PDA

View Full Version : Limerick

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:10 PM
No lack of effort from the Youths tonight but a dreadful vulnerability every time the ball came into the box, particularly in the air, resulted in comfortable win for a powerful home team. With Packie back, Wexford started 4-5-1 with Packie, Mark, Murt, Karl, Shane N., Grinny, Danny, Shane D., Patsy, Ben and Tom up front on his own. Limerick started the better with a strong breeze and, after five, Behan was able to turn on a ball in the box but couldn't keep it on target. After ten, Shane set up a good move down the right but the shot by Tom from the cross was blocked. After fifteen, a cross from Shane N. from the left was bundled into the net by Tom but he was blown up for fouling Barry Ryan in the Limerick goal.

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:27 PM
After twenty, Jeffrey Judge got the first for Limerick when Wexford could only clear a cross centrally to just outside the box and it was nicely put away top right although it might have have taken a slight deflection on the way. With twenty-five gone, Behan picked up a yellow for a tackle on Karl and then Judge got his second, identical to the first, when Wexford again could only clear to just outside the box in a central position and he hit it low left this time for 2-0. The Youths appealed that Shane N. had been blocked from trying to clear but the ref. waved it away and Danny picked up a yellow for dissent. Judge then picked up a yellow for a tackle and, with ten to go, Rory Gaffney couldn't find any of the oncoming Limerick runners inside the box after good work.

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:30 PM
With two minutes to go in the half, Wexford's vulnerability in the air was again shown when a long free-kick was put away by an unmarked Limerick player at the far post but blown up for offside. Then, in injury time Quinn put away Limerick's third with another unmarked header from a corner, this time at the near post, for a 3-0 score to the home team at half-time.

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:36 PM
Muzzi came on for Tom at half-time and Noel went 4-4-2 with Danny joining Muzzi up front. After ten, Limerick went four up when another cross was volleyed home by an unmarked Limerick attacker for 4-0. Danny then had a good run through the Limerick defence but his shot on the run was saved by Ryan. After fifteen, Mark took down a Limerick forward running through another onto through-ball for a penalty which was put comfortably away by Behan top left for 5-0. James Dermody came on for Mark and Shane D. picked up a yellow for a tackle. With twenty to go, Frost came on for Limerick and Wexford's only other player on the bench, Deano, came on for Karl with Patsy moving into defence. With fifteen to go, Shane D. hit a curling free kick which was palmed away for Ryan for a corner and Danny had a volley which went a few yards wide.

sadloserkid
23/09/2011, 9:38 PM
Finished 6-0. Own goal and two goals for Denis Behan (one a penalty).

Edit: Didn't realise you were still updating Forza.

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:46 PM
With five to go, another cross was put away by a Behan volley who was unmarked and Limerick had the time to hit the top of the crossbar with an unmarked header from yet another cross. Last action of the game was a yellow for Gamble for a tackle on Ben for a 6-0 final score to Limerick. Impressive powerful performance from Limerick and a touch of men against boys especially as far as the Wexford defence was concerned. Best for Wexford on a bad night were Danny, Ben and Shane N. while Shane D. and Patsy battled hard.

ForzaForth
23/09/2011, 9:48 PM
Sadloserkid. Yeah, sorry but the screen keeps blanking on me so it took me longer than normal. Fourth goal was an OG. I turned to my daughter for that one and said, I never heard of Noel Gee as a Limerick player.:D