PDA

View Full Version : Nantes Home leg 24th July?

paudie
12/07/2004, 2:10 PM
Cork hurlers will be playing in the All-Ireland QF on sunday 25th July so it would make sense to play the Nantes game on the Saturday evening 24th.

That would probably be the preferred time anyway since Friday is out.

paudie
12/07/2004, 4:07 PM
Cork GAA fans travel to a few games a year. The munster final and All-Ireland final are big days. Believe me you won't get many cork people travelling up the country to see them play Antrim in a qualifier....It won't affect City. It probably won't even be on TV. The Cross will be full for Nantes game.

Absolutely right. There'll be a very small Cork crowd at the hurling.

It would be a shame though if the two games clashed so that City fans couldn't even watch the hurling on TV.

I think both hurling quarter finals are always shown live.

Gandhi
12/07/2004, 4:13 PM
I'll be absolutely gutted if the Nantes match is on the Saturday, I won't be able to make it if that's the case. I'd make it back to Cork in time for a Sunday afternoon kick off alright.
I don't think anyone should be too upset at the thought of missing Cork V Antrim in the hurling, let's face it, it's unlikely to be a classic

Eric
12/07/2004, 5:00 PM
Cork hurling always gets big support regardless of who they are playing. It would def be a better option to play the City game on the Saturday

yiddo
12/07/2004, 5:28 PM
Lads,
Don't be talking about h*rling ! Some of the puritans on the board don't like any mention of h*rling or r*gby ball on this forum :D ;) :D

PS Hope City game is on Saturday so that I can go to see the h*rling on the Sunday !

joe
12/07/2004, 5:48 PM
looks like the home leg is on saturday at 7pm. tickets on sale by the end of the week.

eastcork
13/07/2004, 6:47 AM
i think its great to see so many hurling supporters at the city game last sunday. I saw aload of cork gaa jerseys which is great. Long may it continue.

NorthoftheLee
13/07/2004, 8:32 AM
looks like the home leg is on saturday at 7pm. tickets on sale by the end of the week.

Will the club be bring tickets with them to france for the fans over to get? If they go on sale at the weekend hten we'll all be in france and will miss out while teh once/twice a year brigade snap them all up....

thecorner
13/07/2004, 9:11 AM
Will the club be bring tickets with them to france for the fans over to get? If they go on sale at the weekend hten we'll all be in france and will miss out while teh once/twice a year brigade snap them all up....

i sent them an e-mail about this and got no reply

the rest of the board that are travelling should follow suit

just mailed them again

NorthoftheLee
13/07/2004, 9:30 AM
I'll do the same....

thecorner
13/07/2004, 9:54 AM
just got this reply

Not sure if the tickets will be printed to be available in time to make the team flight to Nantes. However, as with the last two games we will take credit card bookings. Ring us later in the week and we will have firm dates for when tickets will be available

The Donie Forde
13/07/2004, 11:40 AM

That's been confirmed for me this morning, Joe.

Donie

thecorner
13/07/2004, 11:48 AM
just recieved this mail from the club

We are not going to be selling the tickets in France, sorry. Credit card bookings can be made starting tomorrow.

Shelsman
13/07/2004, 12:40 PM
But did they say what day/time it was on???

thecorner
13/07/2004, 12:42 PM
But did they say what day/time it was on???

saturday at 7

Gandhi
13/07/2004, 12:44 PM
Looks like it's the Saturday evening so...aaaggghhh, now I have a choice between missing City's biggest match for years or letting a buddy down when I promised to do something on the Saturday (miles and miles away from cork, not a HOPE of making it back in time for the game :( )
I can completely understand where City are coming from though, it makes sense from their point of view to avoid a clash with the hurling if at all possible. It would be great if some of the 'visitors' got into the habit of coming more regularly to the Cross

thecorner
13/07/2004, 12:53 PM
Looks like it's the Saturday evening so...aaaggghhh, now I have a choice between missing City's biggest match for years or letting a buddy down when I promised to do something on the Saturday (miles and miles away from cork,

i reckon ur buddy will understand

Shelsman
13/07/2004, 12:59 PM
i reckon ur buddy will understand

Yeah, what kind of buddy would insist you miss what could well turn out to be Cork City's most important game of all time?

pete
13/07/2004, 1:18 PM
Evening kick off with some match possibly under lights will be good.

paudie
13/07/2004, 4:23 PM
Evening kick off with some match possibly under lights will be good.

Was hoping the match would be 7.30 or 7.45 kickoff so that a good bit of it would be under lights.

City have never played a euro game under lights at home so looking forward to it even more.

tiktok
13/07/2004, 8:18 PM
Says on corkcityfootie that Uriah Rennie is the Ref for the game, at least it's a ref that won't put up with 'gamesmanship'.

sullanefc
13/07/2004, 11:47 PM
Says on corkcityfootie that Uriah Rennie is the Ref for the game, at least it's a ref that won't put up with 'gamesmanship'.

Exactly right, and I reckon the French will have a lot of that going on. But who's reffing the tie in France cos thats where they'll win a lot of decisions.