PDA

View Full Version : Handling Charges

Kenetic
13/07/2004, 4:16 PM
Disgusted down in the club shop the other day when yer one tried to hit me for an extra €4 for match tickets just because I wanted to pay with Visa, what ****ed me off more was the fact that I was spending over €100 on a city top and the tickets. I wouldn't mind paying the handling charge if I was buying tickets over the phone but this is taking the **** completely, the club encourage fans to buy directly from the club shop but I for one will never make a purchase there again, anyone else have similar experiences?

Pablo
13/07/2004, 4:40 PM
Disgusted down in the club shop the other day when yer one tried to hit me for an extra €4 for match tickets just because I wanted to pay with Visa, what ****ed me off more was the fact that I was spending over €100 on a city top and the tickets. I wouldn't mind paying the handling charge if I was buying tickets over the phone but this is taking the **** completely, the club encourage fans to buy directly from the club shop but I for one will never make a purchase there again, anyone else have similar experiences?

Visa charge the club so why shouldnt they. Retail outlets build this into thier prices city cant obviously

sullanefc
13/07/2004, 5:14 PM
Having worked in the retail industry, I can tell you that shops pay big money to have the ability to take credit cards. Especially if they only get one CC transaction in a blue moon. Thats why you see in some shops that they won't take a credit card unless its over a certain amount. Most businesses don't charge the customer, they just absorb it in their margins. The club shop is probably mostly a cash business and they just pass on any CC charges. You don't hear many people complaining about paying it if you were talking about concert tickets. And I'll bet Oxygen was a lot more than 16 euros, or 20 on the day.

A face
13/07/2004, 5:20 PM
I'd have to agree, in fairness City have a very limited, specific product compared to stores in town/anywhere ...... i cant see the sense in them taking a hit on it and any other place not.

Kenetic
14/07/2004, 7:27 AM
When I bought tickets for the Malmo game with my visa I wasn't charged so i don't see why such a change of heart especially when they knew that they'd have a full house, penny pinching if you ask me, it's not as if each ticket was a separate swipe of the visa card to say they had to charge for each ticket, for christ sake when I did hand over the cash I didn't even get a receipt. My gripe is that I spend enough money week in week out just like everyone else here on tickets and merchandise as far as I was concerned and according to the City Edition the handling charge only applied to telephone orders.

pete
14/07/2004, 10:35 AM
I bought jersey few months back with credit card in the shop & wasn't charged extra.

Fair enough charging €1 handling fee for tickets over the phone but IMO the club is sending the wrong message if it charges extra for credit cards in the shop. The cliub wants to encourage people to spend money in the shop & a couple of jerseys would be opver €100 & not too many people keep that cash on them.

Kenetic
14/07/2004, 10:39 AM
I bought jersey few months back with credit card in the shop & wasn't charged extra.

Fair enough charging €1 handling fee for tickets over the phone but IMO the club is sending the wrong message if it charges extra for credit cards in the shop. The cliub wants to encourage people to spend money in the shop & a couple of jerseys would be opver €100 & not too many people keep that cash on them.

Exactly my point, why charge for the tickets and not the sports wear when everything would have went through in one transaction.

patsh
14/07/2004, 11:13 AM
I bought a raincoat (to keep off the Dutch rain!), last Friday week with my card, and there was no handling charge.