PDA

View Full Version : Rovers at home!!

Green&whitearmy
04/10/2011, 9:43 AM
So if we dont get messed around by refs on sunday can we get a win against rovers again? It was a very good result in derry on friday and we probably would've got something from the game in tallaght if shane was'nt sent off.
If we beat rovers it could possibly end their title ambitions... :D

Roo69
04/10/2011, 2:46 PM
So if we dont get messed around by refs on sunday can we get a win against rovers again? It was a very good result in derry on friday and we probably would've got something from the game in tallaght if shane was'nt sent off.
If we beat rovers it could possibly end their title ambitions... :D

Mixed bag for us over the past few weeks but we are playing better than over the previous few months.

Rovers won't like the idea of having to come to the Carlisle on Sunday knowing they must win. We always tend to have a say in the title run in and i think we could well get a result on Sunday.

Grey Boy
07/10/2011, 10:31 AM
I'm going for a home win but still think they'll (Shamrock Rovers) will win the league. Theres a few twists and turns ahead yet.

Seagull
07/10/2011, 1:26 PM
Jake Kelly and Adam Mitchell are suspended for Sunday. Hopefully Devo can work his voodoo on Rovers again, love to see Sligo win this League.

hoops1
10/10/2011, 10:57 AM
Think we just about deserved the 3 points yesterday. Its always a real dog fight out there.

Roo69
10/10/2011, 2:38 PM
Think we just about deserved the 3 points yesterday. Its always a real dog fight out there.

You had more of the ball but i think we actually looked more dangerous when we worked our way up field the odd time. Devo got his tactis spot on against you again i felt. Completely frustrated Rovers all afternoon and you really didn't look like scoring again until the mistake of not clearing the ball. After we scored we were on top for a nice bit and should have went 2-1 up but for a brilliant Sives (i think) block just off the line.

I defo think we deserved a draw but won't complain with the result as it was our own fault for being so stupid at the back so late in the same

KK77
10/10/2011, 2:58 PM
Didn't get to this game but the reporter on eastcoast radio said Rovers played the better football and fully deserved the 3 points.

Seagull
10/10/2011, 3:05 PM
Really, a draw would have been a fair result but it's because Rovers can win games like yesterdays that they're going for back-to-back titles. McCabe's lob was stunning, huge relief when it came back off the post. Rovers celebrated like they'd won the title at the end...

Grey Boy
10/10/2011, 6:51 PM
From where I was looking thought Rovers fully deserved the win. Would have been delighted if we had taken something from the game. Looking at the likes of Rice, Ricketts, Kilduff and so on running the touchline as potential subs they really have assembled some squad. Some achievement to have taken 6 points off them this season.