PDA

View Full Version : where to next???

phillyla*ger
12/07/2004, 3:36 PM
So a huge result on sunday, great stuff. Ive been away for a few years but was a regular at the cross a while back. When i was back last year i took in a league game and the thing that struck me was how the whole appearance has become far more professional. The cross is a nice compact ground now, compare it to say the infamous final day loss to Dundalk in '91. not that long ago when only the shed was standing and no seats anywhere. There was also never any real prospect of progressing in Europe and everyone expected as much. Still there was moments like the 1-1 draw with Bayern over in Musgrave, but nobody realistically expected us to progress.
My question is has the whole league progressed or is it just the top half of the premier? Cork could and should have regular crowds of 7-8,000, but part of the problem has always been so many jump ship unless the team is relatively successful. Even more recently there were crowds of less than 500 showing up during that b***S**t in bishopstown. Are those days gone??
The league as a whole should be lookin to get regular representation in the early group stages of the champions league, say like Norway's clubs. Do ye think this could happen in the next few years?
From the outside the future looks good and ill be watchin with interest to see how the other el clubs do in the next few weeks. All look to have well winnable draws. What dye think?

pete
13/07/2004, 10:34 AM
City haven't really had any success in recent yeasr but would have core 3k support now. Match day at the cross is much improved & very well organsied now too.

League may look more professional but overall crowds are not up at all.