PDA

View Full Version : Referee announced for Nantes game

James
13/07/2004, 5:44 PM
from corkcityfootie.com

It has been announced that English referee Uriah Rennie will be the man in charge when Cork City face Nantes at Turners Cross on July 24th. Rennie has been a referee in the English premiership for the past few years. Rennie will be assisted by two English assistants, Kevin Pike and Roger East.

not a bad ref, but i'd have preferred the alien guy from italy

niamh
13/07/2004, 6:22 PM
The Ukranian at the Cross on Sunday would have done...
Best ref I've seen in a long time.
Which doesn't say much about eL refs...

City Hero
13/07/2004, 7:30 PM
not a bad ref, but i'd have preferred the alien guy from italy

He has retired from european competitions afaik. Euro 2004 was his last tournament.

niamh
13/07/2004, 7:56 PM
Collina has been forced to retire at the age of 45/46 (not sure which) from Serie A, which is why he's internationally retired.

tiktok
13/07/2004, 8:37 PM
Collina has been forced to retire at the age of 45/46 (not sure which) from Serie A, which is why he's internationally retired.

there were rumours that since the retirement age in the Premiership is 49 they were going to offer hima contract to ref, haven't heard too much of it since.

Schunter Netz
13/07/2004, 9:43 PM
Which doesn't say much about eL refs...
He was very nice to us, I think, not to mention his linesman on the Donie Forde side. Halfway through the second half, there was a booming cry of "that linesman's great". Now, you don't hear that very often!!

A face
13/07/2004, 11:43 PM
Now, you don't hear that very often!!

I'll give ya that !! :D

sullanefc
13/07/2004, 11:55 PM
I know Rennie isn't the best ref in the world, but as was said on a different thread, he prob won't put up with the gamesmanship that the French may offer. As for Collina, I think there is a UEFA retirement age too so I don't think he'll do Euro games anymore. Having said that age shouldn't matter with someone of his class. There are too many bad refs out there to be retiring one of his calibre. Hope he gets a contract in England.

SÓC
14/07/2004, 12:08 AM
Is this the fella who has his own agent and does Kung Fu as a prematch warm up?
Big tall and blocky Black chap?

Crap Ref too if he's the guy Im thinking of.

NorthoftheLee
14/07/2004, 8:20 AM
Is this the fella who has his own agent and does Kung Fu as a prematch warm up?
Big tall and blocky Black chap?

Crap Ref too if he's the guy Im thinking of.

you forgot big eared freak too, but you have the man

Peadar
14/07/2004, 8:25 AM

Very good alright. Saw a dive by a Dutchie and waved play on.
I've seen plenty like that given before.
Only thing about the assistant on the Donie Forde side was that he turned his back on a Dutchie and Doyler late on and missed the clogmiester giving Doyler a slap across the head.
Couldn't get over the number of times I applauded the decisions of all 3 officials.