PDA

View Full Version : Even the Sun are jumping on the Band Wagon !

Roo69
12/07/2004, 10:17 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004320284,00.html

Great Match report !

Oh yeah, and fair fcuks to ya's lads ! Absolutey brilliant result, fingers crossed for the next round

Gandhi
12/07/2004, 11:56 AM
for reasons already mentioned on this and many other forums
DON'T BUY THE S*N :mad:
and I think that extends to visiting their website
doesn't matter what's in it
plenty of other papers to read besides buying that rag

good article on the S*n from a different paper
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1258627,00.html

Roo69
12/07/2004, 1:29 PM
for reasons already mentioned on this and many other forums
DON'T BUY THE S*N :mad:
and I think that extends to visiting their website
doesn't matter what's in it
plenty of other papers to read besides buying that rag

good article on the S*n from a different paper
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,1563,1258627,00.html

I will buy any paper that gives any coverage, no matter how big or small, to the eL. I take it that your refering to the Hillsbourgh tragedy and the comments they made ? Run by a totally different set of people now, who had nothing to do with what was printed back all thoese years ago. All rags are the same - S*it !

Flynninio
12/07/2004, 1:31 PM
the sun is better than the mirror as they dont do any reports on fri games in there sat edition

Peadar
12/07/2004, 1:34 PM
The Sun have always given us great coverage.
Fair play to them.
Great spread after the NEC away game.

Edgey
12/07/2004, 1:46 PM
I will buy any paper that gives any coverage, no matter how big or small, to the eL. I take it that your refering to the Hillsbourgh tragedy and the comments they made ? Run by a totally different set of people now, who had nothing to do with what was printed back all thoese years ago. All rags are the same - S*it !

The damage the s*n did to football fans and their families was irreparable. They have never once made a genuine attempt to remedy this. They couldn't even hide their greed in the "apology" last week. There are 96 excellent reasons no football fan should support that rag.

ccfcman
12/07/2004, 1:47 PM
Great spread after the NEC away game.
was that a good spread on the third page>?? :p

DolansWaistcoat
12/07/2004, 1:54 PM
I personally never buy the sun because it's sh!t like all the rags but it is good to see them taking an interest in the el and Cork City.Good long piece in the article,pity they didn't say more about the great atmosphere at the game though.

Gandhi
12/07/2004, 1:58 PM

No disrespect Roo69 but that "totally different set of people" got themselves in the news again last week by showing that even if some of the personnel have changed their attitude is still offensive. Instead of an unconditional apology over their original coverage they decided to have a go at a lot of people. 'Apology'? Not really. Anyway it's still owned by exactly the same bloke isn't it. And editorial policy is under his control. So it's a shame to see any football supporter buying the S*n, the only regret they seem to have over their coverage of Hillsborough is that it has cost them a lot of money because of football supporters boycotting their filthy rag. As for Hillsborough being 15 years ago people are still waiting for the enquiry to be re opened so the real truth can go on official record. I don't think the number of years matters, it's the principle of the thing that does. I'm sure you'd want justice for the Birmingham Six etc if they were still in prison, or child molesters to be sentenced even if their offences were 20 years ago, not to mention the re opening of the Dublin bombing enquiry even though that was 30 years ago.
So it's a cop out, really, to say that it's ok to buy it because they give the eircom league good coverage. A small bit more solidarity with yer fellow football fans is called for in this case