PDA

View Full Version : movies /dvds:recently viewed

the 12 th man
13/07/2004, 12:45 PM
excellent:mystic river
very good:the day after tommorow

brutal:troy :eek: (not even brad pitt could save it)

dortie
13/07/2004, 12:48 PM
I thought the new version of 'The Texas chainsaw masacre' was better than the original.

Cabin Fever is a bit of a black comedy, not bad.

liam88
13/07/2004, 1:01 PM
My three main problems with Troy were;
-No light/funny scenes at all-even really tragic movies normally have 'em
-Historical accuracy was poor-every Trojan was made out as an honourable, patriotic, kind, family oriantated saint whilst every Greek (with the exception of Sean BEan) was a raping, priest-killing, baby murdering scumbag.
Somehow I don't think it would have been like that in real life-also in the legen Archilies (sp?) didn't have 'issues' like in the movie-he knew what he's akll abnout where as in the movie he would have been best at a phycyatrist!
-Brad Pitt :D

Got Spiderman 2 on DVD-have yet to watch it............................O no that was a joke I don't really own it on DVD, never seen a pirate DVD in ma life ;)

pete
13/07/2004, 1:19 PM
Flatmate rented 'The Time Machine' & me nothing to do last monday post Nijmegen. Think i started to fall asleep half way through & down there with 'Dude Wheres My Car?' as worst movies of last 10 years.

:eek:

the 12 th man
13/07/2004, 1:31 PM
Flatmate rented 'The Time Machine' :

possibly one of the worst remakes of all time(miss mumba carved from wood)
the original with rod taylor an absolute classic.

joeSoap
13/07/2004, 1:47 PM
Saw a recently re-released US version of Donnie Brasco the other night.Absolute classic.....got a pirate of Shrek 2...decent quality for a copy....great movie :D

Roo69
13/07/2004, 1:52 PM
I thought the new version of 'The Texas chainsaw masacre' was better than the original.

Cabin Fever is a bit of a black comedy, not bad.

Yer one jessica beil ( :confused: ) carries the film, jesus she is just amazing ! Cabin Fever is'nt bad.

Sherk 2 is absolutey brilliant !

drinkfeckarse
13/07/2004, 2:10 PM
Got Veronica Guerin the other day, I know it's been out a while but I'd never got round to getting it. Thought it was excellent.

Also got The Missing... not bad although I wouldn't go outta my way for it.

Van Helsing.........brutal :mad:

Macy
13/07/2004, 2:18 PM
Thought Veronica Guerin was only okay, glad I didn't pay into the flicks for it. Watched In America over the weekend, pretty similar to above - okay, but glad I just got a loan of it...

wws
13/07/2004, 2:30 PM
got a loan of Big Lebowski and Millers Crossing the other day - great watching - pity i missed these gems when they came out

joeSoap
13/07/2004, 2:43 PM
Big Lebowski=one of the all time greats, KingPin also a super movie

the 12 th man
13/07/2004, 3:34 PM
KingPin also a super movie

go along with you there,one of my all time fav funny films.
excellent cast inc billy murray,woody harrelson,randy quaid :D

dortie
13/07/2004, 4:01 PM
Yer one jessica beil ( :confused: ) carries the film, jesus she is just amazing !

Shes a bit of a princess alright, especially in the tight top. If i was old leather face id have captured her and made her breakfast every morning.
Decent flick for a remake.

De Town
13/07/2004, 4:38 PM
Shrek 2 was class. Troy and Day after tomorrow were a total waste of time.

dortie
13/07/2004, 6:45 PM
Wrong Turn is a good one for horror buffs, sort of Deliverance/Southern Comfort with cannibalism.

Went to the cinema one friday i was off and wandered into that one, had no idea what it was about, but as you say it was a decent flick. If your into southern inbreds and their madness, go for it.

A face
13/07/2004, 6:54 PM
intermission .... delish man, delish !! :rolleyes:

eoinh
13/07/2004, 7:04 PM
If your into southern inbreds and their madness, go for it.

Are you having a go at us? :p

dortie
14/07/2004, 8:11 AM
Are you having a go at us? :p

Nah Eoin, Only Donegal and Dublin ;)

the 12 th man
16/07/2004, 7:22 AM
godsend:
thriller with a small t,deniro shows up for the dosh and not much else.
very dissapointing.

intermission:first time to see it,very entertaining but that colm meaney is sh1te.

liam88
16/07/2004, 10:58 AM
Just seen;
Matchstick Men (DVD)-Funny, light, class twist, worth a watch, good film
Spiderman 2 (Cinema)-Good action/humour, accurate to the Marvel comic if you ever read any of them, enjoyable, worth seeing

Closed Account 2
17/07/2004, 12:04 AM
Well i watch a few foreign language films to try and keep the languages up, the following are all good films ive seen recently... :-

- La Haine (French) ~ about city life in Paris
- Run Lola Run (German) ~ one start, 3 different endings (like "Go")
- Malena (Italian) ~ Sicily in WWII
- No Man's Land (Serbo-Croat) ~ A funny take on the Bosnia crisis.
- La Vita e Bella (Italian)
- City of God ~ Crime problems in Rio

The Sopranos is good too, I think thats on DVD (but its a series).

the 12 th man
17/07/2004, 9:17 AM
speaking of foreign films.
"devdas" is brilliant.its about 3 hours long set in india and the soundtrack/score is mesmorising.

Ruairi
17/07/2004, 11:18 AM
I saw xXx on telly the other night, what a crock of sh!t