PDA

View Full Version : Mervue Away!!

Shannonsider
29/09/2011, 3:57 PM
A must win!!

Simple as.

With Monaghan playing Shels away 3 points here for us and they are under pressure if Shels win.

I'm predicting a 2-1 win to Limerick with Gaffney and Behan the scorers.

thomas72
29/09/2011, 6:57 PM
HAs anyone a link to directions to mervues place link would be great.

KevB76
29/09/2011, 7:21 PM
When you arrive in to Galway at start counting roundabouts after the Oranmore turn off; go straight through the first two roundabouts (the 2nd one being where the Maldron hotel is), and take the first exit at the next (3rd roundabout) - continue along this road, you will eventually come to another roundabout, go staight across, then you are looking for the 2nd right hander off this road, its into a housing estate...
when you have turned onto this road, you want to take the 5th street between the houses along the left hand side, you will see the clubhouase from the top of the street...

harpin
30/09/2011, 12:17 PM
Any fresh injuries for this evening?

Shi**y weather, away from home let's hope for the 3 points don't think anybodys worried about the performance at this stage of the season

Jofspring
30/09/2011, 12:52 PM
Any fresh injuries for this evening?

Shi**y weather, away from home let's hope for the 3 points don't think anybodys worried about the performance at this stage of the season

It's fairly open up there also so it could be very windy also. As usual I'd take a scrappy 1-0. Points on the board and keeping the momentum going is all that counts.

thomas72
30/09/2011, 1:31 PM
It's fairly open up there also so it could be very windy also. As usual I'd take a scrappy 1-0. Points on the board and keeping the momentum going is all that counts.

HAve they even a stand up there suppose to be belting down?

gael353
30/09/2011, 1:40 PM
bring umbrellas and buy the rain pants that are in aldi at the moment. Its like the fairgreen

Jofspring
30/09/2011, 3:15 PM
HAve they even a stand up there suppose to be belting down?

As Gael says it's like the fairgreen....don't get me wrong it's a great set up but is open to the eliminates, similar in that sense to most of Jackman I suppose. Hopefully the rain can hold off later.

jaorta
30/09/2011, 8:09 PM
:(looks after an hour we are in big trouble...Cork n Mons winning and we 0-0

thomas72
30/09/2011, 9:20 PM
good win tonight but IMO i reckon its over we needed shels to beat mons tonight o well whats another year :(

francesco_1
30/09/2011, 9:53 PM
fair play to mons when the pressure was on they got the results. you cant depend on teams doing favours thats why you need to be beating teams like salthill at home.

Jofspring
30/09/2011, 11:14 PM
fair play to mons when the pressure was on they got the results. you cant depend on teams doing favours thats why you need to be beating teams like salthill at home.

good win tonight but IMO i reckon its over we needed shels to beat mons tonight o well whats another year :(

Most likely over but Mons will be looking to win the league now. If they beat Cork on Tuesday then we are level on points with Cork with the same amount of games played. The goal difference is killing us but if we keep winning and Cork slip up at all we could snatch 3rd, add into that Shels will be playing the last day of the season against Cork which may be a title decider. Its still hard to call how it will finish up.

On recent performances (not just results) I have to say Cork, Monaghan and Shels are all probably better than us.

LFC-Zulu
30/09/2011, 11:50 PM
Davin O'Neill was taken off tonight after half an hour; most likely missing Tuesday.
Derek O'Brien was also stretchered off tonight.
Mons will be extremely tough to break down and I can see 'em getting a win in Cork. If they win, Cork are level with us as Jof said. People need to stop being pessimistic now. If we win our games, Cork need to win against Shels on the last day. Think about it.

Mons beat Cork, Cork draw with Shels - route one.
Cork beats Mons, Mons draw with a very organised, bogie team in Mervue.

Both of these are based on the idea that we win our four games.

leedsfan88
01/10/2011, 3:59 AM
hey lads, just looking at the league table on the official site and it looks wrong...on aertel, limerick site its different from the one on the airtricity league site, where it seems that mon's have been awarded an extra 4 points?

bluewhitearmy
01/10/2011, 10:26 AM
http://extratime.ie/leagues/2011/101/

The table there is right.

We are still in with a chance the aim is still the same win our last 3 games and see where we end up at the end...Hoping for Mons win on Tuesday now.

wonder88
01/10/2011, 11:17 AM
What is your weekly wage bill these days ? It must be double or treble what Monaghan's is. Just shows what a great manager Roddy is compared to the guy ye have.

bluewhitearmy
01/10/2011, 12:01 PM
What is your weekly wage bill these days ? It must be double or treble what Monaghan's is. Just shows what a great manager Roddy is compared to the guy ye have.

