PDA

View Full Version : deccie

dalo
21/11/2001, 11:19 AM
i agree deccie is not having a great season and those poor aspects of his game are telling against him - namely lack of pace and his awful distbrution. i mean why is he allowed to take free kicks from the back and they never find their target. this also reminds me wn=hy is coughlan always shaping up to take frees ouside the box - hardly rivaldo is he? daly's best season was in 1998-1999 and I do feel his time is at a end.

as for finding a new skipper there is no-one else when you think about it. besides deccie was never the most vocal of people anyway- his stares are warning enough

pete
21/11/2001, 11:27 AM
Deccie is obviously there for his leadership. Don't think Derek could organise the defense in his absense.

Conor O'Grady is obvious choice for future city captain.

Gary
21/11/2001, 5:45 PM
It'll never happen but Napier would make a great captain. He knows how to shape the defence and he is an intelligent player. It'll not happen while dicchead is boss though.

Troy.McClure
21/11/2001, 6:23 PM
I think that Napier would make a good captain as well but maybe not so much O'Grady just now. What would you think about Ollie? I guess that I will be lynched for saying that but you'd never know. The extra responcibility improved Roy Keane, maybe it would force Ollie to be more active with the rest of the team & to lead by example.

Sid
22/11/2001, 7:55 AM
Just an opinion but how about moving Deccie to right fullback and bringing Napier/O'Rourke in at center half. Put Carey on right side of midfield, he's a better wingback than fullback and bring Buckley into center midfield, he's wasted out right. Bennet will have to drop out but with suspensions and injuries he still get a fair amount of games.

James
22/11/2001, 8:06 AM
or we could just drop deccie and play city's strongest 11 for a change

Éanna
23/11/2001, 7:38 PM
Originally posted by James
or we could just drop deccie and play city's strongest 11 for a change
Spot on. Napier for captain!

Gary
23/11/2001, 9:49 PM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
What would you think about Ollie? I guess that I will be lynched for saying that but you'd never know. The extra responcibility improved Roy Keane,

Ollie Cahill....................................Roy Keane
Roy Keane....................................Ollie Cahill

Not a chance my friend. all jokes aside cahill doesn't have the maturity to stand up to his own players and give em a clip around the ears if the needs be. Grady for the future, napier for now.

And I agree with James! play our best 11.

Troy.McClure
24/11/2001, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by GWA

Not a chance my friend.

It was just a suggestion! :p