PDA

View Full Version : Just Follow The Floodlights - Best Website

writerbk1969
01/10/2011, 10:28 PM
Hi lads;

There are a couple of awards being handed out when the book is launched this month..one of them is for Best Club Website. I've collected a lot of info and came up with a dozen or more websites that were preferred but basically you could pick any of 10.
Whats yours? (i know a lot of people say there own but after asking over 300 odd people you'd be surprised)

From a personal point of view I'd pick Finn Harps...or UCD...or Rovers...or Pats etc!

bullit
01/10/2011, 10:36 PM
Hi lads;

There are a couple of awards being handed out when the book is launched this month..one of them is for Best Club Website. I've collected a lot of info and came up with a dozen or more websites that were preferred but basically you could pick any of 10.
Whats yours? (i know a lot of people say there own but after asking over 300 odd people you'd be surprised)

From a personal point of view I'd pick Finn Harps...or UCD...or Rovers...or Pats etc!

Without a doubt DundalkFC.com
No bias, (lol) but it is just superb.

Longfordian
01/10/2011, 10:40 PM
I'd say Dundalk as well. Pats and Shamrock Rovers are decent too,
informative. Ours is going to be upgraded in the off season I believe.

writerbk1969
01/10/2011, 10:47 PM
The top sites I can work out from info from fans at the 21 grounds were from Dundalk, Finn Harps, Rovers, and UCD with honourable mentions to a half a dozen more including Sligo Rovers, Drogheda and Derry. But as I said theere's about a dozen which is why through here and the facebook page and linked sites I want to find a definitive winner

Jofspring
01/10/2011, 11:02 PM
Haven't been on all of them but Dundalks is very good, as are Cork and Mervues(plenty of info on all teams). I know it's our own one but I think limerickfc.ie is very professional looking and well laid out.

writerbk1969
01/10/2011, 11:18 PM
Fair dues the Limerick one is good to. Mind you I cant seem to get any of the fans on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Follow-The-Floodlights/102389203203426?ref=ts&sk=wall

If there about tell em to pop in !

Longfordian
01/10/2011, 11:22 PM
One of the mods may put up a poll so. Like I said above Dundalk gets my vote!

bullit
01/10/2011, 11:27 PM
One of the mods may put up a poll so. Like I said above Dundalk gets my vote!
Aye,poll it as right,fairest way to go.

writerbk1969
01/10/2011, 11:31 PM
Spot on- lets hope they do!

Mr Maroon
02/10/2011, 12:12 AM
Dundalk's is by far the best I've seen.

Youths4Ever
02/10/2011, 1:55 PM
Dundalk and Limerick both good sites but with a little biased the new features gone into Wexford new website this year make it one of the better websites in the league http://www.wexfordyouthsfc.ie/

writerbk1969
02/10/2011, 8:29 PM
I like the Wexford one too

El-Pietro
02/10/2011, 8:42 PM
i think the wexford site looks very unprofessional, and is basically something you'd expect an AUL team to have for their site.

Dundalk, Derry, UCD, Cork City, Shamrock Rovers all have very good sites, at least from a visual point of view.

Guinney
02/10/2011, 9:59 PM
Hands down its Dundalks. Not being biased but Keith Wallace does a great job. Great match updates, match reports up straight after the matches, good match build ups, interviews and so on. Also not being biased but I'd say we have the best programme in the league aswell.

Now all we need is to get a team that can match the website and programme :P I'll be waiting a long while.

Apart from us Pats and Shamrock Rovers have decent websites.

Martinho II
02/10/2011, 11:23 PM
from my limited knowledge it has to be dundalk with the amount of interviews and news that is regularly updated.. as for the rest I dont be on them enough to comment..

nigel-harps1954
03/10/2011, 1:13 PM
Harps website got a massive update this year and no harm to Dundalk (whos website I think looks class) but Harps site looks outstanding at the minute.

writerbk1969
03/10/2011, 3:11 PM
gotta agree -its solid

El-Pietro
03/10/2011, 4:56 PM
Hi lads;
...I've collected a lot of info and came up with a dozen or more websites that were preferred but basically you could pick any of 10.
.... From a personal point of view I'd pick Finn Harps...or UCD...or Rovers...or Pats etc!

The top sites I can work out from info from fans at the 21 grounds were from Dundalk, Finn Harps, Rovers, and UCD with honourable mentions to a half a dozen more including Sligo Rovers, Drogheda and Derry.

Fair dues the Limerick one is good to.

I like the Wexford one too

gotta agree -its solid

Is there any site you don't like?

Jofspring
03/10/2011, 5:02 PM
Fair dues the Limerick one is good to. Mind you I cant seem to get any of the fans on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Follow-The-Floodlights/102389203203426?ref=ts&sk=wall

If there about tell em to pop in !

Liked it last week myself so there is one anyway.....some very good pics and updates.

Received the book in the post today, it looks very good, FairPlay.

bullit
03/10/2011, 5:41 PM
Is there any site you don't like?

LOL
If you are trying to sell a book to a LOI audience then you have to fairly diplomatic.

harry crumb
03/10/2011, 7:02 PM
Don't like the Cork one anymore.

Design is awkward to navigate and it lacks content of previous incarnations.

L.T.F.C.
03/10/2011, 7:04 PM
So many crimes against the internet on Wexford Youths page.

writerbk1969
03/10/2011, 9:51 PM
Course there is a few websites need a good overhaul. One of them I couldn't seem to get a full fixture list for the season on the page , and that should never happen. I won't say who...I'm sure they will figure it out by looking at it :)

redobit
04/10/2011, 12:10 PM
Im not sure how the Sligo Rovers website matches up against other clubs website. But I would say it must easily be the most improved club website. It has come on leaps and bounds in a short space of time, looks fantastic and is a credit to the lads who keep it going.

pineapple stu
04/10/2011, 12:42 PM
In fairness, there shouldn't be any excuse these days for not having a decent-looking website - it's surely easy enough to get a good template up. The days of something like this (http://web.archive.org/web/20030822123549/http://www.ucd.ie/soccer/) should be long gone!

Content is more the marker of a good site, I think. You need more than just match preview/match report, which some sites have. A bit of club news, a YouTube link, a proper news archive - stuff like that isn't on a fair few sites and would improve them.

Dunny
04/10/2011, 12:50 PM
Pfft, our website is better than yours.. :D