PDA

View Full Version : Emerging players - reasons to be cheerful

bwagner
26/09/2011, 4:55 PM
Im bored to bits in work so here goes:

Premier league debuts for Matt Doherty and Micheal Harriman for Wolves and QPR.
Forde from Wolves getting carling cup game time.

Burke and Keane making the bench for Aston Villa and Man utd in the carling cup.

Bradys run at Hull
Kearns making his debut for Peterborough
Shane Duffy impressive run for the irons.

Derby regulars Mark O' Brien and Jeff Hendrick ( 2 goals in last 2 games)
Barton and Devine at Preston.
Collins 3 goals in last 2 games ( incl goal against Arsenal )

George making the bench in europe and playing in the cup for Celtic.

Aidan White nailing down left back spot for Leeds.

O'Kane playing well (lower league granted)

Sheridan back in the goals
Towell playing at Hibs

Charlie Collins getting some game time and Mk Dons

Scannel has got a great start to the season

Shane Bryne at Bury ( loan from Leicester)
James Berret playing good stuff at Carlise

Aidan O' Brien played for Millwall last week.

And finally the lads at Shamrock rovers.... any taughts or add ons guys!!

Its great to see all these young players doing well.

TrapAPony
26/09/2011, 5:19 PM
Enda Stevens getting a move to Aston Villa
David Meyler back in reserve team action

theworm2345
26/09/2011, 5:45 PM
If the footballing gods who watched over Messrs. McCarthy, Meyler, Coleman, Cunningham, Clark, etc., etc., etc., are reading this, he really means that there is no cause for hope because all of these players are ****. Thank you.

Sullivinho
26/09/2011, 7:17 PM
Hendrick, Brady and Doherty are the three I'm most familiar with, earning plaudits from managers and fans alike. Reasons to be cheerful indeed. If we get half a dozen internationals out of that list it'l be a great return.

If the footballing gods who watched over Messrs. McCarthy, Meyler, Coleman, Cunningham, Clark, etc., etc., etc., are reading this, he really means that there is no cause for hope because all of these players are ****. Thank you.

Yeah, move along ye deities of young, Irish footballing talent. Nothing to see here.

IsMiseSean
26/09/2011, 8:55 PM
If we can't be cheerful when we've got a great chance of qualifying for a major tournament, then I hate to see what it would be like if we were as bad as the North...

gastric
26/09/2011, 9:35 PM
And there are many more. Roberts, McDermott and Henderson at Arsenal, McGinty at Utd and Forde at Wolves are others capable of making the big breakthrough. Certainly reasons to be cheerful as Ian Dury would have said!

Yard of Pace
26/09/2011, 10:11 PM
"Donaldo" (as he's been christened by the fans) McDermott, ex of Man City is doing well at Huddersfield. I'd have high hopes he can do a Pilks and get to the Premier League.

CraftyToePoke
27/09/2011, 2:00 AM
Joe Mason at Cardiff worth a mention maybe, seeing some game time after his move from Plymouth and always in the matchday squad at least. Seems to be well regarded by fans of his new club, already at a decent standard and sized club with plenty time to improve.

bwagner
27/09/2011, 7:37 AM
Sean Murray of Watford played on Saturday also guys. John Joe O'Toole back doing well and Jamie Devitt playing at Bradford

Crosby87
27/09/2011, 11:01 AM
Would you lay a bet that none of the first list ever plays for Ireland?

pineapple stu
27/09/2011, 11:03 AM
Well one already has played (Sheridan).

CraftyToePoke
27/09/2011, 11:32 AM

I'd say at present O'Brien and Brady are looking most likely but several will earn senior caps Id wager, (as it were).

tetsujin1979
27/09/2011, 12:39 PM
Scannell has a B cap under Trapattoni, and was in the first training squad to Portugal

Kingdom
27/09/2011, 3:36 PM
Brady is nailed on to get a cap. I reckon he's going to be pushing hard for a spot in the Euro 2012 squad.

Charlie Darwin
27/09/2011, 7:41 PM
Have we qualified already?

youngirish
27/09/2011, 8:07 PM

When did we become Brazil in that young players playing regularly in the Championship have no chance of getting into our team even for a meaningless friendly?

paul_oshea
27/09/2011, 9:05 PM
I think he was hinting at injuries and loss of form based on previous aspirations YI.

Not that these players aren't potentially good enough to play for us.

Good to see you around again.

Crosby87
28/09/2011, 12:06 AM
Yeah I hope they all work out, it just seems like the players are talked about before anyone has seen them much and sometimes I feel like I have been taken a bit. I do rely on the people on here to give honest scouting reports. Maybe Im being naive. Terry Dixon for example was raved about and I remember seeing him for the first time thinking, Come on this is the kid they were gushing about? Probably half had never seen him play.

Kingdom
28/09/2011, 7:45 AM
Have we qualified already?

C'mon CD there was a bit of t-i-c there!

DeLorean
29/09/2011, 3:36 PM
Derby regulars Mark O' Brien and Jeff Hendrick ( 2 goals in last 2 games)

I have a friend over who's a DC season ticket holder and he is talking really highly of these two guys. Of course, Hendrick is exempt from critisism forever more after his winner at the City Ground!

They are playing local rivals Leicester this Saturday on TV (5:20pm). The pubs will have it as there is no late PL kickoff. Looking forward to watching them.

Stuttgart88
02/10/2011, 12:01 PM
Scannell was excellent in the win over Brighton I hear. Marc Tierney was excellent at OT yesterday acc to the papers I read. Pilkington was prominent but should have scored.

DeLorean
03/10/2011, 8:20 AM
I have a friend over who's a DC season ticket holder and he is talking really highly of these two guys. Of course, Hendrick is exempt from critisism forever more after his winner at the City Ground!

They are playing local rivals Leicester this Saturday on TV (5:20pm). The pubs will have it as there is no late PL kickoff. Looking forward to watching them.

Not a good day for Derby, losing 4-0. O'Brien had a tough time of it against David Nugent while Hendrick was very lucky not to be sent off for a pretty dirty tackle on Darius Vassell.

davegaasports
03/10/2011, 12:56 PM
I think Robbie Brady will deffo make it. I'm liking hendrick also. Why does trap now pick any of the Norwich trio?