PDA

View Full Version : Boha fans at it again

Roo69
12/07/2004, 9:11 AM
Gardai have launched an investigation into an incident which happened on Friday evening last which saw the car of Waterford United boss Ian Reynolds come under attack from stone throwing thugs.

The incident happened outside Dalymount Park after Bohs and United drew 2-2 in the Eircom Premier League.

A group of Bohs supporters’ screamed abuse at United player-manager Ian Reynolds when the match concluded but then threw stones at his car as the former Shamrocks Rovers player drove out of the stadium’s side road.

One supporter even managed to get hold of a brick.

"He tried to throw it through the driver’s window of my car but I put the foot down and it went through the back seat window instead.

"If it had hit me, I would have definitely hit someone on the road because the side road beside Dalymount Park is very narrow," a shaken Reynolds recalled.

The Waterford boss was full of praise though for the Bohs club after the incident.

"I went back to Bohemians afterwards and they were great.

"The manager Stephen Kenny even offered me his own car."

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=12383

Schumi
12/07/2004, 1:03 PM
United player-manager Ian Reynolds
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

max power
12/07/2004, 1:21 PM
"The manager Stephen Kenny even offered me his own car."

that would be his free car, which doesn't cost him a penny, what a generous man to give away something he got for free, like the respect of the longford fans ;)