PDA

View Full Version : we have a chance!

one_bounce
12/07/2004, 3:50 PM
got this reply from a nantes supporter on the hattrick forum....looks like they are a mess at the mo...we can do this!
ps. anyone here with a hattrick team?

i'm very happy about your win, and welcome to Nantes ! ;)

our team is not in the best form right now (we have lost 0-2 last friday against a swiss second division team), but we have made physical training last week.

The other problem we will face, is that we have allready lost the player leaving the club, but the one who come to replace them are still not in Nantes :(
(the only one who is there, the paraguayan national team player Caceres has no player licence at this time).
Our goal-keeper, Landreau (3rd french goal at the Euro come back from holiday only this week, and same for our number 10, Yapi)

But, still will we be 11 on the ground, and we can count on our very good youth (Nantes is the best youth centre in France.. players like Makelele, dessailly or Deschamps have started to play here).

In a normal case, i would say that Cork has probably no chance (without knowing the team), but at this time, and with your good result before, you surely have. ;)

liamon
12/07/2004, 4:12 PM

our team is not in the best form right now (we have lost 0-2 last friday against a swiss second division team), ...
Osam is doubtful. :rolleyes:
The French league is good and they must be ok to have finished 5th last year.

Having sad that, I don't see why we can't give them a decent game. If JOF can continue to recover his fitness and we play like we did on Sunday, we've got a chance.

Éanna
12/07/2004, 4:34 PM
a friend of mine works with a french guy who supports olympique marseille- he brought him along, and apparently the guy reckons we have a good chance. nantes have lost a few key players. also, looking at stats in france football magazine- nantes smallest home crowd last season was 26000- average around 30000!!! big step up

Ali-G
12/07/2004, 6:57 PM
I was at a match there during the world cup in 98. Chile V Cameroon. I even met some other people wearing City jerseys at that match. Fantastic Stadium, obviously since it held world cup matches. Wish I could go, but I'm stuck in exile.

adamcarr
12/07/2004, 9:44 PM
ps. anyone here with a hattrick team?
I am, my team is called CCFC1984! :)

one_bounce
13/07/2004, 12:32 PM
some more info from the nantes guy......

and i repeat that Nantes will not have his best team..
so i personally take Cork very seriously.

Nantes player missing, if you compare to last year :

- Landreau, gk, back from the Euro and holidays on thursday

- Armand, left defender (2 times in france nat. team) : left to Paris

- Yepes, cd, columbian nat team : left to Paris

- Yapi, playmaker, nat team of Ivory coast, back from holiday on thursday

- Moldovan, striker, romanian nat team, left to Switzerland

there are other movements (Ziani, Vahirua) or injurie (Pujol), but not concerning key-players...

but every body can see, we are missing the half of our team, our 3 best strikers, and the other half has started with the training to shortly before, that they can have a good form.