6.5 Million paid out a week and thats not including anyone other then Denis Behan,Joe Gamble and the kitman.

Jofspring
01/10/2011, 12:13 PM

Monaghan have built a strong team over a number of years. Roddy is doing a great job but he doesn't deserve all the credit.

da bishop
01/10/2011, 6:57 PM
actually roddy does deserve all the credit,certainly manager of the season in the 1st div,mons have turned over most of last years squad who almost made it,their present squad is rather limited to say the least assembled on a crap budget..yet the manager has them performing well above station,they could well punch above even last seasons heights yet.good result for us in mervue,no surprise in that though scullys setup ideal away from home.

kingpin4
01/10/2011, 7:19 PM
Anyone know the different permutations/possibilities and results that need to go in our favour to go up? Far too lazy to work them out myself. Thanks in advance

Jofspring
01/10/2011, 7:29 PM
actually roddy does deserve all the credit,certainly manager of the season in the 1st div,mons have turned over most of last years squad who almost made it,their present squad is rather limited to say the least assembled on a crap budget..yet the manager has them performing well above station,they could well punch above even last seasons heights yet.good result for us in mervue,no surprise in that though scullys setup ideal away from home.

The majority of the current team was there when he arrived but as I say he has still done a great job.

When you think about it though Monaghan, Cork and Shels have had nowhere near the amount of injuries we have had and for us to still be in touching distance is a decent feat by us. Take Sean Brennan, Ryan Brennan, Sava and 1 or two more key players out of the Mons team, take Davin O NEill, Graham Cummins, Shane Duggan and a few more from Cork and then take Conan Byrne, David Cassidy, Paisley and Philly Hughes from the Shels team and just think about the affect that would have had on all those teams.

Jofspring
01/10/2011, 7:39 PM
Anyone know the different permutations/possibilities and results that need to go in our favour to go up? Far too lazy to work them out myself. Thanks in advance

A load of them up on the Premier and First Division section.

Basically we need a miracle. Mons beating Cork Tuesday would be a good place to start but even at that our goal difference is killing us.

bluewhitearmy
01/10/2011, 9:25 PM
A load of them up on the Premier and First Division section.

Basically we need a miracle. Mons beating Cork Tuesday would be a good place to start but even at that our goal difference is killing us.

If Mons beat them we need to win 3 and Cork need to draw one of their last 3.

sadloserkid
01/10/2011, 10:17 PM
If Mons beat them we need to win 3 and Cork need to draw one of their last 3.

Not wholly accurate. If Monaghan beat Cork then we'd need to get better results than Cork in our last three. Wouldn't necessarily require three wins depending on how they do. If they were to lose one of their games (say against Shels on the last day) then two wins and a draw would suffice for us. In the unlikely event of Cork losing all four of their remaining games we'd only need one point from our remaining games to finish third.

bluewhitearmy
01/10/2011, 10:52 PM
Not wholly accurate. If Monaghan beat Cork then we'd need to get better results than Cork in our last three. Wouldn't necessarily require three wins depending on how they do. If they were to lose one of their games (say against Shels on the last day) then two wins and a draw would suffice for us. In the unlikely event of Cork losing all four of their remaining games we'd only need one point from our remaining games to finish third.

Hadnt thought of it like that. I was just thinking that if they lost to Mons Shels would be the only other team to beat them but you would never know what would happen.

sadloserkid
02/10/2011, 9:39 AM
Hadnt thought of it like that. I was just thinking that if they lost to Mons Shels would be the only other team to beat them but you would never know what would happen.

It'll probably pan out with us needing three wins anyway given Cork's current form but there's definitely room for more surprises yet. One freak result could make the whole thing change again. If Waterford could even manage a draw with Shels on Friday it'd be a great result for us too depending on Cork-Mons on Tuesday as it could leave Shels needing a win on the last day, making things harder for Cork. So many permutations. :)

bluewhitearmy
02/10/2011, 11:18 AM
No matter what happens its great being involved this late...Not like previous years with 12-13 games to go and we know we have nothing to play for.

sadloserkid
02/10/2011, 4:59 PM
No matter what happens its great being involved this late...Not like previous years with 12-13 games to go and we know we have nothing to play for.

Agreed!

gspain
03/10/2011, 7:52 AM
Tough to bring Shels to the last day.

Remember we need to beat Monaghan which will hand Shels the title if we do. If we don't then it is over anyway.

I want a draw tomorrow night. Still need another draw from Cork OR another defeat for Monaghan. Maybe Mervue you never know.

Worst result is a Cork win as we won't catch them then and then have to hope for a Monaghan draw elsewhere.