55 PM
It seems these were nominated:
Boards.ie
Politics.ie
Thumped
Irish Webmasters Forum
Mrs2be.ie Forum
Peoples Republic of Cork
Cork City FC Supporters forum
Foot.ie
Photography Ireland
Irish Republican

...and these made the first cut:
politics.ie
photographyireland.net
mrs2be.ie/wedding-forum
foot.ie
Thumped
iwf.ie

So now you'll need people to sign up to be judges and stuff the ballot boxes:
http://webawards.ie/want-to-judge/

Anyway congratulations

the 12 th man
19/10/2011, 4:08 PM
Nice one Adam,I hope we finish ahead of Mrs2be.ie Forum :D

Dodge
19/10/2011, 4:13 PM
Jaysus, there's some Munster slant to some of those categories.

Mr A
19/10/2011, 4:52 PM
Ha! In your face Boards!

tetsujin1979
19/10/2011, 4:58 PM
Ha! In your face Boards!Maybe it's just me, but I think the level of discussion on boards.ie has dropped quite a bit over the last 18-24 months

theworm2345
19/10/2011, 5:54 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the level of discussion on boards.ie has dropped quite a bit over the last 18-24 months
Wasn't it within that period that they got hacked and went offline for awhile?

BonnieShels
19/10/2011, 6:07 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I think the level of discussion on boards.ie has dropped quite a bit over the last 18-24 months

Around about the time I threw all my eggs into the foot.ie basket.

Also I wonder how the Irish Webmaster Forum (http://www.iwf.ie) got nominated... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

I think foot.ie should have a badge! http://webawards.ie/2011-finalists/

SkStu
19/10/2011, 6:49 PM

i joined boards.ie about 18-24 months ago.

nigel-harps1954
19/10/2011, 11:15 PM
Congrats Adam! Fantastic stuff. I think Boards is a load of tripe to be honest aside from the music section.

tetsujin1979
20/10/2011, 9:48 AM
Wasn't it within that period that they got hacked and went offline for awhile?yeah, that happened around that time, boards got a lot of publicity (positive and negative obviously)
not sure how it affected membership, but I'd been using it less and less anyway. The soccer forum in particular is a mess

i joined boards.ie about 18-24 months ago.Was this before or after it was hacked? just curious to see how the site being hacked affected people's opinions of the site

dahamsta
20/10/2011, 10:53 AM
I use it for just one forum now, the Cork County forum. I was subbed to the City forum too, but I was banned for calling out the new breed in their on their utter stupidity. I think that was 3 years ago now. Still banned. :)

Boards used to be a great forum, but it just got too complex and overpopulated with idiots talking absolute nonsense. Not like on Foot.ie. :)

Magicme
20/10/2011, 1:14 PM
Whoohoo well done boy!

Real ale Madrid
22/10/2011, 8:25 PM
Politics.ie ? Never heard of it. :)

BonnieShels
22/10/2011, 9:55 PM
So did we, I mean, Adam win?

Kingdom
22/10/2011, 11:48 PM
yeah, that happened around that time, boards got a lot of publicity (positive and negative obviously)
not sure how it affected membership, but I'd been using it less and less anyway. The soccer forum in particular is a mess

Was this before or after it was hacked? just curious to see how the site being hacked affected people's opinions of the site

The soccer forum is definitely a joke, a bad one at that. In the Rugby forum, it's as if there is a virtual clock in the corner when expired allows a Munster/Leinster free for all, irrespective of the topic.
I'm on plenty of forums, and foot is the one I'll keep returning to, the level of discussion here is far superior to most others. Even comparing our most relevant rival, YBIG, it's no contest for discussion.

theworm2345
23/10/2011, 12:30 AM
So did we, I mean, Adam win?

Politics.ie ? Never heard of it. :)
Well you have now, the ****s apparently won. One more reason I'll never care about politics or pay it any attention. As this is the Irish soccer board you should ask for a replay/revote.

Anyway I'm sure the decision wasn't based on merit but solely on politics (:o)

bluemovie
24/10/2011, 2:58 PM
I wasn't actually told about this by anyone until today, but apparently we've been nominated for a web award in the Best Discussion forum category.

http://webawards.ie/2011-finalists/

It must be down to quality discussions like the one on Japanese students' use of punctutation in English.

Nice one Adam,I hope we finish ahead of Mrs2be.ie Forum :D

Great site for hooking up with hen parties/jilted brides/vulnerable bridesmaids :p

the 12 th man
24/10/2011, 4:39 PM
Great site for hooking up with hen parties/jilted brides/vulnerable bridesmaids :p

I take it you've availed of the facility :cool:

bluemovie
28/10/2011, 3:29 PM
Not yet..............